Long Range Deer Shooting.... Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martlet

You obviously don't know, that many states don't.... your point????

Who said anything about laws? You said ethics.
who said these were LAWS? When I said in the Midwest LAWS may be different, I meant written and oral. maybe I should have said RULES.

Where in my posts did you sumise that I don't know anything about hunting? Why are you trying to make this personal? I have an Opinion as does most everyone here and if you don't agree with me fine, debate me, but please don't get personel and use assumptions. i am trying to keep respect for everyone who post with reference to me, I ask for the saem back.

Having ETHICS in hunting is ANTI-GUN or sounds like ANTI GUN Crowd, how is that? My WHYs have plenty to do with what you wrote and that is why I wrote them and your answers are? ETHICS, I thought so....

I Do NOT know of a SINGLE NORTHERN STATE and the state in the Video was a NORTHERN STATE that allows BAITING DEER or BEARS or hunting with CROSSBOWS unless you are handicap, please correct me and give me a NORTHERN state name.

Because YOU don't agree with it, you want it legislated so NOBODY can do it. That isn't ethics. It's idiocy.

You need to help me here, maybe I am too much of an idiot but where did I say I wanted it to be LEGISLATED? Deer are a managed species and my money goes into Deer Management and therefore I am entitled to an opinion. I see alot of OUT-OF-STATE hunters that come up here to hunt and don't Close gates behind them, get DRUNK in camp and then GO HUNTING, do DRIVES, Road Hunt and boost about gut shooting a Deer and don't go after it. I know of guys who sell some of these OUT-OF-Staters Deer for $1000 so they can stay in camp and get drunk and have a Deer to show their wife and be able to come up the next year. I have been robbed of my Deer at Gun point and have been shot at in the Woods, I have been looked at through a Rifle Scope and beleived while being looked at the guy had his finger on the trigger. I have watched people SOUND SHOOT and that is why I gave up Hunting. Yeah! ETHICS or the lack of has ruined a sport for future generations. Farmers have posted their land because Cows and Horses have been shot, fences torn down and gates left open. What ETHICs do you accept and which ones do you not?
I am not anit-gun I have nothing AGAINST his gun or his SCOPE I have everything against his method. I am, as I said, Against the fact he is using Benches and chairs and bench rests etc. He thinks he is at the Range, so let him go to the Range.

Most Duck hunters or Geese Hunters will ONLY shoot over water and not shoot a bird nesting in the fields, no LAW against it, Hunters with any type of Pride don't do it, at least the ones I know don't.
Am I a BIG Hunter, NO! I have hunted in Vermont since the 60s and lost the love for it as I saw more and more so-called unethical hunters take to the woods. I hunted Deer, Bear, Bobcat, I still Bird Hunt and have been shot twice bird hunting.
Sorry, my opinion still stands, that guy is unethical in his METHOD of BUTHERING DEER. Maybe he chose that way, cause he didn't have any skills to get closer and really hunt.

Martlet

who said these were LAWS? When I said in the Midwest LAWS may be different, I meant written and oral. maybe I should have said RULES.

Where in my posts did you sumise that I don't know anything about hunting? Why are you trying to make this personal? I have an Opinion as does most everyone here and if you don't agree with me fine, debate me, but please don't get personel and use assumptions. i am trying to keep respect for everyone who post with reference to me, I ask for the saem back.

Having ETHICS in hunting is ANTI-GUN or sounds like ANTI GUN Crowd, how is that? My WHYs have plenty to do with what you wrote and that is why I wrote them and your answers are? ETHICS, I thought so....

I Do NOT know of a SINGLE NORTHERN STATE and the state in the Video was a NORTHERN STATE that allows BAITING DEER or BEARS or hunting with CROSSBOWS unless you are handicap, please correct me and give me a NORTHERN state name.

