Illegal Data Release Massachusetts

Political persecution by society, neighbors, employers, etc.

This. Say you work for "menotomy moonbats incorporated" in Arlington. You're not especially fond of moonbats but the pay is decent and the politics otherwise are not overbearing because thats not your job there. They know your DOB and where you live. They do know you own guns but they think you're a trap on sunday hunter type and don't think twice about it. Then the moonbat CEO starts digging around in these things and finds out you own like 10 AKs and a half dozen AR-15 variants and a crapload of handguns and is horrified, and then they proceed to make shit up about you and drum you out of the company.

That's not by accident. Only one time when I've sold a gun out of state did the FFL do a F10 with me as the seller and him as the buyer. He then did a FFL to FFL transfer to the dealer in the buyer's state. I don't think that's required, but it's the way he did it. The others I've done were via transfer to my FFL and then FFL to FFL.

Well I found my 'buyer id' in all of 5 minutes from the data so I know what my id number is to the state. Interesting that the transaction shows sales, but it doesn't show guns I've sold, so the count would be off.

Interesting that there 1354 purchases made between 2016 and 2021 with no buyer identification. I wonder if there are FFL transfers or something. But they are listed as sales.

This. Say you work for "menotomy moonbats incorporated" in Arlington. You're not especially fond of moonbats but the pay is decent and the politics otherwise are not overbearing because thats not your job there. They know your DOB and where you live. They do know you own guns but they think you're a trap on sunday hunter type and don't think twice about it. Then the moonbat CEO starts digging around in these things and finds out you own like 10 AKs and a half dozen AR-15 variants and a crapload of handguns and is horrified, and then they proceed to make shit up about you and drum you out of the company.

Or someone like me out in suburbia with 3 kids in elementary school. Word getting out that we have guns in the house means the kids are all stricken with social aids.

Not sure how it is now with EOPS, but actually, historically, "no they did not". At one point the AG basically got redacted shit exactly like what we see here. But given this
development you can be sure they probably just share it with whoever they want with no regard to protocol or legality of doing so. The fact that some PII is cut out of it is just enough so that a judge wont immediately injunct the behavior or something.
I don't remember exactly when that changed, but I do remember that it did change (and I believe it was during Maura's reign as AG).

They committed a crime in violation of state law.

@sHORTY @Admin maybe the forum should disable the visibility of member's birthdates permanently to help deter doxing? Get rid of the option to show them.

Why would someone put their real birthday on a website anyways? Hell, even when I put my real name here as username, I didn't go that far, then again I don't crave people saying "happy birthday!" to me either.

FWIW I don't see someone "getting robbed" by some thief as being a likely/probable outcome.

I see this data being used as a tool for some kind of political persecution being exponentially far more realistic scenario.
While the probability of each scenario can be subject for debate, both scenarios are plausible thanks to this hostile move by the state.

Geesh, ya'll are up in arms over something that is a nothingburger
  • All Personally Identifiable Information(PII) has been removed. There are no names of people or their addresses!
  • The data does include FFL business names, but that information is publicly available from the ATF or google maps.
  • The data was released as part of a FOIA request. The FOIA process is very rigorous when it comes to ensuring no PII is released
I am yet to see GOAL present an example of which data attributes in the dataset is actually "personally identifiable information). All they did is file a complain with references to MGL sections.

Oh yeah, .the media can't wait to run a story on this.

I can see them prancing around and verbally jerking off over it, perhaps even making the state look bad but it wont matter much in the end. Also they will act outraged at first and then devote the other 4 out of 5 minutes to some moonbat anti gun activist talking about how "the public deserves the right to know who around them owns guns" blah blah blah, prattle prattle. basically insinuating we're like child molesters or something.

• All Personally Identifiable Information(PII) has been removed. There are no names of people or their addresses!
  • The data does include FFL business names, but that information is publicly available from the ATF or google maps.
  • The data was released as part of a FOIA request. The FOIA process is very rigorous when it comes to ensuring no PII is released
I am yet to see GOAL present an example of which data attributes in the dataset is actually "personally identifiable information). All they did is file a complain with references to MGL sections.

There are exceptions to FOIA besides PII. And FOIA doesn't require the responding agency to publicly host all the data.

So what other personal sales data do you want the state to publicly disclose and host online? Car sales? Drivers license data? Do you really think the disclosure of PII is the beginning and end of the problems with this? Get out of here with this bullshit.

LMAO not sure if serious the expiration date in one table is basically a partial birthdate. That is f***ing PII..... [rofl]

Let me put it this way, the regulation of that one piece of data is taken very seriously..... and thats putting it mildly.

ETA: you're also ignoring the fact that if a person has one type of data they can essentially use this info to get other types of data.

Why would someone put their real birthday on a website anyways? Hell, even when I put my real name here as username, I didn't go that far, then again I don't crave people saying "happy birthday!" to me either.
Why would ppl post pictures of all thier shit here and on faceplant and on instaturd and then go crazy when a database is posted…

I am guessing you don't qualify as an evil "gun hoarder" facing punishment by our radical new anti-2A AG lady. [laugh]

FWIW I don't see someone "getting robbed" by some thief as being a likely/probable outcome.
It's not out of the question.

If you've ever done a private sale you have the buyer/seller's Name, Address, DOB, and Unique ID to the system.
That's enough to digitally case someone's collection.

Lets say you legally sold a pistol to a buyer on a EFA10. Now assume that they're a purchaser for a gang.
What you've done is given that person insight to the complete collection of arms at your home.
Got a machine gun? You're now a prime target for a robbery.

There are so few gun owners in the State and the renewal dates being our birthdays, as someone else said, it is easy to match it to census data with birthdays.

For example; some towns have just one renewal in a certain month.

Let's say TOWN A has one renewal on April 15.
Now you know someone born April 15 has guns.

You get the census data and the town maybe has 2 people with the same birthday.

Now you know one of those 2 has guns.

You go to Facebook, one has a bunch of pictures of nature, maybe a gun ... there is your guy.

Just checked my safe and they're all still there. This report say's otherwise. Guess I'll need to keep moving.

Last edited:
LMAO not sure if serious the expiration date in one table is basically a partial birthdate. That is f***ing PII..... [rofl]

Let me put it this way, the regulation of that one piece of data is taken very seriously..... and thats putting it mildly.

ETA: you're also ignoring the fact that if a person has one type of data they can essentially use this info to get other types of data.
Hate to say it but birthdates are not PII. Anyone can request a list of residents from their Town/City Clerk in MA that will have names, addresses, and DOB info (except for minors and law enforcement). Some towns used to even print it every year in a bound booklet. It's a standard report from the state census database.

I just tried something in the last three minutes without any actual detective work or even Googling. Should I have been able to do this? Does this make NES members comfortable?

1. Went to the New Acquisitions for December 2011 thread on NES
2. Picked a post
3. Found that specific transaction in the FFL data
4. Found that member has 33 FFL transactions and 14 personal transactions
5. I now know exactly what models and how many guns he's bought since 2006
6. I know the serial numbers of four of them
7. I know his town of residence, presumed birthday, and gender without him ever having posted this on NES
Holy shit. Everyone has their birthday set in Facebook.

No shit it’s easy to find it was a joke. And yes it is a big deal and yes this thread has turned into a pants shitting thread because ppl just can’t help themselves but make trouble. The State pulled some bullshit, hopefully they’ll get smacked down as fast as possible. The same guys shitting thier pants here are the same ones that do nothing but post pictures of their guns all over the Internet.
Smack down is irrelevant. The data is out there. You can't recall it.

Back
Top Bottom