In the doghouse/ Christmas ruined/ AR build

It could be worse, I had two family members giving me grief on behalf of all gun owners because many of us supported the protesters at bundies ranch who where "pointing guns at cops, so the should all have been shot and arrested".

Eventually the wife had to say that our 1 year old was getting tired and we had to leave...

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

So, Christmas Eve I was able to talk to my FIL. He started the conversation, apologizing without really apologizing. We had a pretty good civil exchange and I feel that I made a little headway with him. Christmas went well. Got a firm handshake and a pat on the back. Good enough, moving on. Still waiting for the barrel to come back and a couple random parts for the build. Thanks NES for what turned out being a pretty funny thread. Where's the psychotherapy forum? [rofl]

Good to hear. That was an extremely crappy situation he put you in before, so I can only hope he did some reflecting and realized how much of a tool asshat he was acting like.

Well that's cool.

But i would still keep him at arms length. Then again you know him best so maybe he had a change of heart ?

Glad to hear that your family had a nice Christmas.

It is tough having daughters. As a Dad, I want my daughter to be happy, and I realize that this means she will have boyfriends and eventually a husband. But.. I feel as though it is kind of my duty to be moderately threatening to these unworthy individuals. Not like felony threatening, but for example:

Daughter brings young man to the house, her first boyfriend. She says "Dad this is Cory"
Cory extends his hand (sucker). I shake his hand and crush it until I feel bones crunch. I tell him it is nice to meet him and ask if he is staying for dinner, and they start to walk away when I say " Cory did Rachel tell you about the window?"

He says " No Sir, what window"
I say " The one I will throw you out of if I catch you pawing my daughter" and he replied " Understood Sir"

Months later I told him that I am sure he is a nice kid and I would hate if he ever did something that would result in him eating through a tube for the rest of his life. When my daughter asked me about I told her he must have not heard me right.

If you have Daughters, you will understand.

It is tough having daughters. As a Dad, I want my daughter to be happy, and I realize that this means she will have boyfriends and eventually a husband. But.. I feel as though it is kind of my duty to be moderately threatening to these unworthy individuals. Not like felony threatening, but for example:

Daughter brings young man to the house, her first boyfriend. She says "Dad this is Cory"
Cory extends his hand (sucker). I shake his hand and crush it until I feel bones crunch. I tell him it is nice to meet him and ask if he is staying for dinner, and they start to walk away when I say " Cory did Rachel tell you about the window?"

I say " The one I will throw you out of if I catch you pawing my daughter" and he replied " Understood Sir"

Months later I told him that I am sure he is a nice kid and I would hate if he ever did something that would result in him eating through a tube for the rest of his life. When my daughter asked me about I told her he must have not heard me right.

I have a simpler solution. At least so far, early in my daughter's relationships, the boy gets invited to the range. My daughter's accuracy alone is usually enough to keep them off balance/in line. I also make a comment like 'you can't even HEAR an arrow,' and usually a few .50 rounds are put out on the range table. I say that those can accurately travel for half a mile. [wink]

So, Christmas Eve I was able to talk to my FIL. He started the conversation, apologizing without really apologizing. We had a pretty good civil exchange and I feel that I made a little headway with him. Christmas went well. Got a firm handshake and a pat on the back. Good enough, moving on. Still waiting for the barrel to come back and a couple random parts for the build. Thanks NES for what turned out being a pretty funny thread. Where's the psychotherapy forum? [rofl]

Good to hear. Things are moving in a more positive direction!

Do you have kids? If your young son or daughter asked you " Where's Grandpa?", "I want to see Grandpa for Christmas, I miss him?". My heart would melt.

You wouldn't get right on the phone and apologize to your FIL for the sake of your children? It a fight over something stupid, words.

I would do anything to see my family happy.

What kind of black hearted people are on this board?

No.

