I wrote a letter to the Boston globe

Performance Art project

You may have put yourself on the T's map by your admission of ccw'ing on a commuter conveyance without notifying them ...

NTTAWWT.

Here's an idea - declare an official NES "I Am Spartacus/bignova Appreciation Day":

One morning next week as many NESers as possible board bignova's usual Commuter Rail train at Dighton, wearing fleece coats, Patriots hats, and khakis. For art's sake, everyone gets their personal choice of civil rights organization membership card and CCW.

Bonus points if you manage to sit next to an obnoxious lib talking loudly on a cell phone.

Heads would explode like streetlights popping on Mockingbird Lane when Grandpa Munster energizes his latest experiment in the basement.

You remind me of a hipster trying to make up his mind ordering coffee. Do you even own guns or do you just pump Atilla's shotgun?

I didn't know atilla had a shotgun. Tell us all about it bigblue. Are you cheating on mini-kalash?

BTW, I always drink coffee with a little cream and no sugar, if you really need to know.

Last edited:
He wrote the letter just fine.

He wrote the letter better than you or I.

Because you or I did not write any letter at all.

He took action, vs. just pontificating here . . .

If you are carrying on the train in the first place, you took action. The gun didnt keep everyone safe, but its owner would have, had the situation presented itself.
When the focus is on the gun, you are a nutjob and a zealot.
When the focus is on a guy willing to protect others if the situation called for it, youre a hero.
Theres a difference in perception to non gun people

Spreading like wildfire, I love it! I wonder if the Globe will publish more pro-gun letters now that they've seen how much traffic that can generate.

If every poster here on NES spent 10% of their posting time (myself included) in "community outreach", not preaching to the converted, we'd all be in a better place.
This place might be very slowly turning from a majority who consider MA a lost cause to those who think a battle is only lost when you stop fighting.

The point I make to politicians is, "We do not yet have the numbers to determine who wins an election: but we have the numbers to determine who loses. And point out candidates like Stephen Lynch and Dan Conley. There is a lot going on behind the scenes in Boston as we run up to the next mayoral election.

[slow clap] Another good thread has been speckled with poop due to infighting.

Quite true. Some people need to satisfy their own egos by not letting things go, in addition to adding childish digs at someone they disagree with, which adds nothing to the discussion at hand.

I just posted the following to facebook, will be interesting to see how I get flamed by people who say "the police will protect me" I know as a senior I would not do well against a mugger.

A question for senior citizens or women who are small statured, if a mugger or rapist tries to attack you, or a 200 pound jerk tries to rob you even if not at knife point, do you just submit and let them have what they want (including your body) and hope they don't seriously hurt you? Or do you try to protect yourself anyway you can? If you say you will yell out, or blow a whistle, or throw up on command on the person, how often have you heard a car alarm go off or a whistle and just ignored it? If you call the police it is at least a few minutes before they are able to show up (assuming you are able to get your phone out, dial it and talk to the dispatcher before the mugger knocks you down). Have someone without warning start tapping you to simulate an attack, how long does 4 or 5 minutes seem? If you were fighting for you life, can you hold them off for 5 minutes?

http://www.unionleader.com/Grandmother-65-says-she-shot-man-who-tried-to-mug-her

I just posted the following to facebook, will be interesting to see how I get flamed by people who say "the police will protect me" I know as a senior I would not do well against a mugger.

A question for senior citizens or women who are small statured, if a mugger or rapist tries to attack you, or a 200 pound jerk tries to rob you even if not at knife point, do you just submit and let them have what they want (including your body) and hope they don't seriously hurt you? Or do you try to protect yourself anyway you can? If you say you will yell out, or blow a whistle, or throw up on command on the person, how often have you heard a car alarm go off or a whistle and just ignored it? If you call the police it is at least a few minutes before they are able to show up (assuming you are able to get your phone out, dial it and talk to the dispatcher before the mugger knocks you down). Have someone without warning start tapping you to simulate an attack, how long does 4 or 5 minutes seem? If you were fighting for you life, can you hold them off for 5 minutes?

http://www.unionleader.com/Grandmother-65-says-she-shot-man-who-tried-to-mug-her

Some of us don't use FB, so let us know what happens. It's also interesting to note that the NH woman received phone calls from the mayor and the police chief, who asked her if she felt okay at being unarmed because the police had to take her handgun for evidence. This always happens in MA, too.

