I'm becoming one of you...

When I first joined this thread, I recall reading (in disbelief) about how members of the forum didn't know exactly how much ammo they had, had to stop and think to figure out how many guns they had. How people would 'find' ammo in various places they had forgotten about. How sometimes people would 'misplace' a gun for a period of time. "Not me," I thought. I knew where all of my gun, ammo, and accessories were, down to the last round of .22, and I could tell you without thinking, any time of day.

Well, I haven't gotten to the stage where I misplace my guns (and I hope I never do). However, it seems I've made some progress.

I just got a call from Tana. It's her day off, and she's cleaning out my car for me. I told her she could keep any change she found on the floor and underneath the seat. Well, she wanted to know if she can keep the ammo she found as well. Apparently I had a small munitions stockpile strewn across the floorboards of my car.

[rolleyes]

Apparently I had a small munitions stockpile strewn across the floorboards of my car.

[rolleyes]

That's something that you have to be VERY careful about. If someone would happen to borrow your car and not have a license it could be a problem for them if they get caught.

There could be a hefty penalty to them if they don't carry a LTC or FID.

Last edited:
I don't know about misplacing a gun, if I'm not shooting/carrying most of them are in the safe. But the accessories and ammo thing I understand. If I had a nickel for every time I couldn't find a mag, sling, borelight, or other accessory, I'd have a lot more guns.

That's something that you have to be VERY careful about. If someone would happen to borrow your car and not have a license it could be a problem for them if they get caught.

There could be a hefty gentility to them if they don't carry a LTC or FID.

I think this is another reason to add to our LTC ALP apps....

I don't know about misplacing a gun, if I'm not shooting/carrying most of them are in the safe. But the accessories and ammo thing I understand. If I had a nickel for every time I couldn't find a mag, sling, borelight, or other accessory, I'd have a lot more guns.

Well... mine are all in the safe... but I couldn't tell you how many guns are in that safe without thinking about it. [smile]

There could be a hefty penalty to them if they don't carry a LTC or FID.

Indeed that was one of my excuses to get my Wife to get her LTC & FID way back when.

I would frequently do a "wellness check" of my local club back then and frequently pickup cases and sometimes live ammo off the range, throw it on the floor. Some would always roll under the seat and not come out until I had to stop short somewhere.

Amazing how this forum just pulls you in. Logging in is one of the first and last things I do every day. [thinking]

I have'nt misplaced anything ....yet, but I've learned a lot and made some good friends. [smile]

Indeed that was one of my excuses to get my Wife to get her LTC & FID way back when.

I took the opportunity to yell at Tana for delaying her LTC. She took the Significant Other class with Lynn way back when (was that April?), and STILL hasn't taken the first step towards getting her license.

Amazing how this forum just pulls you in. Logging in is one of the first and last things I do every day. [thinking]

I have'nt misplaced anything ....yet, but I've learned a lot and made some good friends. [smile]

Amen!

I took the opportunity to yell at Tana for delaying her LTC. She took the Significant Other class with Lynn way back when (was that April?), and STILL hasn't taken the first step towards getting her license.

I hear you TD my wife took that class and has not moved either.

...the accessories and ammo thing I understand. If I had a nickel for every time I couldn't find a mag, sling, borelight, or other accessory, I'd have a lot more guns.
I resemble that.[rofl] I've had a magazine IN MY HANDS, put it down long enough to lock the safe and then not been able to find the mag.[rolleyes]

Whew! Chrissie is not alone. She has the application at home and that is about it.[rolleyes]

Last edited:
Tony,
Funny you should bring this topic up. I was the same way. I could tell you at any time exactly how much ammo I had on hand, and knew where it all was. Then I have nights like last night, where I was doing something, and happened to stumble on 1200 rounds of ammo, I not only didn't remember putting where I found, but can't for the life of me remember when I even bought it!

Amen!

I hear you TD my wife took that class and has not moved either.