You need to help me here, maybe I am too much of an idiot but where did I say I wanted it to be LEGISLATED? Deer are a managed species and my money goes into Deer Management and therefore I am entitled to an opinion. I see alot of OUT-OF-STATE hunters that come up here to hunt and don't Close gates behind them, get DRUNK in camp and then GO HUNTING, do DRIVES, Road Hunt and boost about gut shooting a Deer and don't go after it. I know of guys who sell some of these OUT-OF-Staters Deer for $1000 so they can stay in camp and get drunk and have a Deer to show their wife and be able to come up the next year. I have been robbed of my Deer at Gun point and have been shot at in the Woods, I have been looked at through a Rifle Scope and beleived while being looked at the guy had his finger on the trigger. I have watched people SOUND SHOOT and that is why I gave up Hunting. Yeah! ETHICS or the lack of has ruined a sport for future generations. Farmers have posted their land because Cows and Horses have been shot, fences torn down and gates left open. What ETHICs do you accept and which ones do you not?
I am not anit-gun I have nothing AGAINST his gun or his SCOPE I have everything against his method. I am, as I said, Against the fact he is using Benches and chairs and bench rests etc. He thinks he is at the Range, so let him go to the Range.

Most Duck hunters or Geese Hunters will ONLY shoot over water and not shoot a bird nesting in the fields, no LAW against it, Hunters with any type of Pride don't do it, at least the ones I know don't.
Am I a BIG Hunter, NO! I have hunted in Vermont since the 60s and lost the love for it as I saw more and more so-called unethical hunters take to the woods. I hunted Deer, Bear, Bobcat, I still Bird Hunt and have been shot twice bird hunting.
Sorry, my opinion still stands, that guy is unethical in his METHOD of BUTHERING DEER. Maybe he chose that way, cause he didn't have any skills to get closer and really hunt.

The experiences you have described here are not at all what we saw in the video. Yet you lump these guys in with the renegades you witnessed in your home state. doesn't make any sense to me because you have a bad experience hunting that you dismiss a more progressive form of hunting as unethical....

The guys in this video in no depict the boobs you described as having targeted you and shot at you. I have not seen that carelessness in thia video.

Wow, my thread seems to have gone off topic. I was hoping to have a discussion on whether taking a shot from this distance with so much equipment is a problem due to the difficulty of tracking wounded animals.

Also, I hate to see that anyone who thinks that a hunter or shooter is doing something wrong is called "anti-hunting" or "anti-gun." That is crazy. Just because we are all gun-owners doesn't mean that we need to have no opinions or turn a blind eye to what other gun-owners are doing. The actions of others do effect us, so damn right we are going to have opinions and we SHOULD have opinions. It is up to us to keep fellow shooters in line, lest we all reap the consequences.

Wow, my thread seems to have gone off topic. I was hoping to have a discussion on whether taking a shot from this distance with so much equipment is a problem due to the difficulty of tracking wounded animals.

Also, I hate to see that anyone who thinks that a hunter or shooter is doing something wrong is called "anti-hunting" or "anti-gun." That is crazy. Just because we are all gun-owners doesn't mean that we need to have no opinions or turn a blind eye to what other gun-owners are doing. The actions of others do effect us, so damn right we are going to have opinions and we SHOULD have opinions. It is up to us to keep fellow shooters in line, lest we all reap the consequences.

Well, even though it went off a bit I think it was a darn good thread!!!!!

The first one I looked at, NH, says this:

OTHER
Baiting: Starting in 2006, all individual hunters will be
limited to a maximum of 2 bait sites and licensed guides to a
maximum of 6 bait sites. Hunters can operate 2 bait sites early
in the baiting season for bear (in areas where 2 baits are
allowed), and then 2 different bait sites for deer or coyote,
provided all the necessary forms are filed with the local Conservation
Officer and no more than 2 sites are active at any time.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Hunting/Hunting_PDFs/Hunting_Digest_2006_07.pdf

I believe there are a lot of others....

