Lindsay Graham - Not Our Friend

What a effin waste of time...
Multiple time you’ve suggested that you could take a well respected and knowledgeable member of this community “to the woodshed”. If that is true then you should start explaining. I legitimately want to learn. I’m no sychophant from either side so I would like to know more.

So far all I’ve seen are ad hominem arguments and dismissive attitudes to the evidence of those with whom you disagree.

Multiple time you’ve suggested that you could take a well respected and knowledgeable member of this community “to the woodshed”. If that is true then you should start explaining. I legitimately want to learn. I’m no sychophant from either side so I would like to know more.

So far all I’ve seen are ad hominem arguments and dismissive attitudes to the evidence of those with whom you disagree.
Its a waste of time. If you can't understand that the NRA of 1934 had nothing to do with what the NRA became then you are simply running a useless smoke screen up the pole. Period. Heller has changed NOTHING, it was a needless high risk. If you call 1934 "evidence" then I know what side of the NRA coin you are one.

You can have your opinions about other members, I have mine. I have an intense dislike, and no respect, for whom who speak of. And have so since day one here.

They went up to Trump and asked him to ban f***ing bump stocks. What is the intention of that if it's not a ham fisted attempt at throwing the antis a "concession?"

ETA: Also I'm waiting to see the cover of the next NRA magazine warning the member
base about ERPOs. The silence from them on this ERPO bullshit has been deafening. Either they're "preparing something good" (I hope) or this is just another pause so that they can resume sending us down the river...

-Mike
I’d get your Canoe ready because the NRA is definitely sending us down the river

Its a waste of time. If you can't understand that the NRA of 1934 had nothing to do with what the NRA became then you are simply running a useless smoke screen up the pole. Period. Heller has changed NOTHING, it was a needless high risk. If you call 1934 "evidence" then I know what side of the NRA coin you are one.

Says the guy with his fingers in his ears, refusing to read a JPFO link because it's too tinfoily (i.e. it trashes his beloved lobbying organization), and refusing to acknowledge that the NRA - the organization that proudly advertises a 1871 start date - is in fact the very same organization that has sold out 2A in the halls of our government time and again for generations. Sure they do good, but to refuse to acknowledge the bad makes you willfully ignorant. This is a frigging thread about the polyp going by the name of Lindsey Graham that you completely derailed in a spittle covered tirade defending the NRA from its NES critics.

You can have your opinions about other members, I have mine. I have an intense dislike, and no respect, for whom who speak of. And have so since day one here.

Sounds like a personal issue. Certainly not one that's shared by anyone(?) else around here.

Last edited:
Thank you for some humor to make brighten up my Friday evening at work.
We have very few friends in Washington, not the least of which is Republican leadership in the legislature or the executive. We had two years to make progress and we only lost ground to spineless fair-weather friends of the Second Amendment. The NRA is either useless/inept or completely self-interested, either way they wont be getting my support after my membership expires.
As I've said many times before, our only real hope is an increasingly conservative SCOTUS that restores the right to keep and bear arms to the same level as our other constitutional/natural rights.

I get the sense that your identity is tied into the NRA. there are quite a few folks like this. they take solace in this blind belief that the NRA is tirelessly working to defend their rights. so when little pieces of reality come leaking out they just can't handle it. it's a knee jerk reaction to defend the NRA no matter what they've done. the unfortunate truth is that they generate revenue by frightening gun owners into opening their checkbooks. that is the mission of the NRA.

my friend I can assure you that the NRA's days are numbered. i am at the tail end of a generation who wants to support them but cannot. the next generation has no connection with the NRA. i'll be shocked if they still exist in two decades.

The last part of Squib's post describes myself and others who I talk with fairly accurately. Aside from an ad filled magazine, am not seeing much other than same old same old from the self proclaimed oldest civil rights organization in America...
A few years ago I started sending some of my formerly all NRA related donation money to the other 2A protector groups(SAF, GOA, etc.) That has now changed to all of of it aside from my annual NRA membership.