Earlier, she took calls from Mayor Ted Gatsas and Police Chief Nick Willard. She said Willard asked if she felt OK being unarmed because police took her weapon for evidence. Not to worry, she told him, her neighbor had lent her one of his.

Spreading like wildfire, I love it! I wonder if the Globe will publish more pro-gun letters now that they've seen how much traffic that can generate.

At this point I'm sure they will do anything in their power to increase readership.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I'm sure they will do anything in their power to increase readership.

The internet just skipped. [laugh2]

A question for senior citizens or women who are small statured, if a mugger or rapist tries to attack you, or a 200 pound jerk tries to rob you even if not at knife point, do you just submit and let them have what they want (including your body) and hope they don't seriously hurt you?
I want front row seating when some assclown tries to pull that with Minininjer. That guy would've officially released his last fart around 5 seconds after making the worst decision of his life. And she's pretty much the most petite young lady I've ever met.

looks like they sniffed out OP's name and personal info in the globe comments section...wtf!
Seriously???? I hope not. I haven't bothered to read the comments. If my personal info is there please let me know. I will share the email of the person at the globe who I have spoken with and we can politely ask them to have my personal information removed.

Last edited:
I read this prohibition somewhere a year ago-ish, mentally filed in under "More BS from the state overlords", and proceeded to act as a free American all the same. Now I'll have to go find, or not find, "it." And you may be right all the same, challenge accepted.

I'm assuming by now you've realized you were operating on incorrect info.

Happens all the time. Until a couple weeks ago I firmly believed a hard drive was at high risk of damage from magnets.

A public, "Gee, you guys were right!" would be appreciated by those that tried, mostly pretty civilly, to correct you.

sort the comments newest first...2 comments with today's date at 7:28am & 7:29am...
http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/...te/aSTz3mB9lYC0n3xyObLd5L/story.html#comments

Yeah its out there. You will soon have moonbats tying themselves together with concrete filled barrels in your driveway.

The comments on the glob merely reinforce the first c in ccw for me. Progressives are so disconnected from reality that they seriously think they can will away crime and that self defense is something to be feared. How delusional are these people that they fear law abiding citizens more than degenerate thugs?

Last edited:
I want front row seating when some assclown tries to pull that with Minininjer. That guy would've officially released his last fart around 5 seconds after making the worst decision of his life. And she's pretty much the most petite young lady I've ever met.

The Globe has deleted my personal info and blocked the user. But, my info is already out there now.

glad they took care of it...but you're right, it's out there and the blockees may hop onto the other sites where the article has been posted and be posting the same info...you may want to be googling your number and name in connection with this article to make sure it doesn't pop up anywhere else

Yeah its out there. You will soon have moonbats tying themselves together with concrete filled barrels in your driveway.

The comments on the glob merely reinforce the first c in ccw for me. Progressives are so disconnected from reality that they seriously think they can will away crime and that self defense is something to be feared. How delusional are these people that they fear law abiding citizens more than degenerate thugs?

Those comments are unreal. They really would rather die in a pool of their own piss and blood than be saved by some freak who would bring a loaded gun on a train.

I hope they all get their ****ing wish. Just hope I'm not on the train that day.

- - - Updated - - -

The Globe has deleted my personal info and blocked the user. But, my info is already out there now.

lesson learned I guess...pseudonym next time.

Just goes to show though, who the real ****ing lunatics are.

Back
Top Bottom