... I see alot of OUT-OF-STATE hunters that come up here to hunt and don't Close gates behind them, get DRUNK in camp and then GO HUNTING, do DRIVES, Road Hunt and boost about gut shooting a Deer and don't go after it. I know of guys who sell some of these OUT-OF-Staters Deer for $1000 so they can stay in camp and get drunk and have a Deer to show their wife and be able to come up the next year. I have been robbed of my Deer at Gun point and have been shot at in the Woods, I have been looked at through a Rifle Scope and beleived while being looked at the guy had his finger on the trigger. I have watched people SOUND SHOOT and that is why I gave up Hunting. Yeah! ETHICS or the lack of has ruined a sport for future generations. Farmers have posted their land because Cows and Horses have been shot, fences torn down and gates left open. What ETHICs do you accept and which ones do you not?

I don't see how this is relevant to the hunting in the video.

Crossbow Hunting License

To be eligible to purchase a crossbow hunting license, the customer must hold a valid license to hunt big game (either a Big Game Hunting License or an Archery License).

Customers must submit proof of having successfully completed an archery hunting education course and a crossbow hunting course or satisfactory evidence of having previously held adult archery and crossbow hunting licenses in this State or any other state, province or country in any year after 1979. When proof or evidence cannot be provided, the applicant may substitute a signed affidavit.

From Maine Department of Inland Fisheries & Wildlife
http://www.maine.gov/ifw/licreg/hunting.htm

LenS, Can We Put a Ban on EXCESS Capital Letters?

Doing so would aid readiblity, reduce blood pressure, and greatly reduce the flames.

Last edited:
Martlet

That your picture you painted with a broad brush in an attempt to support your position didn't fit your generalizations at all.

Now I don't have the slightest idea what your point even is. You presented a list of situations that you claim people don't, or can't, do. I showed your statement was false.

Where in my posts did you sumise that I don't know anything about hunting?

See above. You presented a list of things that people don't, or can't, do. Your list was false.

Why are you trying to make this personal? I have an Opinion as does most everyone here and if you don't agree with me fine, debate me, but please don't get personel and use assumptions. i am trying to keep respect for everyone who post with reference to me, I ask for the saem back.

Because it IS personal. Just as Zumbo's statements were personal. If this was your opinion, and you chose not to do it, I'd have no problem with that. That isn't the case, though. You don't want to do it, so you think nobody else should be able to either.

I'm sorry. I forgot you were the end all for determining ethics. I'll try to make sure everyone else's ethics match yours in the future.

Maine allows baiting bear and hunting with crossbows. PA allows baiting deer.

I didn't say you were anti-gun. I said your arguments were from the anti-gun pool. You don't agree with it, so nobody else should be allowed to do it.

Sorry. Field hunting is quite common. I don't know any variety of geese that nest in fields, though. There also aren't many varieties you can hunt in the spring. Specifically because that's when they nest. Most spring seasons, snow geese for example, are long before their nesting season. Are you sure you're a goose hunter?

yeah. No skills. Send me the video when you successfully hit something at 890 yards.

Martlet

You will never know my skills and thus far I have not seen you post any of yours.
I hunt and have always hunted with Respect for the animal and for other Hunters, it seems to me, you do not.
I made my OPINION quite clear and have given support to my opinion and you have chosen to name call and insult. I think you need to grow up a lot more and personally, I would not want to be on a Range with you, you show a tremendous lack of Respect for the sport of shooting and for the sport of hunting. You stay down there and hunt and please don't come up here, we have enough UNETHICAL people in the woods with guns already.
The first thing you must learn if you are to own and use a firearm is RESPECT.
You have had a terrible time trying to understand what I wrote and I am not going t waste any more time with you. I would suggest go back and reread my posts and maybe you will come to understand we are all entitled to an opinion but no one is entitled to start accusing and throwing insults.
Shooting at 890 yards, I have shot at 1000 meters. FYI a meter is a little longer than a yard. and I have hit my target, many times.....I assure you that video was not even 600 yards and I don't care what the audio said.. and with a Bench and a bench rest,and scopes, my 15 year old daughter could do what they did. Nothing fancy about their shots at all. To someone who knows little about shooting, maybe it was a super deal.