I agree that myself among others are looking like the end of the line of real 2A supporters who started supporting the NRA years ago and who still Want to support the NRA, but are just not seeing them respond to the threat(s) hard enough for our satisfaction. Perhaps it is time to try another organization that Will fight for the right and that means all of them with no second tiers of lesser support. Let the NRA concern itself to the fundraising arena it fights well in for its salaries and donations to political friends, marksmanship training, and overall Fudd'esque endeavors it seems like it is becoming...I'll still send my annual dues for the time being.

Note: Its not that the NRA needs to always win, but for F#*&S sake they at least have to fight.

NRA bashers are cut from the same cloth as Warren, Healey, and the like....

Tell me , are you unequivocally stating that the NRA leadership never has spoken a single word in support of either bump stock bans or EPROs ?
I just want to get it in black and white from you.
I've been a member for well over 40 years and what I see is a desperate need of a change in leadership.
And yes it's true that the NRA has hosed positive laws behind the scenes.
NH and Florida both.
Go over to ARF and read the hometown forums from Florida and see how Marion Hammer stabbed them in the back on constitutional carry and snapped the knife off in them.
It's not the NRA that needs to be gone , just the current puds in leadership.
Cox and Lapierre particularly .
Creating a problem and then sucking around for money to fight it isn't exactly new or novel .

It's not the NRA that needs to be gone , just the current puds in leadership.
Cox and Lapierre particularly .

I don't know that much about Cox, but I certainly can't figure out why the disturbingly well-paid LaPierre is worth $1.50 an hour, let alone the amount of money his presence costs the organization. I can well believe that he's just a mercenary CEO running the corporation primarily for the corporation's financial benefit. The corporation does prosper, but at what cost? I look forward to the day he decides to retire and sip martinis on the beach, or whatever it is he does with his spare time. I could be wrong, but I doubt it involves much shooting.

I'm not sure how the Lindsay Graham thread became the NRA thread, but I guess I'll put my two cents in.
Count me as one more who started supporting them when I first started really paying attention to the growing anti movement, and eventually became a life member when they had a big discount promotion going on.
I mean, come on...they're the NRfriggingA.
But they've since disappointed me on more than a couple of occasions.
If I knew then what I know now, I might have just thrown them a few bucks here and there, and focused on GOA or something.
So, I'm a life member, but I certainly don't have the pride in that statement that I did originally.
I agree that I don't want to see the NRA go away per se, but I want them to start being a lot more present and vocal about defending our rights.
Maybe, like others have said, it's a leadership change that's in order.

Barry

HARRYM wins troll of the month. Congratulations! I envy the amount of free time you have.

Support GOA, GOAL, and Comm2A.

I'm an NRA member, but probably won't renew this year.

Wow. Harry M, I wish you’d take whomever to the woodshed. I have t seen a fact based argument yet.

I fully comprehend and understand that the NRA needs the fight to keep and bear arms going. Same reason Raytheon needs war to keep going. It’s good for business.

I understand that the NRA would be out of business if the Supreme Clurt ruled that the right to keep and bear arms is limitless and applies to all human beings at all times for any reason or none at all.

What I’d like to know, as an NRA member is, how have they not f***ed us over with the bumpstock ban? How?

Bumpstocks are beyond retarded and are worse than rubber bands. But they stood behind the banning of said bumpstocks.

As they stood behind machine gun bans and background checks etc etc.

So please, I am offering myself up as your victim. Please take me to the woodshed and beat some sense into me publicly in front of all these good folk.

Because the NRA will never receive another penny from me or my family or my friends or from anyone I can explain their evilness to.

The bumpstock thing is peanuts compared to what will happen if we get a federal ERPO.
Someone you pass by in the hallway at work and have said hi to a couple of times will be able to throw one on you because they saw you wearing some gun related apparel or a sticker on your car and freak out.
No evidence needed and zero accountability for filing a false claim .
You can bet your ass every anti group will be pushing it hard to file them too.
Thanks for supporting it Wayne you dickweasel .

Back
Top Bottom