Izhmash rifles?

Saw a few of these at a local firearms store I frequent. Seemed decent for the price, the had one in .223, 7.62x39 and 12GA. Anyone have any info / feedback on these rifles? Did a search but didn't find much other than comparable prices.[thinking]

They've been Russia's most popular weapons makers for years dating back to the early 1900s.
What you saw were Saiga rifles. If you can find one for a decent price, buy it now because chances are you won't be able to find them for much longer.

I have one in .308, one in 12 gauge, and I've moved getting one in 7.62x39 up near the top of my priority list. Well built and reliable, what more could a guy want?

Izhmash makes the evil Saiga-12 shotgun. Anything Izhmash is a highly recommended purchase. Buy em while you can.

Blue Northern had all but the 308 in stock on Wed. at fair prices.

thats where I saw them I think I'm gonna go pick some up [smile] EVIL. I'm somewhat new to firearms so I'm still learning who makes good stuff and junk stuff so thanks everyone for the advice! [cheers]

I picked up my 7.62 a few weeks ago, and just popped its cherry at the range yesterday.

100 rds, no hiccups, surprisingly accurate. Decent targets at 100yds with the iron sights.

I got it for $439 at North Shore Firearms in Middleton.

Just remember as cool as a 10 round AGP can be it is only for those who live in free states. It may be evil but also cost you your freedom and LTC.[thinking]
Very true, but speaking from a strictly a technical standpoint. Converted Saiga's are also badass, but not allowed in this crummy state.

They went quick! Saw a couple of each earlier this week. The shotgun was over $600 and the rifles were under $500. They are the same price that I've seen everywhere else.

Converted Saiga's are also badass, but not allowed in this crummy state.

This is partially incorrect. You can legally "convert" a Saiga rifle in MA (eg, to a gun with a pistol grip and normal stock, and relocate/change the trigger, and repair the magwell to take real magazines, all assuming Fed 922R is obeyed in the process) it's just that the end product can't have the typical set of banned evil features on it. (bayo lugs, flash hiders, folding/collapsible stock, etc. )

Now, as far as the shotguns go, you're probably right.... As the rules are somewhat different.

-Mike

Last edited:
This is partially incorrect. You can legally "convert" a Saiga rifle in MA (eg, to a gun with a pistol grip and normal stock, and relocate/change the trigger, and repair the magwell to take real magazines, all assuming Fed 922R is obeyed in the process) it's just that the end product can't have the typical set of banned evil features on it. (bayo lugs, flash hiders, folding/collapsible stock, etc. )

Now, as far as the shotguns go, you're probably right.... As the rules are somewhat different.

-Mike

Correct. Mass allows for converting Saiga rifles to standard AK pistol grip config if you play the 922r game and add a certain amount of US made parts, etc. Where as the shotguns aren't supposed to be converted here.

Its all lame bullshit laws, especially the 922r thing that was basically made for importers. I'm waiting for someone with deep pockets to challenge it.

Thanks HKdrummer19, because of this thread, I ordered a Saiga .308. I already have the Saiga 12, 7.62 X 39, and .223. So I NEED the .308 to complete the set. Thank you for showing me that I NEEDED the .308!

Saw a few of these at a local firearms store I frequent. Seemed decent for the price, the had one in .223, 7.62x39 and 12GA. Anyone have any info / feedback on these rifles? Did a search but didn't find much other than comparable prices.[thinking]

If you can get one get one. Especially the 12 ga. it is too much fun to shoot. Great simple firearm and easy to work on.

I just made these forearms up for some guys on the Saiga 12 Forum for the 12 ga. If there is anyone in the Northshore are who wants one I am itching to figure out how to mount one on the rifle reciever.

Attachments

• DSC01924.jpg
    DSC01924.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC01925.jpg
    DSC01925.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC01926.jpg
    DSC01926.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 14
If you can get one get one. Especially the 12 ga. it is too much fun to shoot. Great simple firearm and easy to work on.

I just made these forearms up for some guys on the Saiga 12 Forum for the 12 ga. If there is anyone in the Northshore are who wants one I am itching to figure out how to mount one on the rifle reciever.

That is some nice machining! I only have a lowly Saiga-12 but would love to buy one off you. [wink]

Thanks Rob and NWanner,
If really interested then just drop me a PM I have about 6 different forearms for the Saiga 12 on hand right now. I have been making them up on a custom basis right now so designs can be changed to accommodate personal preference. I can send info on different designs. Lengths from 8 3/4 which end at the gas valve and 14in.

Here are some pics of others prior to the powder coat finish being applied. The slots can be used with some T nuts I made up to allow rails and accessories to be attached as, there is also slots on all guards located at 6 O'clock that can be used to attach accessories.

Attachments

• DSC01906.jpg
    DSC01906.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 14
  • saiga 018.jpg
    saiga 018.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 12
  • Wes Slot.jpg
    Wes Slot.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 8
Thanks Rob and NWanner,
If really interested then just drop me a PM I have about 6 different forearms for the Saiga 12 on hand right now. I have been making them up on a custom basis right now so designs can be changed to accommodate personal preference. I can send info on different designs. Lengths from 8 3/4 which end at the gas valve and 14in.

Here are some pics of others prior to the powder coat finish being applied. The slots can be used with some T nuts I made up to allow rails and accessories to be attached as, there is also slots on all guards located at 6 O'clock that can be used to attach accessories.
Wicked sexy. I'll be getting in contact once my loan comes through [wink]

Back
Top Bottom