Looking for a club.

I'm with the Andover Sportsmen's club and just paid my annual and wish I didn't now. Is there any gun club near Peabody that DOESN'T have restrictions on gun targets? I got an email today that left me scratching my head. How is this a "human" target? I don't mean to be disrespectful, but I haven't been there since I joined because of my parents' health situation. I pay on time nevertheless, and now I see this? Can someone explain? I just wanted something that I could see easily, and it doesn't look a person to me. Is there anything near me that's less restrictive?
You should draft a legal document and/or file a lawsuit against them. These liberals need to be put into check...

If that's the case then there is a 110% chance this originated from a lawyer and the club doesn't know how to say no to him for whatever reason.
That person must be made an example of. If I was you I would get a lawyer, there could also be volunteer lawyers.. I wish I was one so I could help you fight the communists.

I just left the MRA club in Woburn ( oldest gun club in america) they made it too difficult to pay the dues. Too much effort for me, and I had not gone to the club in 3 years or so. So I decided to not renew after I got a Rude email when I asked about the membership. They simply wouldn't take a check from me.. also the Woburn club is too big, too many members and as much as I really enjoyed the place. I felt uncomfortable a few different times with very sketchy people from various countries around the world hanging out in the clubhouse... one time it was about 15-20 of them.. no english.. and wearing similar outfits and none of them smiled or waived etc... I decided to leave since there was some sort of religious/cultural type thing happening. Not a place I wanted to be.

It's such a shame because I like Andover, they have a nice steel set up for pistols. I've only shot there as a guest. I left Danvers a couple years ago because of the RO policy and was thinking about joining Andover, but this whole business about the targets is giving me second thoughts. Side note, I heard Andover was building a 300 yd range, does anyone know if that's actually going to happen?
See post #49 for the legal basis for this rule.

I just left the MRA club in Woburn ( oldest gun club in america) they made it too difficult to pay the dues. Too much effort for me, and I had not gone to the club in 3 years or so. So I decided to not renew after I got a Rude email when I asked about the membership. They simply wouldn't take a check from me.. also the Woburn club is too big, too many members and as much as I really enjoyed the place. I felt uncomfortable a few different times with very sketchy people from various countries around the world hanging out in the clubhouse... one time it was about 15-20 of them.. no english.. and wearing similar outfits and none of them smiled or waived etc... I decided to leave since there was some sort of religious/cultural type thing happening. Not a place I wanted to be.
That’s odd. I go there about 2 to 3 times a month and have never seen a religious/cultural gathering like the one you mentioned at MRA. The only time I ever had an issue was when a guy trying out his new sig p365 at the indoor range was complaining because 3 of us there were shooting AR’s and they were “too loud” and he left in a huff.

That’s odd. I go there about 2 to 3 times a month and have never seen a religious/cultural gathering like the one you mentioned at MRA. The only time I ever had an issue was when a guy trying out his new sig p365 at the indoor range was complaining because 3 of us there were shooting AR’s and they were “too loud” and he left in a huff.
Yeah, it was only once. It really happened. There's more to that story I chose to not bring up. The creepiest part, they had matching shirts on. None of them looked like they belonged , very out of place. The shirts had strange writing on them, they were occupying the tables near the vending machine

If anyone gave me crap about your original oval target, I’d tell them to pound sand and get out of my face.

My gun club (in NH) is nice enough to always have a stack of targets in the inside range - simply make a donation and take one. It's a great club for many reasons, but too far for you if you live in Peabody.

It’s NH, not MA. Completely legal. No permits required to possess or transport.
No permits, no registration, no license.... ?? Seems too good to be true. Even tho I'm not a resident?

I did apply for and receive some kind of handgun license thing for NH.. even tho I'm in Mass. Someone told me I should do it.. I don't know why, but yeah, I have that too. But I been afraid to leave the state to visit my friends.

Funny story, Mass made me wait like 7 months to get my license in the mail.
NH on the other hand. I applied in the mail on Monday, and the next Monday the license was in the mail.. no joke!

What's the laws about bringing a mass registered Rifle into NH ?
Seeing has your question has been answered
I can only add how much I hate seeing these posts. It really shows how beaten down Mass gun owners have become.☹️

Last edited:
looks like a silhouette to me

NyZwaWQ9QXBp

Simple solution for the Andover board:
  • Give up their Club LTC. I think about the only thing it does is allow the club to loan a Class A gun to a Class B LTC holder (Class A and B no longer existing). If there are other benefits and LTC bring to the club you know of, please post them.

• Rescind the rule.
This smells a lot like "We started doing that and never re-evaluated the decision in light of new facts". The first question the board should have asked is "Do we need a club LTC and if so, why?"

I denounce the club for carving out a LE exception in its policy.
The irony is that MPTC converted from B-27 targets (human design) to the bowling pin/milk bottle targets to be PC after GCA-1998.
Wow, I didn't even notice the first time I saw it that not only are you not allowed to use them but the possession of them is also banned? Holy crap
Possession is legal and only stupid clubs that got a MA Club LTC have to prohibit them. Some clubs ban them due to stupidity, but you can't fix stupid.

Andover is a nice club, I've shot there a few times and still am thinking about joining. This nonsense with the silhouette targets is something I can live with although the principle of it drives me nuts. Most of the shooting I've done there is on steel anyways which is nice. At least they haven't gone full crazy like Danvers with the mandatory range officer BS.

Back
Top Bottom