After more than 20 years of being treated like shit by my in laws I finally said 'no more.' Most of it was passive aggressive stuff. Teaching your children to stand up for yourself is important. Teaching them they don't have to put up with shit because they are related to someone is even more important. I do a lot for my son. Made many decisions based on HIS best interest. He's old enough to decide if he wants to see Grandma and Grandpa but he also knows how I have been treated. I will never try to keep him or my husband from seeing my MIL and FIL but they know I will not be with them.

No.

After more than 20 years of being treated like shit by my in laws I finally said 'no more.' Most of it was passive aggressive stuff. Teaching your children to stand up for yourself is important. Teaching them they don't have to put up with shit because they are related to someone is even more important. I do a lot for my son. Made many decisions based on HIS best interest. He's old enough to decide if he wants to see Grandma and Grandpa but he also knows how I have been treated. I will never try to keep him or my husband from seeing my MIL and FIL but they know I will not be with them.

This ^^^^^^^^!!!!

You've got more balls than most of the men here. [thumbsup]

The Germans have an expression:

"The farther away my relatives live, the more I love them."

"Je weiter sind die Verwanden desto lieber sind sie mir."

Last edited:
No.

I'm this way about certain family members, in my opinion love, like respect is earned not given blindly. I refuse to "love" someone who is a complete ******* just because we share similar DNA.

This mindset really rubs my dad the wrong way, in his mind "family is family and you help family". He tries to figure out what made me so cold and unfeeling... sadly he doesn't understand that the people I do care for I would go to the ends of the earth. I refuse to give that same consideration to someone who continuously hurts or betrays me or my family.

When I was a teenager and the knuckle dragging father of a girl I dated tried to intimidate me like that, I smiled and nodded. Then, later on, I got even more satisfaction out of violating his little princess. Threatening a kid with violence isn't going to keep him from banging your daughter.

My mom dealt with an abusive mother in law for 40 years. Finally I'd had enough and told my grandmother that if she wanted to see her grandkids and great grandkids she had to at least treat my mother with respect.

My manipulative grandmother of course started crying. It was not easy tlling a 90 year old woman, who I knew wouldn't change, that I was done with her. But I needed to stand with my mother, and frankly I'm embarassed I didn't have the balls to do this years ago.

Don

When I was a teenager and the knuckle dragging father of a girl I dated tried to intimidate me like that, I smiled and nodded. Then, later on, I got even more satisfaction out of violating his little princess. Threatening a kid with violence isn't going to keep him from banging your daughter.

[pot][popcorn]

Yeah your right... not letting some little scumbag spend time alone with my daughter kept him from violating her. And if I was that little princess's father, I would have kicked the ever living shit out of you and had you charged with a sex crime.

You obviously don't have daughters.

That is kind of psychotic.... "Violated" wow.

Threatening ? nope,

Acting as threatened ? Oh, hell yes.

(Proud member, local chapter of "Members with Daughters, we wish we all lived in 1650 when a father could be a men". )
==============================

All in all, the father was a nice guy, he did not come through on his threats and seems like he did not go harsh on his daughter.
At the end of day, at this point in human history, I guess it's better to let things be, rather than fight for times gone by, and lose your daughter.

It is temping.. however.

Last edited:
Yeah your right... not letting some little scumbag spend time alone with my daughter kept him from violating her. And if I was that little princess's father, I would have kicked the ever living shit out of you and had you charged with a sex crime.

You obviously don't have daughters.

I think he might have used a better choice of words but I don't disagree with his premise. The hurr-durring, macho bullshit, etc, isn't going to stop teenagers from fornicating. Best thing you can do with kids is instill some sense of personal pride and self worth- so that when the opportunity presents itself they might think about that aspect before hopping in the sack with someone. Of course its hard to do that so its easier to just hurr durr and make veiled threats.. of course I understand the why, and the wanting to protect your kids, etc... but people gotta be careful with that stuff, because it breeds defiance.

-Mike

Recent off the tracks digression into defending your daughter's honor not withstanding. The Original Post is a Christmas classic.

It should be resurrected every year for all of our reading enjoyment. Kind of like a NES Christmas Story.

Back
Top Bottom