Long Range Deer Shooting.... Hmmm...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martlett
I have condemn no one except that video.

So if they hadn't taped it you'd be ok? Why did you post a list of things that ethical hunters don't do (a list proven to be false) if you don't condemn them? You think they're unethical, but think people should be allowed to do them anyway?

Martlett

So if they hadn't taped it you'd be ok? Why did you post a list of things that ethical hunters don't do (a list proven to be false) if you don't condemn them? You think they're unethical, but think people should be allowed to do them anyway?

Never did any such thing, I gave reasons why land was being posted and made it clear, several times what is ok in one area is not in another. As far as Gate Closings etc, that falls under RESPONSIBILTY which is very much part of ETHICs. If you are refering to something else, I have no clue what you are talking about.

Mercy Killing???? WoW!

This post was closed once and I asked for it to be re opened, because I feel without any doubt that this Topic is one of themost importaant topics we all can discuss. It belongs on these boards and this argument was and is very important. I still feel that way and maybe I did not do a very good job in the Presentation, but the need for this topic to be further discussed, until everyone within our Sports is on the same sheet of music, is EXTREMELY Important. This Topic is and was far more important that most any other thread on these boards, because it affects US, all of us, plain and simple and how we conduct ourselves is goingto be how we are JUDGED...

Judged??? There is nothing to judge. They hunted within the law. Just because you don't agree with the method doesn't mean anything. All your explanation does is give the libtards ammo to put additional restictions on hunting because you think the guys were too far away.

If you can't make the shot don't take it. Thats the ethical thing to do. But don't condem another just because he can. Two of those shots resulted in clean kills. I hear hunting stories every year and at least one a year is somone tracking a wounded animal...so the ethical thing to do is track it down and kill it as quickly an humanely as possible and you are against these hunters because they didn't film that part.

You assumed they just went home after and forgot about the wounded animal. You made a judgement without all the facts. Just like the anti's.

Martlett

PatMcd

Deer hunting is a controlled type of hunting. My License fees and fines pay for the Deer Management etc. We are NOT talking Gopher hunting that have NO BAG LIMIT. What these guys are doing is very unethical and should NOT be allowed when hunting a Managed species, period. The only thing I saw in the Video that showed any compliance with Hunting Guidelines is the ORANGE HAT. Vermont doesn't allow you to shoot within 25 feet of the traveled portion of any roadway. LONG RANGE Deer hunting is not like Priarie Dog hunting in the vast open plains of the U.S., it encourages more powerful firearms and longer range projectiles which rules safety out. Mostly in the envirmoent that Video clearly shows. Deer are a Managed species and there should be certain restrictions and there is, in Vermont unless you are wheelchair bound can NOT hunt with a CROSSBOW why? Deer hunting, because it is a controlled species should ONLY be hunted with what the shooter can carry into the woods. Bear hunting you can not Bait or relay your dogs, WHY? Deer hunting doesn't allow you to put up a SALT LICK Why? WHY? because you are increasing the disadvantages over a Managed Species. Hell! you can't use Cherry Bombs in fishing why? or TNT? or Snarls? or certain types of traps aren't legal, why? ALl has to do with ETHICS and Managed species. You can't just say "Ok! boys you can hunt with anything you want and by any means you want" I do not agree with Zumbo, but he was referring to Semi Auto firearms, if he was refering to Full Auto Firearms, I would have agreed with him because SAFETY and Common Sense would have been absent.
You should not shoot a Duck or a Goose in a field why? There is NO LAW against it, just the majority of Duck and Goose hunters have ethics.
Take away the bench and all of the fancy stuff and I would say, GO FOR IT. Let him keep his RIFLE and SCOPE and even his SPOTTING SCOPE, but the bench and seat? no way... that is over the edge for me. Let him use a stump or anything Natural...... Put the SPORT back in the HUNT.. ANYONE can accomplish what he did, anyone That is not what Hunting is all about and it isn't what I try and teach the yung replacement hunters.

In that very thread you condemned another's method of hunting, said it shouldn't be allowed because YOU don't agree with it, and posted numerous fallacies in support of your argument.

Now you've not only shown yourself to be ignorant of hunting, but a liar as well.

This thread's run it's course. Derek's right. We're all on the same side.

Well. Except for you. You're on our side unless you don't like something. Then you'll call for banning it and lie about it later.

Now you've not only shown yourself to be ignorant of hunting, but a liar as well.---Marlet
Well said!

Respectfully,

jkelly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom