If Only He Had A 9mm

What's the proper armament to have while hiking in grizzly territory? Bear spray and a Mossy 930, extended tube and rifled barrel loaded with sabot slugs and a buddy with the same gear?
A high powered rifle, .44 Mag and spray. We came up on a young male in Glacier NP. He was excavating a marmot den. I had nothing. My sphincter was extremely tight....

Attachments

• 70C414F3-7D75-4D71-82CB-0C84A52D4F88.jpeg
    70C414F3-7D75-4D71-82CB-0C84A52D4F88.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 2
  • B596DA4D-563B-4988-AADF-5E450023181A.jpeg
    B596DA4D-563B-4988-AADF-5E450023181A.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 2
Prayers for the victim and his family. What an awful way to go. People forget that you are usually alive when the bear starts eating you.

If it was me, I'd want bear spray (surprisingly effective) and at least a 44 magnum. Ideally you would bring a long gun, but a lot of hikers don't like the weight.

Prayers for the victim and his family. What an awful way to go. People forget that you are usually alive when the bear starts eating you.
If it was me, I'd want bear spray (surprisingly effective) and at least a 44 magnum. Ideally you would bring a long gun, but a lot of hikers don't like the weight.
a flare into bear`s mug would probably be more effective than any gun. bears are not rabbits, they do not go into frozen shock when shot. they get angry, very angry. and eat you up.
a bear shot in the heart will still eat you up, and then will die on top of you and your ripped out guts.

a flare into bear`s mug would probably be more effective than any gun. bears are not rabbits, they do not go into frozen shock when shot. they get angry, very angry. and eat you up.
a bear shot in the heart will still eat you up, and then will die on top of you and your ripped out guts.
I dunno... I'm still thinking (hoping? praying?) that five or six (or twelve? fifteen??) 9mm rounds of Federal HST into Yogi's face/eyeballs/mouth/etc would buy me enough time to get the fuq outta there before Boo-Boo arrives to help him out...And if he's still charging at me? My G17 holds seventeen-plus-one, therefore I'd have enough left to off myself quickly (rather than being ripped to shreds slowly) LOL....

Just sayin' 🤕

Back
Top Bottom