Good day
GOOD DAY

Martlet

You will never know my skills and thus far I have not seen you post any of yours.
I hunt and have always hunted with Respect for the animal and for other Hunters, it seems to me, you do not.
I made my OPINION quite clear and have given support to my opinion and you have chosen to name call and insult. I think you need to grow up a lot more and personally, I would not want to be on a Range with you, you show a tremendous lack of Respect for the sport of shooting and for the sport of hunting. You stay down there and hunt and please don't come up here, we have enough UNETHICAL people in the woods with guns already.
The first thing you must learn if you are to own and use a firearm is RESPECT.
You have had a terrible time trying to understand what I wrote and I am not going t waste any more time with you. I would suggest go back and reread my posts and maybe you will come to understand we are all entitled to an opinion but no one is entitled to start accusing and throwing insults.
Shooting at 890 yards, I have shot at 1000 meters. FYI a meter is a little longer than a yard. and I have hit my target, many times.....I assure you that video was not even 600 yards and I don't care what the audio said.. and with a Bench and a bench rest,and scopes, my 15 year old daughter could do what they did. Nothing fancy about their shots at all. To someone who knows little about shooting, maybe it was a super deal.

Good day
GOOD DAY

I have no skills. I can barely shoot. I'm surprised they even let me on the range. You got me. I suck.

That being said, at least I didn't make an asinine statement, then back it up with a list of inaccurate "facts".

Thankfully, I have incredible sharpshooters like yourself to put an ignorant shooter/hunter like myself in my place.

In the meantime, if anyone would like to show me how to load a gun while we discuss the bear baiting and crossbow laws that don't exist in Maine, I still have a membership to MRA. I'm always up for a lesson in marksmanship.

From reading your post, I'd say you don't know that much about hunting. In fact, you fall into the same pool as most of the anti-gun crowd. Why? They use the same reasoning that you do. YOU don't think it's right, so there should be a law against. YOU think it's unethical so nobody should do it.

Perhaps you should call Cabela's and tell them to stop selling goose decoys that nobody uses because they don't shoot geese in fields.

+1

Wingwiper, I misread you badly.

Living nine years in Kansas, and hunting most of those for deer, waterfowl, and upland game, I can tell you for a fact that your world view of what is both legal and/or ethical is pretty limited.

In fact, some of your assertions about baiting and about field hunting for waterfowl would get your ass kicked out of any hunting camp or party that I belonged to in Kansas.

You do not know shit from shinola about waterfowling.

field_blinds_l.jpg

goose_78.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, even though it went off a bit I think it was a darn good thread!!!!!---sksguns
I thought some of the posts were well thought out, presented accurate information and in general were excellent, Martlet’s posts for instance.

Other posts were borderline LUDICROUS, they lacked all but basic REASONING, were full of INACCURACIES and showed a lack of KNOWLEDGE of hunting customs and laws.

Still I enjoyed the thread and feel for those who have been beating there heads against a wall. I hope you’ve learned, as I have, that some are impervious to reason.

Respectfully,

jkelly

I'll tell you, when people are passionate about a cause they really belive in emotions can run high. I'm all for regualtions and laws but within reason. I'm not for very many restrictions and as long as things are done safely I have no issue with it. Common sense and control of ones emotions is the key. Anyone can get caught up in the moment when they sight a deer and if you keep your head and always think safety first there should be no issues.

The guys in the video took some long shots. Benched or not I was impressed (I know that doesn't mean much).

I thought they were controlled and seemingly safe from what I watched.

Some of the posts of personal experiences are nice too because it helps those of us who don't hunt get a better persepctive on the sport. For me it made me appreciate those shots even more.

Technology gives all of us an advantage to what we do whether it be shooting targets or fishing or playing golf or hunting. Someo of us take advantage of the newer tehcnolgy and some don't.

