• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Incredible photos from Afghanistan

Thank you so much for posting these - I enjoy seeing the experiences of others, experiences I have not known, experiences that bring them closer. I felt a great range of emotions - pictures say it all. Thanks, again, z0mbi.

Excelent pictures! But those pictures do not even do justice as to what is really going on there, the threats they face, the weather that beats on them, the emotions these guys are feeling at any given moment. They do put the average non military person who forgets what is actually going on out there, one step closer to reality.

Give these guys lots of credit. And thank you to the photographer for telling these guys story.

[iwojima]

Wow!

And yes, in pic #14 the guy on the right appears to be holding a Romanian FPL (Romak 3). The mag is right next to the trigger guard (I think) which rules out a Russian Dragonov.

Interesting choice in weapons. I guess it has greater range and stopping power then an AR. I'm surprised they let him use it as his service weapon though. Unless he humps it along with his issue gear.

packingungal ~ Thank you so much for posting these - I enjoy seeing the experiences of others, experiences I have not known, experiences that bring them closer. I felt a great range of emotions - pictures say it all. Thanks, again, z0mbi.

packingungal has said it better than I, thanks for posting the impressive photos z0mbi.

Last edited:
Interesting choice in weapons. I guess it has greater range and stopping power then an AR. I'm surprised they let him use it as his service weapon though. Unless he humps it along with his issue gear.

From the looks of the pictures it seems that the Marines at least are somewhat liberal in their use of "issue gear".

From the looks of the pictures it seems that the Marines at least are somewhat liberal in their use of "issue gear".

I don't know about this particular unit, but I read that some US troops use AKs in some roles because the sound will not give them away as US troops, like an M14 will.

Great pics. I agree don't scroll down. There is a good mix in the dialogue, but the anti american ones pissed me off.

Back
Top Bottom