Larry Keane - Police revoking licenses for pre 7/20 purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOAL: we're trying to confirm when/where/if it happened. If anyone has details...

Also, was GOAL's twitter response (shown in OP) just a bot or something? Do we actually know a human at GOAL acknowledged it? I don't really know how twitter works, but it seems weird to say "thank you" in response to the dude dropping a bomb like that.

See the more recent tweet from GOAL on the topic. I think the latest interaction from them is "No, we're trying to confirm when/where/if it happened. If anyone has details, please contact us."

His account was hacked.
And that's the best they could do with his account? NO imagination.

Last edited:
If you don't see the supreme court is literally all that matters, there is pretty much no happening to you. Everything you described is about 10x better than a stacked court of liberal justices wittling down the 2a to a joke, just like we have in MA. I'm sure you'll sleep tight knowing you threw away your vote (not really because we live in a deep blue state anyway) on a 3rd party with a VP that is objectively more anti 2a than trump has ever been. Get real, fool.
WRONG ! The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the ultimate guardian of our cherished rights and freedoms. We must vigilantly defend it from all enemies foreign or domestic - for present and future generations.- Benjamin Franklin

A human runs their twitter account... [rofl]

I understand there are humans at GOAL, but can you set your twitter account to retweet or auto-reply related tweets as a marketing strategy? Like on instagram where you post a photo and a bunch of bots follow you within 1 second. That's what I'm asking.

Far fetched I know... but think of the shit storm if a pro-2'ndA CLEO who didn't give a flying ****, conspired with a citizen to deliberately deny, or revoke
that persons LTC, based on possession of registered, previously legal (now illegal), firearms?

There's at least two, possibly 3 issues at hand that could open a can of worms

1) Healey's proclamation.

2) Chiefs discretion WRT issuance of an LTC.

3) The reliability and accuracy of the FRB's records.

I understand there are humans at GOAL, but can you set your twitter account to retweet or auto-reply related tweets as a marketing strategy? Like on instagram where you post a photo and a bunch of bots follow you within 1 second. That's what I'm asking.
Yes, absolutely you can (I've written twitter automation scripts myself); it doesn't look like @GOALupdate is doing this.

Take a look at their more recent tweet as well as where GOAL says "No, we're trying to confirm when/where/if it happened. If anyone has details, please contact us."

Couldn't they query the manufacturer and serial number if you subsequently FA-10'd it as the seller to sort of maybe prove you sold it? Assuming the mfr and serial number fields are entered correctly and consistently, which probably happens 3% of the time.

That would assume that the gun you sold ended up back in MA. Dealers don't FA 10 shit coming in to their books. You could sell 50 guns to an FFL, they outbound them all to other states (eg, say via gunbroker auctions, etc) and the MA system still says you own them all with no information to the contrary.

-Mike

WRONG ! The United States Constitution is the supreme law of the land, the ultimate guardian of our cherished rights and freedoms. We must vigilantly defend it from all enemies foreign or domestic - for present and future generations.- Benjamin Franklin

Ok, let's get a quoting.

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people”. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
– John Adams

Yes, absolutely you can (I've written twitter automation scripts myself); it doesn't look like @GOALupdate is doing this.

Take a look at their more recent tweet as well as where GOAL says "No, we're trying to confirm when/where/if it happened. If anyone has details, please contact us."

It's possible the original source for this shit originated from the Reddit link posted earlier...

What they're doing now is using people's ownership of AR's/AK's that we're previously purchased legally as grounds for not re-issuing ltc's. And threatening to send you to jail for 10+ years if you fight it. This is already happening in Amesbury.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MAguns/com...ng_an_ar15_or_ak47_to_the_range_in_ma/d819bhh

I don't follow Reddit, don't have an account and have never posted there, but I hope this isn't the sole source that Keane is relying on without confirmation.
Maybe someone with an account over there can ask, press 'mutinygriz' for more details?

