Larry Keane - Police revoking licenses for pre 7/20 purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw that this morning. If true I'll start plotting either an escape north before I need to renew down here. OR renting a safe space from some generous NESr.
(pun intended) [smile]

Maybe it's me but I'm confused. Whats the issue with owning things BEFORE 7/20?

Healey's 1984-esque position is that these have always been illegal since the MA 1998 law, it's just that she's enforcing it now. And by the grace of the queen she will not prosecute you felons. Many pointed out that we didn't know how this notice effected DA's and COP's. Looks like a COP is saying an individual who broke the law and bought one of these rifles and is therefore "unsuitable".

Last edited:
I just got word my renewed LTC is being sent on Friday.... if you were to look up my history of EBRs and ultra scary MSRs and this were true I would not have been renewed..

Probably just some anti COPs doing this to flush out any AR15s owned in their town prior to 7/20. Didn't our good friend Maura say she was working on getting rid of all privately owned AR15s in MA?

I just got word my renewed LTC is being sent on Friday.... if you were to look up my history of EBRs and ultra scary MSRs and this were true I would not have been renewed..

that makes me feel a little better- I went in for my renewal 2 weeks ago..said I should see in in 4, so 2 more weeks and I will be calling.

The post has very little info doesn't say where the guy is from what Police Department took away his LTC we need more info before we start to panic.

i went in for renewal in late may, birthday was last Sunday and i hope to get it next week..... my new drivers licence came in 4 days though....

We need more details to confirm this.

Person?
City/Town?
Reason Specified?
Firearms Confiscated?

My brother received his renewal last Fri., or Sat., with no issues. Maybe it's a town-by-town thing, if true.

Ummmm, how can this be verified?

The only way to be sure is someone it happens to reporting it.

You can request some statistical information on licensing from the PD. What you get back will vary widely. Some are very willing to provide the information, others want fees and probably won't give you much detail. I've see number/type of licenses issued/denied and sometimes a denial reason. But even the most detailed denial reasons were Unsuitable due to a CWOF, "Youthful Offender", and "Statutory". It's This lack of information makes it very hard to show that suitability is being applied unfairly.

If this is in fact happening, in a way it benefits us because they are just adding fuel to the fire. People are going to be understandably upset when they find out that people are having their rights stripped away and their property confiscated for the "crime" of having purchased legal firearms. It will also bolster the argument that the AG's edict is illegal and should be reversed.

Hopefully if it is indeed happening the people it is happening to are already in touch with GOAL/Comm2A.

The only way to be sure is someone it happens to reporting it.

You can request some statistical information on licensing from the PD. What you get back will vary widely. Some are very willing to provide the information, others want fees and probably won't give you much detail. I've see number/type of licenses issued/denied and sometimes a denial reason. But even the most detailed denial reasons were Unsuitable due to a CWOF, "Youthful Offender", and "Statutory". It's This lack of information makes it very hard to show that suitability is being applied unfairly.

I was referring to Larry's tweet-

I would say it's a ridiculous rumor, but that would be a very pre-7/20 mentality.

This is what I say. Until you can get a documented case it's little more than scare tactics.

We need more details to confirm this.

Person?
City/Town?
Reason Specified?
Firearms Confiscated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom