Is it just a pretty paper weight now? .22 Win Mag RF?

Did see some today at Wallyworld in either Hudson or Leominster. looking for 22lr so kinda skipped over it but saw it. I am pretty sure it was at Hudson.....Hope this helped.

WMR is not the same. It has a longer case and slightly larger diameter. And yes it is similar to the .357/.38 special situation, only the WRF IS equal to the .38 and WMR is equal to the .357.

The ammo is actually pretty inexpensive. I've found it about $10 - 12 a box. Although, I found some original collectable stuff for quite a bit more.

The two are indeed not the same but that is not what Madisonian is saying. You rifle states .22 Magnum R.F. which = .22 WMR. WMR stands for Winchester MAGNUM Rimfire. They just abbreviated rimfire as R.F. Your rifle can shoot both the .22 WMR and the .22 WRF.

WMR is not the same. It has a longer case and slightly larger diameter. And yes it is similar to the .357/.38 special situation, only the WRF IS equal to the .38 and WMR is equal to the .357.

The ammo is actually pretty inexpensive. I've found it about $10 - 12 a box. Although, I found some original collectable stuff for quite a bit more.

What these guys are telling you is your barrel is marked for "magnum"
have you tried to chamber a WMR round in it?

WRF is available through Midsouth Shooters in their most resent catalog (2013 Master Catalog) Listed at 9.20 per 50

45 gr. jacketed hollow point

Also available at Midway, they list both Winchester and CCI

BUT, your gun is clearly marked for 22 WMR- check to see if it chambers

HOPE THIS HELPS

THANKS
DOWNWIND
Per previous posts, 22 WRF will chamber and shoot fine in guns chambered for 22 WMR.

Back
Top Bottom