But those that decide not to take advantage should not condem those who do for even those black powder shooters have a greater advantage over a vintage black powder gun. Thecnology has advanced that too....

So very few if any of us out here have not taken advantage of advances in firearm or other technologies to give us the advantage.

Is this extreme? Maybe. But so are today's firearms as compared to yesterday's.

Technology gives all of us an advantage to what we do whether it be shooting targets or fishing or playing golf or hunting. Someo of us take advantage of the newer tehcnolgy and some don't.

But those that decide not to take advantage should not condem those who do for even those black powder shooters have a greater advantage over a vintage black powder gun. Thecnology has advanced that too....

So very few if any of us out here have not taken advantage of advances in firearm or other technologies to give us the advantage.

Is this extreme? Maybe. But so are today's firearms as compared to yesterday's.

+1

A very nice summation.

JOSE

Kansas ain't Vermont, we have Lakes and ponds etc. In areas where birds migrate and there is NO WATER BODIES per se, it is understandable having modifications to the laws and ethics of taking the game.

Whether you all agree with me or not, is really besides the point, the point was and still is, I feel the video showed total lack of Respect for the Game being shot and it was totally UNETHICAL.
You need to read my post again and you even QUOTED me, I said there was NO LAW AGAINST IT and the HUNTERs I KNOW. I never claimed there was a law, I was pointing out that Hunters will set up a Code of Ethics, these Ethics are taught to the young people and thru Hunter SAFETY COURSES.
No where in any of my posts have I attacked the FIREARM being used or the SCOPE. so people's assertions about me being ANTI-GUN is idiotic to say the least. I have supported fights against Gun Control for several decades and have NEVER stood for Gun Control, so it seems your arguments have no merit.

SKS

I have hunted and hunted for many years and gave it up when the WOODs became UNSAFE from too many people hunting without respect and ethics. I am wondering exactly what you misread so badly about my posts. It is true! I feel in HUNTING a Managed Game there should be some restrictions. I could care less what you use for a Firearm and by the way, those shots were NOT safe shots. Shot one showed buildings in the Buffer zone of the projectile. Other shots showed vegetated concealed areas that could have had, hikers, photgraphers, other hunters etc and shots were still fired. The shot of the Deer being struck in the Upper rear end has an object of some sort to its left and in the tree line. These guys were ego seeking amatuers who found pleasure in having SUPERIOR odds in their favor, in order to shoot a Limited thinking Deer. My heroes.
I would not allow hunting from Helicopters, drives, using nets, corals, or preserves for pleasure seekers. You want to HUNT then HUNT, you want to kill then get a job in a Slaughter House. Hunting should have ethics and for those of you who feel different, maybe you all need to look at what is and is not acceptable to you, for quite possibly you all may be the problems and not the cures. I have not spoken one word about Gun Control and some of you turn a blind eye to having any type of ethics because you feel that restriction is the same as Gun Control, how lame.

You are claiming to be Hunters and yet you accept people who drive the Deer into a waiting funnel. You claim to be hunters and you accept these amatuer thrill seekers sick methods of killing a Deer. OK! you have all heard my views and now I am curious about yours, what limits if any, do you all beleive in? None? wouldbe ok to set the woods on Fire and shoot the Deer as they come running out? if I owned the land? Rediculous? That is exactly what I think about benching and using bench rests to shoot a Deer. If these guys wanted to prove they could do a long range shot, then shoot a bucket of water. The rear end shot to me told me they were doing a lot of guess and who knows where those Deer were struck. If Long Range was not the purpose of the video, and the Hunt was, then where was the Hunt? This was a populated area from what I could see and in my eyes it looked like they were hunting in an area like around Amherst. A couple of those buildings looked Commercial and not rural homes. I am sorry guys, have your fun attacking what you THINK I am saying, but I choose to hunt with people who have a bit of PRIDE and that Pride comes from having certain ethics. Do you have ethics in driving? ethics in in raising a family? ethics at work? do you all have ethics at any time? then what is so abnormal about having some ethics and respect in your hunting if you call benching hunting. Even Harden Crimonals have a degree of ethics, put a child killer in prison with any type of criminal and they have a short life span, but in hunting there is to be NO ETHICs. I am appalled at some of your responses and feel many of you are the ones I did describe in my previous posts and I would not chose to be a hunting partner with. Sorry, No Gun Control but I fully support Ethics in hunting and respect for each other and for the game. Hunting is not suppose to be like a shooting gallery, go to the arcade for that, hunting is not about having a Target, have respect and if you want targets go to the range. Hunting is about taking a life and there should be a reason for doing it. You all can not accept me that is fine, I don't have to hunt with you and I know who I hunt with..

