Looking for a club.

The First Circuit opinion actually states it is the in governments interest to have people shoot at circular targets as humanoid targets will make persons more proficient at shooting humans.

Yes, they really said that.
I swear I saw here on NES somewhere a post about how the police were training by shooting at targets or pictures of children. I can't find it now. This is about the closest I could find. Maybe someone else remembers it better.

I'm with the Andover Sportsmen's club and just paid my annual and wish I didn't now. Is there any gun club near Peabody that DOESN'T have restrictions on gun targets? I got an email today that left me scratching my head. How is this a "human" target? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I haven't been there since I joined because of my parents' health situation. I pay on time nevertheless, and now I see this? Can someone explain? I just wanted something that I could see easily, and it doesn't look a person to me. Is there anything near me that's less restrictive?
Harvard Sportsman's club

It's such a shame because I like Andover, they have a nice steel set up for pistols. I've only shot there as a guest. I left Danvers a couple years ago because of the RO policy and was thinking about joining Andover, but this whole business about the targets is giving me second thoughts. Side note, I heard Andover was building a 300 yd range, does anyone know if that's actually going to happen?

It's such a shame because I like Andover, they have a nice steel set up for pistols. I've only shot there as a guest. I left Danvers a couple years ago because of the RO policy and was thinking about joining Andover, but this whole business about the targets is giving me second thoughts. Side note, I heard Andover was building a 300 yd range, does anyone know if that's actually going to happen?
The excavating equipment is on site at Andover right now working the new rifle range. Last I heard it will be 250 yards. Don't get all your panties in a bunch over people shaped targets. The club still has a lot of good points. Still will need to see if they can open an action pistol range next.

Guess the people against the policy can either walk, suck it up, or take over the BoD.
Yeah, pretty much. I cant say its a deal breaker for me tbh. I think the only time I really pay it any mind is when it comes up here every once in a while. Like I said in my other posts, the club is pretty low key imo. Many rules that are a minor annoyance at best that really arent enforced.

WHen I first joined they had a rule, load no more than 5 rounds, (even revolvers) lol. Most loaded whatever they wanted. They upped it to ten rounds. Meh, whatever. Guys loaded a full mag then and a full mag now. No one was looking at each other out of the corner of their eye and counting the rounds. A lot of times Ill bring a sheet of cardboard from work and spray a fist-sized dot in the middle and shoot at that. I dont need to have a silhouette to envision what Im doing. Dont get me wrong, its stupid but not worth the energy to bitch about and not worth adding a half hour or whatever to drive to another club.

Yeah, pretty much. I cant say its a deal breaker for me tbh. I think the only time I really pay it any mind is when it comes up here every once in a while. Like I said in my other posts, the club is pretty low key imo. Many rules that are a minor annoyance at best that really arent enforced.

WHen I first joined they had a rule, load no more than 5 rounds, (even revolvers) lol. Most loaded whatever they wanted. They upped it to ten rounds. Meh, whatever. Guys loaded a full mag then and a full mag now. No one was looking at each other out of the corner of their eye and counting the rounds. A lot of times Ill bring a sheet of cardboard from work and spray a fist-sized dot in the middle and shoot at that. I dont need to have a silhouette to envision what Im doing. Dont get me wrong, its stupid but not worth the energy to bitch about and not worth adding a half hour or whatever to drive to another club.
Free persons can make their own choices. Other persons should respect them.

The only club where every rule meets the standards of every member....has one member. [laugh]

So either someone snitched on your or someone working for the club has alot of time on their hands to review video.

Wow.

The excavating equipment is on site at Andover right now working the new rifle range. Last I heard it will be 250 yards. Don't get all your panties in a bunch over people shaped targets. The club still has a lot of good points. Still will need to see if they can open an action pistol range next.
So would the politburo at Andover consider these "humanoid" targets?

1670334792130.png

Back
Top Bottom