I can't help but to wonder if owning pre ban magazines for other firearms would now be an issue.
We just had a group buy of SKS's with grenade Launchers on them. I know AG trolls are monitoring activity here.... could that be a problem?[popcorn]

We just had a group buy of SKS's with grenade Launchers on them. I know AG trolls are monitoring activity here.... could that be a problem?[popcorn]
They have fixed magazines, and are not similar to any of the "named" "assault weapons." They are statutorily NOT "assault weapons."

They're not a problem.

But this potential seizure of firearms and deprivation of rights is. Waiting to see what shakes out.

It's possible the original source for this shit originated from the Reddit link posted earlier...

https://www.reddit.com/r/MAguns/com...ng_an_ar15_or_ak47_to_the_range_in_ma/d819bhh

I don't follow Reddit, don't have an account and have never posted there, but I hope this isn't the sole source that Keane is relying on without confirmation.
Maybe someone with an account over there can ask, press 'mutinygriz' for more details?

So the post on a Reddit is one of those "I heard at the gun store that ..."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So the post on a Reddit is one of those "I heard at the gun store that ..."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I commented on that thread originally and mutinygrinz replied to me saying "I believe GOAL is Tracking and involved with the affected parties." Based on this tweet from GOAL his belief was obviously mistaken. I have a feeling this whole thing is some gun store nitwit making stuff up.

"Better buy this here 1911 before the COP revokes your LTC for having a pre 7/20 AR...". This thread makes sense now.

I commented on that thread originally and mutinygrinz replied to me saying "I believe GOAL is Tracking and involved with the affected parties." Based on this tweet from GOAL his belief was obviously mistaken. I have a feeling this whole thing is some gun store nitwit making stuff up.

North Carolina! Rifle Deer season opens soon.

And I know a bunch of good old boys.

We'll come liberate y'all. We'll just need to coordinate which bridges to blow up!

Enjoy. I've been considering NC and PA. The riots in NC have me a bit concerned, but there are a lot of jobs down there.

FIFY. Big difference.
Given the scope of MA licensing discretion, a d!<%&#@d#d COP can very easily start doing this on their own, no permission or direction needed.

I think it varies by town, but my town was forced by a recent lawsuit to require written explanation for why they were giving restrictions, so they stopped giving them. I don't think they could easily just start taking back LTCs. But I'm sure some towns could.

"Better buy this here 1911 before the COP revokes your LTC for having a pre 7/20 AR...". This thread makes sense now.

What good is a 1911 when you don't have a license. Hmm... Let me rephrase it, what good is a license when you have a 1911.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy in one of my 2A Facebook groups reached out to NSSF and the original author of that tweet inquiring. He was told to reach out to GOAL regarding the details. He responded back asking if he could confirm and again was told to reach out to GOAL. He posted the email response but I can't post it from this device.

So basically who knows at this point... Would be pretty irresponsible to float that out there without confirming and then leave us all hanging waiting for details.

Given a whole day has gone by and we don't have any additional info leads on to think this post may be suspisous.

Guy in one of my 2A Facebook groups reached out to NSSF and the original author of that tweet inquiring. He was told to reach out to GOAL regarding the details. He responded back asking if he could confirm and again was told to reach out to GOAL. He posted the email response but I can't post it from this device.

So basically who knows at this point... Would be pretty irresponsible to float that out there without confirming and then leave us all hanging waiting for details.

Funny, because Goal is reported to have posted that they're trying to find details. I expect better from both organizations. We're not them, we don't propagate lies and misinformation. We stand behind the truth.

It would seem to me that at least ONE NESr would have first or secondhand knowledge of this, if it was legit. I believe the "tweet" contained the word licenses, which by definition, means more than one. Whether or not you guys trust GPP to be genuine or a plant, I dont know lol, but I can tell you this, my boss has heard zero in regards to this. Im looking fwd to hearing the end result tho, just like everyone else.

