• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Legislative Wish List

ridleyman

NES Member
On the local, state, or federal level, in a near perfect, or even common sense world, what would your legislative wishes be?

Legislation regarding gun laws has always been about we gun owners giving something up for nothing. However, what if that wasn't the case? Is there anything you'd trade for another benefit?

For me:

1.) National reciprocity-stupid patchwork gun laws are impossible to follow, and only serve to snare innocent folks just intent on protecting themselves-if you have permission to carry in one state you should be able to carry in any state
2.) No more impossible to follow local gun laws about where you can't carry. like (depending on the state) state parks, restaurants that serve alcohol, church, Boston Common, picking up somebody at Logan but not going in to hijack a plane, etc.
3.) No gun bans, unless special permit needed for real machine guns (not just scary looking, black guns, labelled by racist left media), no more compliance list
4.) Real violent criminals are [flame]💀 RIP
5.) Recidivists spend years at work farms until they're too old to leech or breed
6.) Teach gun safety in the schools. Azzhole lefties don't want to use a great NRA program, even though it probably saves lives, just because it's the NRA. Also, PSAs about gun safety could be broadcast on TV
7.) If you're a law abiding citizen, not insane, and you have taken a safety/hunter class, you get your LTC, no questions
8.) Have the gov't promote gun sports, like target shooting teams

Now, the tough and more controversial part-how would I compromise?

For wish #1, national reciprocity, and wish #7, mandated LTC, I would agree to levy a hefty tax on new large cap mags, over 20 rounds, and mandate that everybody take a safety class, but no test as they smack of poll taxes and literacy tests, which could lead to more gov't bigotry against certain gun owners

There's no way in hell I'd accept a "hefty tax" on high-cap mags and take a mandatory safety test just to get national reciprocity when my $10 NH license already gives me access to tons of places.

You need to either make your list truly MA-centric, or weed out the LTC stuff as it's irrelevant and not a legitimate carrot to the majority of the country.

Back
Top Bottom