If Leatherman is Anti, why is the NRA giving them away in their latest raffle?

Some of us actually have a life that doesn't revolve entirely around firearms.

Those of us who are planning on getting out of this dump (or have done so already) the situation is about a LOT more than gun rights. The fact that this state does not trust non-criminals by default with a firearm is just the tip of the iceberg- It's something that has triggered a lot of us to actually look at how else the state is raping us.

MA does have good things, and a few good people in it- but it's one of those places that I'd rather be "visiting" than "living" in.

-Mike

Sounds like California with shitty scenery.

Actually Western Massachusetts has some pretty beautiful scenery. And is much more gun-friendly (with some exceptions) than Eastern Massachusetts. All of the Police Chiefs in my town (since I have lived here) have been willing to approve concealed carry for just about anyone who applies. And about two months ago I actually sat in my dining room with a trooper from the MSP trading guns and discussing a wide variety of subjects from gun laws to how to raise a good child.

Massachusetts is not all it's critics think it is.

At least not all over.

Some of us actually have a life that doesn't revolve entirely around firearms.

A lot is to be said of someone who doesn't trust you with a firearm. They typically vote certain ways on a lot of issues. Those who do trust you with a firearms typically vote for ideals that I believe in.

GMAFB. I'd rather live free in a wasteland than imprisioned in all that "culture".---jose

You are more likely to be assaulted in Massachusetts but you are more likely to be murdered in Ohio. You are more likely to be raped in Ohio. You are more likely to be robbed in Ohio. You are more likely to be burglarized in Ohio. You are more likely to be a victim of larceny in Ohio. You are more likely to have you car stolen in Ohio.

Of the eight categories of crime listed in the data tables Ohio is worse then Massachusetts in seven of them.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_05.html

Massachusetts is 3rd in per capita income Ohio is 29th.
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regional/spi/2007/spi0307.htm

I think not accepting work in Ohio was one of my better choices.

jkelly

The income stat is complete crap, the cost of living in Ohio is a lot lower than commiechusetts. Why are we even talking about MA vs OH any ways?

You are more likely to be assaulted in Massachusetts but you are more likely to be murdered in Ohio. You are more likely to be raped in Ohio. You are more likely to be robbed in Ohio. You are more likely to be burglarized in Ohio. You are more likely to be a victim of larceny in Ohio. You are more likely to have you car stolen in Ohio.

Of the eight categories of crime listed in the data tables Ohio is worse then Massachusetts in seven of them.
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius2006/data/table_05.html

Massachusetts is 3rd in per capita income Ohio is 29th.
http://www.bea.gov/newsreleases/regional/spi/2007/spi0307.htm

I think not accepting work in Ohio was one of my better choices.

jkelly
This post is so utterly stupid and pointless, I don't know how to begin responding to it.

So I won't. [laugh2]

The income stat is complete crap, the cost of living in Ohio is a lot lower than commiechusetts. Why are we even talking about MA vs OH any ways?---Derek
I believe the income stat is accurate. We are talking about Ohio in response to jose’s whining about crime in Massachusetts. It's a little hypocritical.

This post is so utterly stupid and pointless, I don't know how to begin responding to it.---jose
The point is you live in a state that has a higher murder rate, a higher rape rate, a higher robbery rate, a higher burglary rate, a higher larceny rate and a higher stolen car rate.

So I won't. ---jose
Of course you already have.

One for JKelly. -Scrivener
Thanks Scrivener.[smile]

jkelly

Well, I think comparing Ohio to Massachusetts is a bit unfair. I lived in Northeast Ohio for 13 years and can tell you that if rednecks, defunct steel mills, cornfields, confederate flags, flat land, 98% humidity, having the copper pipes stolen from your home while on vacation, country music, Nease Chemical, walking the quiet byways of the housing projects in Youngstown, the words yuns and warsh, legions of people who drive 10 miles an hour under the speed limit in the left lane on I-80, locusts, uninsured motorists, feeling top of the food chain at least when you cross the Ohio River into Chester WVA, the taste of dust, tornadoes and slamming your brakes on to avoid the Amish, then Ohio is a panacea....[wink]

Seriously though, I do miss: machine gun stores, the sunsets, surreal lightning storms, Amish diners, (seriously), motorcycle rides to nowhere, ghost towns, strip mine scuba, High Street in Columbus, having no choice but to date a hot chick, (girls in my town were hot), Wright Pat, Athens, Ohiopyle, (okay that's PA) and there is nothing - I mean nothing, like walking into The Horseshoe for an Ohio State/Michigan game - go Buckeyes!

However, I am a New Englander and am proud to be from Massachusetts - the state where liberty, revolution from tyranny and the principles of freedom were born for this country. I am not however, proud of what Massachusetts has become and silently, (and not so silently) hope for a time where the people of Massachusetts will get off their stomachs and rise again...Wishful thinking and a shred of fading hope, as my eyes begin to wander north...

Back
Top Bottom