Good day and thanks for the respect, it shows the character of the people doing the judging.

Check out these ETHIC HUNTING sites with sponsors such as Remington, Nossler, Ducks Unlimited, Thompson Center, Mossey Creek, Leopold.

http://www.huntfairchase.com/
http://www.ucalgary.ca/~powlesla/personal/hunting/text/index.html
http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpages/staticpage_detail.aspx?id=135
http://www.huntfairchase.com/docs/7aa88a58.pdf
http://www.boone-crockett.org/huntingEthics/ethics_overview.asp?area=huntingEthics
http://www.msdeer.com/larry_castle_05.html
http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/fwt/back_issues/march98/sharpe.html

Last edited:
Ok! someone showed me that Baiting has JUST become legal in NH but guess what? RESTRICTIONS, so you argue against restrictions and yet here are some.... I rest my case.
"Baiting: It is unlawful to bait for game or furbearing animals from
April 15 through Aug. 31; bait for game or furbearing animals,
including deer and bear, without written landowner permission and a
topographical map marking the bait site filed with a conservation
officer. Individuals are restricted to no more than 2 bait sites; registered
guides shall have no more than 6 bait sites. A list of Fish and
Game office addresses can be found on page 2."

Folks

Please go to the first web site and take the time to read, I may not be any good at explaining myself and from the responses here, well that is proof, so please read at least the First website. Highly sponsored by names you all know and trust.
jhere is an insert
Since hunting ethics are a personal code of conduct self-imposed by hunters, there is diversity in how these ethics are expressed. Hunting practices, which are legal and customary in one state or province, may not be so in other areas. Within the bounds of legality there may exist hunting practices which some consider as unethical when measured against their own personal code.

Wish you would have quoted that to start wingwiper as your previous posts went on and on with this summary being your best attempt of making a valid point.

-Hunting is about taking a life and there should be a reason for doing it. /march98/sharpe.html[/url]

Hunting is about taking a life and there should be a reason for doing it.

What's the reason for hunting?
Do you need to do it to put food on your table?
Is it all ego?
Do you feel a NEED to kill something?
Does that make you the big man on campus because you shot an unarmed and defenseless animal?

The only need to hunt today is for wildlife management. Otherwise you have absolutely no need to kill an animal. Technology has seen to that. You want meat, go to the super market and buy it. It's all butchered and prepacked for you.

Maybe there are jerks out in the woods with you and if so that's fine. There are laws and LEO's that will deal with them.

But don't get on your high horse and say what is ethical or not when it comes to shooting and killing a deer. Just because you sneak up and ambush it doesn't make you any better or worse than anyone else using another method.

If you don't agree with that method then I suggest you continue using your own and I wish you much success with it.

But your only need or want or desire to kill a deer or any other animal is beacause you like to kill. Don't tell me in one breath you respect the animal and in the next your lobbing a 30 30 round through it's head. If you respected wild life you wouldn't shoot it.

Do you really think a deer or a duck or a bear thinks you respect it when you blow it's brains out? Do you think it really gives a $hit how close or how far you are from it when you shoot? Dead is dead from 30 meter or 300 meters.