Whew! Chrissie is not alone. She has the application at home and that is about it.[rolleyes]

That's funny...because I've been on Nicolle about going up to the PD as well.

That's funny...because I've been on Nicolle about going up to the PD as well.

My wife as well.

But I figured I would be the one filling out her app and dropping it off. She'll just sign it. I just haven't gotten around to writing out the $100 check. I couple of my non-res permits have taken higher priority.

Tony,
Funny you should bring this topic up. I was the same way. I could tell you at any time exactly how much ammo I had on hand, and knew where it all was. Then I have nights like last night, where I was doing something, and happened to stumble on 1200 rounds of ammo, I not only didn't remember putting where I found, but can't for the life of me remember when I even bought it!

Dude, that's my ammo. I must have left it at your place.

[wink]

I thought it was just me that couldn't get their wife to just "do it". Mine Had her LTC, but let it expire when we moved as the "$100 for 4 years" was too much to her. Even now, it's always "I can think of a lot better places to waste $100."

Sad thing is, she's right. She has ZERO interest in shooting. The only reason for her to have the license is the damn state possession laws.

I thought it was just me that couldn't get their wife to just "do it". Mine Had her LTC, but let it expire when we moved as the "$100 for 4 years" was too much to her. Even now, it's always "I can think of a lot better places to waste $100."

Sad thing is, she's right. She has ZERO interest in shooting. The only reason for her to have the license is the damn state possession laws.

Tana's problem is that she doesn't want to give up her CA driver's license and officially become a Ma**h***.

Hell, I even offered to pay the $100. To me the $100 is worth it, if for no other reason than to avoid a fine if she ever got caught with someone of mine.

Maybe THATS what we need to do! Who on the board is an LEO? We need you to pull over all our girlfriends and wives and 'find' ammunition in the car with them. Then tell them they're facing a fine/jail term for illegal possession of ammunition, but that you'll let them off with a warning if they promise to apply for their license within 30 days. Maybe that'll get them moving!

Well... mine are all in the safe... but I couldn't tell you how many guns are in that safe without thinking about it. [smile]

Me either. I'd have to pull up the spreadsheet and count them to actually know how many I currently own. [smile]

I like Rob Boudrie's response to anyone who might ask him "so, how many guns do you have?"

"Can you accurately tell me how many pairs of socks you own?" [rofl]

Me either. I'd have to pull up the spreadsheet and count them to actually know how many I currently own. [smile]

I like Rob Boudrie's response to anyone who might ask him "so, how many guns do you have?"

"Can you accurately tell me how many pairs of socks you own?" [rofl]

Yeah, but you can get packages of socks, 3 for $5 at Target, and there's no state law that says you have to lock your sock drawer.

Yeah, but you can get packages of socks, 3 for $5 at Target, and there's no state law that says you have to lock your sock drawer.
And strangely enough, in FREE states like NH and VT, there's no law that says you have to lock your sock drawer OR your gun drawer.

Tana's problem is that she doesn't want to give up her CA driver's license and officially become a Ma**h***.

Hell, I even offered to pay the $100. To me the $100 is worth it, if for no other reason than to avoid a fine if she ever got caught with someone of mine.

Maybe THATS what we need to do! Who on the board is an LEO? We need you to pull over all our girlfriends and wives and 'find' ammunition in the car with them. Then tell them they're facing a fine/jail term for illegal possession of ammunition, but that you'll let them off with a warning if they promise to apply for their license within 30 days. Maybe that'll get them moving!

If she gets stopped with a CA DL and no MA DL, she could be in for trouble, once you get a job here or move here it is illegal to NOT convert to a MA DL/Reg. Don't recall the penalty.

It's not just a "fine" if caught with access to firearms/ammo in MA with no LTC, it's jail time (for good people, dropped charges for real criminals - really).

Also, what you are suggesting is a real "career ender" for any LEO that just looks the other way in such a case. Doubt that you'll get any volunteers!

Back
Top Bottom