IDPA what do I need

I'm not an atty. I haven't been under a rock.

Re the crap you guys have to put up with. I'm aware of it. Based on my read of the regulation provided by m1911, you can legally lighten your trigger.

I don't like safeties on anything other than 1911s. So I'd pay up for whatever I wanted , then modify the trigger. Whats so crazy about that?

Seriously, Its not a rhetorical question. Am I missing something. That seems reasonable to me.

Based on my read of the regulation provided by m1911, you can legally lighten your trigger.
Yes, you can. The regulations govern what a dealer can transfer to you, not what you can possess or carry.

So I'd pay up for whatever I wanted , then modify the trigger. Whats so crazy about that?
Nothing. That's why I've posted (several times) in this thread that a MA M&P needs trigger work right out of the box. It isn't hard to do or expensive. If I bought an M&P, I'd do that before I even took it to the range.

And I'm guessing that if you sold that M&P with the improved (and legal trigger) you could get a premium for it. So its actually money well spent.

I noticed that the reg doesn't restrict you unless you sell 5 guns or more per year in MA.

Nothing. That's why I've posted (several times) in this thread that a MA M&P needs trigger work right out of the box. It isn't hard to do or expensive. If I bought an M&P, I'd do that before I even took it to the range.

This. A friend of mind just bought an M&P40 the other day. Its his first gun, so I suggested that before he even take it out, get it to Greg Derr first. That 10 lb. trigger is beyond awful. It made a world of difference when I had mine done.

Back
Top Bottom