Just visited S&W, Springfield, Mass

About 2 weeks ago, I took an excellent 10 hour handgun class although I already have a license to carry permit that I never used. So, I decided to visit the S&W store yesterday afternoon and had a great experience. All sort of great selections on display and I was offered the opportunity to try them out on range. Since I'm only interested in target shooting, I purchased a S&W Model 617, 4" 10 shoot revolver, 22LR revolver based on it being a great feeling, very solid piece. It's locked away till the weekend when I'll get a chance to try it out

Any recommendations on brand of 22LR I should purchase? Thanks !

Congratulations of the new revolver.

As far as what brand of ammo to buy, you should get 50-100 rounds of various brands and see which brand your gun seems to prefer. I have found the Federal bulk pack and the CCI Stingers to be very good in most of my .22s. You may find a different brand/brands works best for you.

I bought a S&W Model 617, 4" 10 shot revolver about 18 months ago. Great 22 revolver. I only use CCI stand velocity or Federal bulk pack.

Last edited:
Nice choice on the pistol. You'll enjoy it for sure. .22 ammo is cheap. Buy a 50 rnd box of everything you see. Shoot it and keep track of what does what.

(obvious) but if you shoot alot of everything, dont forget to clean the gun once in a while, you might have a brand that works awsome in the gun, but if the barrel is dirty from other brands/rounds you wont notice... just an obvious thought.[grin]

thats an awsome shop, its right near my school, i used to shoot there all the time, until i realized i was broke bcause of it [thinking] haha

Back
Top Bottom