• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Killing of Danquirs Franklin by Charlotte Mecklenburg PD

Well if its holstered Im going to tell them to come grab it or do something very slowly
I don’t think “We’ll come grab it.” was one of the options.

He got, “Drop the gun.” in less than three seconds repeated 15 times.

And when he grabbed the gun by its side they shot him.

Where did you get that he had a mental issue? Did I miss something? Again where was the gun?

Im just saying IF he had a mental issue. The problem is the police didn't know either. They didn't even try to find out or not. That's the issue. We can say oh they told him 15 times to drop it, but if he wasn't mentally there, he had zero chance to begin with. The way he was reacting, im guessing something wasn't right upstairs. Be it drugs, nerves, or an actual handicap but he doesn't look right. I guess that's enough to shoot him down.
To me, it looks like the gun may be on his leg/lap. But is that against the law?

We as firearm enthusiast should be concerned that a hobby/lifestyle we have puts a mark on ourselves that we can be subjected to the firing squad if you do not play simon says quick enough or in the manner they want us to play.

Im just saying IF he had a mental issue. The problem is the police didn't know either. They didn't even try to find out or not. That's the issue. We can say oh they told him 15 times to drop it, but if he wasn't mentally there, he had zero chance to begin with. The way he was reacting, im guessing something wasn't right upstairs. Be it drugs, nerves, or an actual handicap but he doesn't look right. I guess that's enough to shoot him down.
To me, it looks like the gun may be on his leg/lap. But is that against the law?

We as firearm enthusiast should be concerned that a hobby/lifestyle we have puts a mark on ourselves that we can be subjected to the firing squad if you do not play simon says quick enough or in the manner they want us to play.
What IF he wasn't mentally ill?

What IF he wasn't mentally ill?
Wait for him to make the first aggressive move towards the police. That's why I keep saying, have a set rules of engagement. Not a policy that isn't know to the public and up for review behind closed doors. Something black and white so we can look at the video and say "did he take a shot at the police" fine, the kill was justified. But as of right now, everything is gray and the police are allowed to fall back on "I thought he was going to act aggressive".
As of right now, people are completely fine with killing a civilian based on a bunch of maybes. Maybe he was going to do harm, maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he wasn't right in the head, maybe he was deaf and didn't hear the commands.
The police never tried to figure any of those maybe out, they yelled at him and when they didn't like the results, they shot.

Wait for him to make the first aggressive move towards the police. That's why I keep saying, have a set rules of engagement. Not a policy that isn't know to the public and up for review behind closed doors. Something black and white so we can look at the video and say "did he take a shot at the police" fine, the kill was justified. But as of right now, everything is gray and the police are allowed to fall back on "I thought he was going to act aggressive".
As of right now, people are completely fine with killing a civilian based on a bunch of maybes. Maybe he was going to do harm, maybe he was having a bad day, maybe he wasn't right in the head, maybe he was deaf and didn't hear the commands.
The police never tried to figure any of those maybe out, they yelled at him and when they didn't like the results, they shot.
OK.

You forgot to mention that they didn't use the Magic Word....."PLEASE".

Back
Top Bottom