The only need to hunt today is for wildlife management. Otherwise you have absolutely no need to kill an animal.

[shocked] [shocked] [shocked]

What?!?!?!?!?!

I didn't know you could go to Shaws and pick up a fresh Pheasant or Grouse.

That was a pretty bold and over the top statement. What about family tradition and taking your son out to shoot his first duck or teaching him about wildlife conservation? I guess I'm just a cold blooded killer because I don't hunt for wildlife management. I hunt because the shit tastes good and I have a blast doing it.

JOSE

Kansas ain't Vermont, we have Lakes and ponds etc. In areas where birds migrate and there is NO WATER BODIES per se, it is understandable having modifications to the laws and ethics of taking the game.

Please. Stop showing your ignorance.

The Cheyenne Bottoms marsh state wildlife area in central Kansas dwarfs many lakes in Vermont and is one of the most heavily used migration stops along the Central Flyway.

Kansas is also chock full of USACE impound lakes that all measure several thousand acres in area. Some reach the 10K acre mark. All those lakes, to some degree or another, provide waterfowling the way YOU think it should be done.

To even suggest that field hunting is allowed in Kansas because the state lacks water resources is a sure sign that you are completely ignorant of the state's hydrology and have not bothered to perform even the most basic internet reasearch that would have educated you.

There isn't ONE state in the nation or ONE single province of Canada where field hunting for waterfowl is a) illegal, b) considered unethical, or c) looked down upon by hunters.

You are simply out of your league discussing waterfowling. The more you discuss it, the more painfully obvious it is that you consider nothing outside your apparently extremely limited experience.

Jose

No high Horse.

Wildlife Management is to ensure we have the Wildlife and habitant to be able to hunt in future generations. Hunting is a by product of successful Wildlife Management not Wildlife Management.
Anyone here from Wisconsin? how about Waterfowl ethics in Wisconsin? or Minnesota? do they promote hunting in Fields?
Vermont, it is considered UNETHICAL to shoot a Waterfowl on land.
Let's drop the pissing contest and do me a favor, take the time and go to some of the websites I posted and read, at least go to the First one and spend a little time there.
There are many of me, out there on so-called High Horses, it is those HIGH Horses that will ensure that the Sport of Hunting will be here tomorrow.
It use to be Normal to drive around with a dead deer on your car, now a days, unacceptable... why? Put a car with a dead deer on the roof behind a school bus, loaded with kids whose parents are looking for every reason imaginable to end hunting or behind a Bus filled with Tourists, Leaf Peepers and the result? You just added fuel to an already out of control fire. You want to keep your Guns and enjoy the sport, then use your heads and promote Hunting Ethics, otherwise you are helping to destroy the very thing you are trying to defend.

SKS

I don't WASTE life or kill for the fun of it. I respect Wildlife and I kill it QUICKLY and CLEANLY and I eat what I kill. I learned to be a Good Shot because of my desire to kill swiftly. Gut shots with today's gear is unacceptable, you should know how to shoot a well placed round prior to going into the woods and if you can't get a good clean shot, have the ETHICs to pass it up.

Last edited:
Actually, many of the folks I hunt waterfowl with consider water to be a geese resting place and believe it unethical to hunt them over water.

I believe the VAST majority of goose hunting is done in fields, regardless of location.

Wingwiper, I admire your passion and conviction, but some of the things you present as facts are very, very wrong.

Good discussion![grin]

Wingwiper, stop lecturing me and everyone else about hunting ethics.

We have established that you know nothing about waterfowling. It must follow that you nothing about waterfowling ethics.

More evidence that you know nothing about waterfowling, even in Vermont:

http://www.frontierguideservice.com/whatweoffer.html

13_s.jpg

56_s.jpg

You want to keep your Guns and enjoy the sport, then use your heads and promote Hunting Ethics, otherwise you are helping to destroy the very thing you are trying to defend.

Gun rights have nothing to do with hunting. If you don't believe me, ask Jim Zumbo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom