Lawmakers ask store to stop selling assault-style rifles (Maine)

The ironic part is the 1911 is every bit as much a “weapon of war” as the AR15, but the hippies are too ignorant to know that.
Yes, for now. Remember how they started pushing to ban things starting with handguns. Right now, the AR-15 is just "so much scarier" that they are running with that. They'll come back to handguns in due time.

Yes, for now. Remember how they started pushing to ban things starting with handguns. Right now, the AR-15 is just "so much scarier" that they are running with that. They'll come back to handguns in due time.

The AR-15 is not now, never has been used by any military anywhere in the world, including the USA.

The 1911 on the other hand!

Technically muzzleloaders were weapons of war at one point in time. But the old granolas seem to be fine with those. For now....

Did anyone make it down there today to witness the hubub or lack thereof?

Another good article about it. Apparently the protesters were outnumbered about 2:1.

Kittery Trading Post Greets Anti-Gun Protesters With Defiant Message

KITTERY – A group of anti-gun protesters who had previously threatened a boycott against Kittery Trading Post found themselves outnumbered and out-messaged this morning outside the iconic Maine business.

The gun control protesters, spurred by Rep. Lydia Blume, Rep. Patty Hymanson and Rep. Deane Rykerson, only mustered about 25 people to join in the protest of Kittery Trading Post. A group of gun rights supporters who pulled together a counter-rally on short notice had an estimated 50 people on hand to support Kittery Trading Post and defend the Second Amendment rights of Mainers.

State Senator and U.S. Senate candidate Eric Brakey was among the Second Amendment supporters. Brakey has been known as one of the most dedicated defenders of gun rights in the state during his time in the Maine Senate.

In response to the continued attack on their business by protesters, Kittery Trading Post minced no words, defiantly posting a message on their large outdoor sign which scrolled through a list of rights under the heading of “BILL OF RIGHTS” before closing out saying “IN MATTERS OF PRINCIPLE, STAND LIKE A ROCK.”

Previously, protesters had threatened a boycott of Kittery Trading Post if the retailer did not stop selling certain firearms. Clearly, the message from Kittery Trading Post today was clear – they will not be bullied.

Post on FB from GOME had the PD in support of the gun owners. Management at KTP was sending out water, fudge, tee shirts, other free stuff. KTP had props positioned so that every picture spot showed something gun related. Supporters we asked not to block the sidewalk.

Meanwhile the antis were told if the stepped on the property of KTP they would be arrested. They were also told to allow the free travel of shoppers on the sidewalk thus forcing them into a single line.

BXbhCBl.jpg

Throughout the event, KTP was flashing the Bill of Rights on their Entrance sign. It seems KTP actually supports the entire Bill of Rights, unlike the people protesting in front of their store.

View attachment 245586

Love the sign!! My parents live on the York/Berwick line, and I generally try to avoid the Rt 1 chaos during well, any season these days! But I have to make it a point to support KTP next time I am visiting. Goood on KTP!

I find it amusing that those who protest like that have no knowledge of existing definitions of various firearms and firearms laws. It's all monkey see, monkey do. Jack.
It's a social thing for these old women... a day out with their lady friends from the senior center. You can see that it took some of these women all of 30 seconds to write their signs. Come on Jack, what do you expect? Perfection? [laugh]

Was driving through Kittery and noticed the both sides of the protest. Wasn't my intent to go to KTP yesterday
because there wasn't anything I needed. Anyhow I felt compelled to go inside and show my support. I left after dropping
a c-note for few miscellaneous firearm items.

Dang I just bought a double barrel stoeger coach gun there last weekend should have saved the purchase for yesterday .

I've purcahsee countless fire arms there over the last decade......prices on used guns are a all over the map but but deals can be found and I snatch them up when I see them. I do support that store even more now .They truly stand out as a 2a supporter .

Back
Top Bottom