I won't be ordering from TSUSA again (I stand corrected)

Before we moved back east, I sold off some surplus 5.56 I had, since it was "easy to replace and I needed funds. (Right BEFORE Newtown, of course - go figure). The first buyer refused to buy it (sealed boxes, of which he wanted one opened, with plastic bags inside with a wire and lead seal). He swore up and down that it was "remanufactured" - because of the stain of the annealed cases. Bet that moron was sorry when Newtown hit a couple of months later.

I've got case upon case of XM and none (I mean none) has dents.

It's all annealed and will leave residue on hands, and it's not as "clean" or polished as commercial boxes of 20, but it's certainly not dented.

I've never seen dents like that and our ammo is shipped UPS (oops).

This is NOT representative of this product (dents).

I dunno, I've always found a few here and there... And lots seem to vary. Then again I dont buy a shitload of it recently so maybe I'm
biased. Only bought a few thousand rounds in the last 2 years. Before that I had a long hiatus.

If it is XM855PD that stuff is usually loaded with dents and even a few potentially unusable rounds, but I don't even know if they sell that
stuff anymore. It was like tier-2 of the overruns.

-Mike

LC brass is the food stuff.

Federal sucks, primer pockets gwt loose after a couple cycles. I bring it to the range and it doesn't come home again.

I've got case upon case of XM and none (I mean none) has dents.

It's all annealed and will leave residue on hands, and it's not as "clean" or polished as commercial boxes of 20, but it's certainly not dented.

I've never seen dents like that and our ammo is shipped UPS (oops).

This is NOT representative of this product (dents).
Loose bulk is going to have dents.

I sell metal tubes which bounce in boxes - that's why we use cardboard and foam to keep them from being damaged.

Same with storing bulk ammo in cans loose.

There's a reason chip bags seem 1/2 full when you open them - how pissed are you when you open the bag and it's full of crumbs?
ummm...I'm not. Contents settle. The bag is full of extra air to help limit how much they get crushed. But they're fragile and bouncing around. I would expect some to break.

Same here. Bulk ammo thrown in a box and shipped 3000+/- miles might have some dents. If I wanted pristine stuff, I'd pay for it to be packaged better.

In fact, when I hire someone to manufacture something for me that needs to arrive intact, I pay for better packaging. You're paying for the rejects one way or the other.

Subscribing for my information.

But yea, I've gone through cases and cases of ammo that looked exactly the same. Never had an issue. Looked the same whether I ordered it from TSUSA or bought it retail.

I wont jump on the bandwagon and tell you what you've already learned about the ammo itself.

But I can speak to TSUSA and their CS. I've ordered ... never enough from them. On one occasion they shipped me a case of 12g ammo that happened to be the wrong model from what I ordered. Off by 2 numbers in the model. High Vel vs Low recoil. I called them, they confirmed what I ordered and asked me to read the model number off the case they had shipped. Confirmed it wasn't right and immediately sent me a return label. They took the order back and shipped me the proper ammo no questions asked, had it 2 days later. Another time they had me return the ammo but had run out of the one I actually ordered so they allowed me to sub in an alternate and I paid the difference. Nice and clean transaction, had the new delivery 2 days later.

I think the policy is around "defective" ammo. unopened or full returns they don't seem to have a problem with if it's their fault.

Back
Top Bottom