Locked threads and Banned members...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember when I first joined NES flintoid reamed me out so hard over something lol. At first I was butthurt but it quickly faded to pride. It was an honor to get beatdown by that dude haha.

I moderate one of the largest hot rod forums, over 100K users. Some people just don't think the rules apply to them and you get sick of warning them. Banning is the easiest way to get your point across. Most times we do a 7 or 30 day the first time then a life time with an IP ban as well.
People seem to lose site of the fact that it is just an internet forum.

as a whole when flintoid's posts got sanitized it really did us all a disservice as the AK-related ones were very useful. guy knows more about AKs than i could ever forget. that was too bad.

I still strive to meet flintoid in person one day. I will always imagine him as looking like the bassist from Metalocalypse.

Because crotchety old man.

Obviously.

"SO some other NES'er and I had a disagreement about a post. This guy left me three negative rep. points..."
I love rep points and how they can really get on peoples nerves. He knew how to push buttons so it was always good reading!

Last edited:
I remember when I first joined NES flintoid reamed me out so hard over something lol. At first I was butthurt but it quickly faded to pride. It was an honor to get beatdown by that dude haha.

It's even funnier when you are drunk and hitting a rifle with a hammer.

Surely, I'm not the only one here that will read a thread just because it's locked right?

Or read the last post(s) of somebody that has been banned, right?

Yeah or Nay?

I still couldn't figure out why Nottom JWP were banned.

Must have been a culmination of warnings more than just one post.

Last edited:

kinda felt the same way with scriv.

- - - Updated - - -

I still couldn't figure out why Nottom was banned.

Must have been a culmination of warning more than just one post.

too many selfies

One time flintoid posted an opinion that was very similar to mine that I had posted several posts earlier. I quoted mine and flintoids previous post and wrote something like, "Just for the record, flintoid agrees with me."

It's my claim to fame.

How about Steve Case who changed his name to Gun Grey and Hiltonizer..

kinda felt the same way with scriv.

- - - Updated - - -

too many selfies

Was ntom perm banned do you know? He provided quite a bit of useful input on stuff when he wasn't going overboard.

It sucks losing good members when they say stupid stuff. I've had one vacation and it was me being a dick, but I've learned from it and generally try not to be too aggressive in my arguments.

The big thing is keeping from directly insulting/harassing/threatening other members. That's the number one reason people get a vacation or perm banned. You can argue a point all day but once you start getting into name calling and childish stuff it's a quick ride to ban town.

It takes quite a lot to get banned. Nobody is banned without warnings, if you choose to repeatedly post like an A-Hole you'll no longer be posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom