• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LEUPOLD SCOPES

wjsmall97

NES Member
I was on Flebay and came across some VX3i 1.5- 5 x20 scopes for under $100.00, come from China, they have the gold ring with what looks like the Leupold name on it.
When I went to look up that scope it is going for about $ 500.00, so I sent an email asking Leupold about it, to find out if they were seconds, or refurnished and have not heard anything back.
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these scopes. I find it hard to believe that they are knock offs were they advertise the Leupold name on them.
Bill

I was on Flebay and came across some VX3i 1.5- 5 x20 scopes for under $100.00, come from China, they have the gold ring with what looks like the Leupold name on it.
When I went to look up that scope it is going for about $ 500.00, so I sent an email asking Leupold about it, to find out if they were seconds, or refurnished and have not heard anything back.
I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these scopes. I find it hard to believe that they are knock offs were they advertise the Leupold name on them.
Bill
The knock of companies dont care, they are in china or somewhere else. By the time they ship them out to the 10th party distributors theres really no one to chase down and get them in trouble.

Heres one for $74 good luck

Last edited:
I normally use Leupold for all my scoping needs, its just that I saw these and was wondering about them. I wasn't going to buy it, but was wondering how they can get away with putting Leupold's name on it and being able to sell them like that.
Thanks, Bill

Fakes can absolutely have the Leupold branding, even the paperwork inside matches. I have 2 of these. 1 is a red dot I mounted on a range toy I bought out of curiosity and TBH, I was happily surprised.

I'm sure the quality is about equal to what you're paying.

I got a set of SaladMaster cookware off of Ebay from Canadana years ago. Wasn't MIC but it was pretty cheap versus Saladmaster standards. Good stuff. Properly made. Has served me very well. I still wonder if the person in Canadana was stuck with old inventory or something fell off a truck or what. It wasn't some fly-by-night seller either. Very odd. But worked in my favor.

80% Leoupold products direct-from-China???? Not if I want something that resembles a Leuopold. It might be adequate. But if I'm trying to get that, I'm trying to wring out every last ounce of quality from that bad-boy. I might get a $80 scope for my $100.

Back
Top Bottom