Local sources for Mil Surp Ammo Cans ?

CaseHardened

Banned
Any local stores or Dealers that carry genuine old Military Ammo Cans ?
ammo%20can%20comparrison-500x500.jpg

Preferably the smaller ones.

I get my from the CMP for free...when I buy the ammo. [wink]

you ask for local , but don't give us a clue where you live ? KTP usually has stacks of several different types .

I'll travel pretty much anywhere in New England to see an interesting shop.

And if it's too far for me, the knowledge may benefit someone anyhow.

Kittery Trading Post sounds like fun - and this time of year the Traffic may be bearable!

- - - Updated - - -

shooters outpost & Rileys both have cans in stock. Riley's is cheaper $

I've heard good things about Rileys. Never visited. It's time I do.

Not for nothing, but try yard sales. I found a like-new .50 cal can and a WWI mess kit in great shape for $5.
Olive-drab cans stick out like a sore thumb...

I'll travel pretty much anywhere in New England to see an interesting shop.

And if it's too far for me, the knowledge may benefit someone anyhow.

Kittery Trading Post sounds like fun - and this time of year the Traffic may be bearable!

- - - Updated - - -

you've never been to Kittery ? dang dude , it's well worth the trip :)

Biggest cost to buying ammo cans on-line is the shipping.

Maybe a "Group Buy" would be in order...

Not for nothing, but try yard sales. I found a like-new .50 cal can and a WWI mess kit in great shape for $5.
Olive-drab cans stick out like a sore thumb...

Yard Sales!

I need to avoid them.

I always find myself dragging something home I don't need and have no place to store.

I wonder if folks find nice guns in the Red States, though.

Here in MA I would not even ask, lest they call 911.

Yard Sales!

I need to avoid them.

I always find myself dragging something home I don't need and have no place to store.

Watch out for the dreaded "Yard Sale Loophole"...

Biggest cost to buying ammo cans on-line is the shipping.

Maybe a "Group Buy" would be in order...

I would be so in, my dad claimed all my ammo cans when I moved back home for a month...
I used to have a buddy that worked at Otis, he would get me all the cans I ever wanted

Watch out for the dreaded "Yard Sale Loophole"...

And angry wives going through a divorce! I was at a yard sale years ago and the woman was selling matching snowmobiles for 450 a piece and they were brand new. At the time I didn't have mad money for something like that or i would have snapped them up.

G.I. JOE’S ARMY & NAVY STORE • 508.699.1200
Hours: Monday-Friday 10am - 5:30pm, Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 11am - 4pm
847 E. Washington St., Rte. 1 North Attleboro, MA 02760

Took the words right out of my mouth. This place is awesome. And yes, the cans seem genuine. You'll find them stacked by the dozen against the right hand wall in the back room, near the diorama.

+2 on this. I've bought a pallet at a time from him before for work (we use them for hardware buckets) He carries both genuine Surplus and reman stuff. Stock varies but worth a call.

Yard Sales!

I need to avoid them.

Just look through the threads started by martin08. The yard sale finds he posts are unbelievable.

I've had very good luck with Tractor Supply, actually - I just got 2 "kits" with a new 50 cal and a new 30 cal can in each on closeout for $15 each kit. I've also gotten new 'fat 50' cans there before for $17.99.

It kills me when I think of the 1000's and 1000's of these tossed over the sides of aircraft carriers during a cruise. At first everyone on board is collecting them but you only have so much room to stash them away on board. the surplus goes over the side.

I grabbed quite a few during the two cruises I was on but over the years have either lost most of them or given most away....stoopid.

Back
Top Bottom