Funny, because Goal is reported to have posted that they're trying to find details. I expect better from both organizations. We're not them, we don't propagate lies and misinformation. We stand behind the truth.

Youd think, that these 2 groups would have bent over backwards to get some intel on this, today. The reality tho, is that both organizations are full of fecal matter, in my opinion anyways.

Hopefully this is just a bad rumor. But if Healey does indeed attempt to do this, I don't see how it could stand up in court. If I purchased a rifle that had only two of the three "evil" features, and met the letter of the law for being "legal" at the time, there is no way they can revoke my license on that basis. It's like saying I own a 1975 car that doesn't meet current emission standards, so she's going to revoke my drivers license. It's a retroactive application of a law, doesn't hold water. She can of course tomorrow come out with a blanket ruling that all AR's are banned, in which case I would think the State would have to provide fair market monetary reimbursement to the owner as a minimum. But IANAL.

ETA: I dug this up from Wiki:

In the United States, the Congress is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 3 of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution. The states are prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 1 of Article I, Section 10.

Revocation of a license like this would be exactly a case of ex post facto.

Last edited:
Hopefully this is just a bad rumor. But if Healey does indeed attempt to do this, I don't see how it could stand up in court. If I purchased a rifle that had only two of the three "evil" features, and met the letter of the law for being "legal" at the time, there is no way they can revoke my license on that basis. It's like saying I own a 1975 car that doesn't meet current emission standards, so she's going to revoke my drivers license. It's a retroactive application of a law, doesn't hold water. She can of course tomorrow come out with a blanket ruling that all AR's are banned, in which case I would think the State would have to provide fair market monetary reimbursement to the owner as a minimum. But IANAL.

ETA: I dug this up from Wiki:

In the United States, the Congress is prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 3 of Article I, Section 9 of the United States Constitution. The states are prohibited from passing ex post facto laws by clause 1 of Article I, Section 10.

Revocation of a license like this would be exactly a case of ex post facto.

The state hasn't passed an ex post facto law. The law hasn't changed. The AG is just enforcing an existing law differently.

The state hasn't passed an ex post facto law. The law hasn't changed. The AG is just enforcing an existing law differently.

They are not enforcing an existing law when they claim that a rifle that I purchased that met all existing laws at the time (and which by the way STILL meets all existing laws today), now deems me somehow unfit to hold a license. They can ban all AR's (or at least try), but they can't claim my record is dirty based on a retroactive revisionist view of the law.

I swear this is the type of thing two lovers of law would think up late at night...

Not exactly. She's incorrectly reinterpreting an existing law that was unlawful since it was first enacted in 1994 - 22 years ago.

Be sure to keep calling them MSR's, like that will suddenly make the Left Wing pieces of shit that hate your guts finally see the light. "Oooooh! They're modern sporting rifles! How could we be so silly? They just use them for sports. They're just like a hockey stick!" It's a pathetic PC garbage term, so cut the shit and stop using it.

As for the LTC in general, it's my opinion that this whole fight was lost decades ago, before most of us were even born, the minute Massachusetts required a special license to do something 97% of the United States just requires you to be 18 and not a shitbag. The Leftists are just using the present to destroy the hollowed out remains of gun ownership in Massachusetts because they have the numbers and it's politically expedient. Face it, they have you all by the balls, and all this talk of non-compliance and boat trips is just plain silly and sad.

It would seem to me that at least ONE NESr would have first or secondhand knowledge of this, if it was legit. I believe the "tweet" contained the word licenses, which by definition, means more than one. Whether or not you guys trust GPP to be genuine or a plant, I dont know lol, but I can tell you this, my boss has heard zero in regards to this. Im looking fwd to hearing the end result tho, just like everyone else.

I knew that you were a plant! Only kidding...I like your battles with Rob. [laugh]

Alexyour the one who moved to Kansas right?

Instead we should all just lay down and take it? That strategy is much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom