• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Larry Correia: For liberals who are suddenly interested in gun ownership

rivet_42

NES Member
Recent reports of an increase in crimes apparently motivated by bias based around someone's actual or perceived ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or whatever else,[1] have prompted some liberals to have what a Southerner might call a "come to Jesus moment" on the topic of gun ownership and self defense.

Science fiction author Larry Correia has written an essay for such people. For us, a lot of the material presented is going to be obvious, but, he does an excellent job of breaking down both the practical aspects of learning to shoot and to defend yourself, and getting licensed to carry, as well as the philosophical and political basis for the Second Amendment. He presents his material in a way that takes into account liberal political philosophy and biases and so on. If you have liberal family members or a circle of liberal friends where you're the token "gun guy" and people come to you for advice, opinions, etc., etc., you might want to point them at this essay.

[1]I'm really not interested in discussion or debate as to whether these accounts are true or false, or whether there really is an uptick in such incidents or just increased reporting because increased reporting might serve some sort of editorial bias or another at this particular time. The fact is that such things do happen, because some portion of our nation's population is composed of dirtbags. And the heightened reportage is making some of the people who are in a position to be victims, afraid.

I thought this was a joke post.

I debated making it at all, considering the hatred many on this board have for "liberals". But, I'm willing to take pro-2A allies wherever I can find them. I've been saying for years that gun ownership and the Second Amendment shouldn't exclusively be a conservative thing. Especially in part of the country that leans so overwhelmingly "blue".

I debated making it at all, considering the hatred many on this board have for "liberals". But, I'm willing to take pro-2A allies wherever I can find them. I've been saying for years that gun ownership and the Second Amendment shouldn't exclusively be a conservative thing. Especially in part of the country that leans so overwhelmingly "blue".

The other angle is that it may take the abuses of the other party for each party to finally realize the value in the Constitution (i.e. if they each fear the coming government of the other party). Of course, they are slow learners like Harry Reid changing Senate rules which will make it easier for Rs to ram shit through now.

Hmm would it be a bit over reach to think that the libs might use the 2nd as intended....but they might require the guns and ammo be provided for free and or have someone else do it for them.

Its a wonderful thought but as proven on this very board, what's the point when they still vote for gun grabbers.

Pretty funny. Maybe too snarky for actual liberals through.

Totally, I considered sending this to some liberals I know, but some of it they would feel is insulting to them (easily triggered). An article in this vein needs to be done by someone who speaks their language. Maybe an NPR piece would do the trick to turn them and get them rethinking gun prohibition.

"A liberal is a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet"

Nothing could be more true....

I wish I could find that blog where a liberal victim wrote about being mugged and concluded that he
must have needed a laptop more than her... True story.

Easy peasy:
Bad people hurt and kill good people by any means they want to.

Good people have a choice.
1: Become what every criminal wants. A defenseless victim that accepts the outcome of their fate willingly.
2: What most criminals try to avoid. A victim that would like to change the perceived outcome and fight back to change said outcome to their favor!

Let's face it criminals try to avoid armed confrontations. Knowing very well someday it will get the better of them!

Anyone that says the world would be safer with people owning less firearms.
Doesn't get that the criminals will always have them and the do gooders want to take them away. Which group is easier to take them from....The good people!
You can't fix stupid!

It makes you wonder if the do gooders work for the criminals?

Million mom march against gun crime. Just so their criminal sons won't have to worry about getting shot by the good citizens when they are trying to rob them at gun point![rofl]

I wonder how many have family in prison for firearm related charges when they join such groups?

I don't need a god or govt. to decide I have a right to defend my life.
It was mine the moment I took my first breath!
Survival is my right!

Last edited:
agree. Entertaining and accurate, but to be actually useful with a liberal it would need to be sanitized of so many trigger words. [devil]

Anyone who can't get past the minor snark in that isn't prepared to take the responsibility of defending themselves anyway

I don't like the whole "god given right" when talking about gun rights. But I don't like a lot of what most people agree with.

Neither did John Locke which is why he called them 'Natural Rights' when he first espoused them. God Shmaud- believe or don't who cares. Don't muddy the point of rights of man over religion.

It has almost always been the left that has used force to control populations and impose the will of a minority on the majority. That is why when they don't get what they want, they go right to violence. Most of the violence post election has been Trump supporters getting the shit beaten out of them, or shot, because they don't agree with the progressive point of view; To impose their will on the majority at any cost.

I doubt Larry Correia was aiming to convert the true believers away from their progressive cause, thus the choice of wording, and paragraphs like "What most of us in the right side of the country understand is that responsible adults need to be able to defend themselves. That means owning guns and learning how to use them. (To be fair, many on the left have also come to this same conclusion already, but they have to keep that opinion to themselves so the rest of you don’t yell at them).".

Article is pretty good, but don't miss out on the comments.

Personally,I have no use for gun owning Liberals.

They own a gun and vote for Hillary and Granny Warren,and people would lead us to believe that we should coddle these people.

F em.They aren't going to change their core beliefs due to owning an inanimate object.

Last edited:
I posted something similar about seeing liberals on Facebook flipping out about supposedly Trump induced hate crimes, and how pro 2A folks were using that as an opportunity to get them into gun ownership. The overwhelming attitude among the libs was still "guns are evil," and they'd rather be victimized than take up arms. Something about needing to shower attackers with compassion, kindness, and understanding. The logic is truly mind boggling.

Just an observation, with nothing to back it up statistically. A democrat (or Liberal) will always vote for the Democrat no matter what. Doesn't matter if the Democrat is a criminal, liar, pick the adjective. A vote strictly along party lines with NO deviation. A Republican (or Independent for that matter) will vote the person they feel is best qualified, even if it goes across party lines....

Personally,I have no use for gun owning Liberals.

They own a gun and vote for Hillary and Granny Warren,and people would lead us to believe that we should coddle these people.

F em.They aren't going to change their core beliefs due to owning an inanimate object.

just because a liberal buys a gun doesn't mean that s/he is pro-2a, he is protecting his hide while craving for your rights to vanish.

Back
Top Bottom