• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to buy a 45 in a couple months agree with the list?

I've owned a few Taurus, and I always liked them. Actually, new guns I've had better luck with them than S&W, but this is the internet and S&W has the edge here.

I'm more of a Ruger fan tbh, but always laugh at the internet hatred of Taurus.

Older P220 DA/SA or older Colt like a Series 70 or Gold Cup if you don't mind putting wear on the surface.

New don't make it any better.

Carrrrry on. This should last a while.[smile]

I've owned a few Taurus, and I always liked them. Actually, new guns I've had better luck with them than S&W, but this is the internet and S&W has the edge here.

I'm more of a Ruger fan tbh, but always laugh at the internet hatred of Taurus.

I like my guns made in America.

The only thing this thread is missing is a few revo fanboi's jumping around and hollering.

4 choices for .45 carry guns: 320C, 45C, Glock, M&P. They are all good, just pick one. The HK isn't worth a premium over the others though.

Well, unless u r an HK fanboi.

Fall / Winter Carry?

Sig P220C

Just get out to your local shop and handle a few, but be sure the Sig is one of them. Be sure you dry fire the Sig vs. a Glock- vastly different triggers. Glock triggers are like crushing a frog with your bare hands. Squishy until it finally crunches. Don't get me wrong- I carry a G43 for summer and am happy with it.

Yes- I'm biased towards the Sig for Fall / Winter carry, but I tried a lot of different 45's and have a few Glocks and 1911's. With a well made heavy leather IWB holster, the P220C is comfortable to carry and conceals very well.

Did Taurus pay for that list. I mean I could see them making the list themselves and then thinking we can't make ourselves #1 that's too over the top, lets park ourselves at #3.

This is like saying "I'm gonna buy a car, what should I get?" to a roomful with guys who drive sports cars sitting at one table, guys who drive pickmeups at another table, the mom-suvers at another, and the prius-latte-sippers sitting at the counter.

As a couple people have said, the action is a starting point; DAO, striker fired, classic 1911? That will make a huge distinction right there. Then go handle and shoot as many of them as you can until you find what you like.

I have a couple of .45's; mine happen to be 1911s, (2) kimbers and (1) S&W. I had a Glock 21 but just couldn't come to terms with it. Which is kind of funny because I've got (6) Glocks that I shoot regularly, so it's not the fact that it was tupperware, just that particular configuration.

I know all the experts these days prefer 9mm but I still like .45, especially in Mass where if you want 15 rounds of 9mm you pretty much are stuck with the choice of a Glock 19 or a school bus.

Don't know anything about Kimber's SIS, but I owned it's predecessor the TLE. It was a solid gun that never failed. Now I carry a CDP II. The only thing it ever failed to feed was some Critical Defense ammo. It didn't care for the plastic? tip. Feeds HST's & Golden Sabre's just fine. Probably not as heavy as the SIS.

This is like saying "I'm gonna buy a car, what should I get?" to a roomful with guys who drive sports cars sitting at one table, guys who drive pickmeups at another table, the mom-suvers at another, and the prius-latte-sippers sitting at the counter.

As a couple people have said, the action is a starting point; DAO, striker fired, classic 1911? That will make a huge distinction right there. Then go handle and shoot as many of them as you can until you find what you like.

I have a couple of .45's; mine happen to be 1911s, (2) kimbers and (1) S&W. I had a Glock 21 but just couldn't come to terms with it. Which is kind of funny because I've got (6) Glocks that I shoot regularly, so it's not the fact that it was tupperware, just that particular configuration.

i loved most glocks , but i cannot get a grip on the 2x4 grip of the .45/10mm framed glocks as well as i can on a 1911 or glock regular 9mm line so for .45 i went exclusively 1911

All lists are subjective. Go to a range where they rent guns and try them out. The best .45 is the one you shoot best.

With regard to Taurus and agency use: fair amount of use by 3rd World, especially Latin American agencies. Reputation for poor customer service, probably not as bad as people make them out to be with regard to their guns. Speaking from personal experience, some of their revolvers from the first half of the 1980's were better made QC wise that what was being pumped out of Springfield (personal experience here) At one time both Taurus and S&W were part of the Bangor Punta conglomerate and there may or may not have been technology transfer and it may have gone both ways.

I know all the experts these days prefer 9mm but I still like .45, especially in Mass where if you want 15 rounds of 9mm you pretty much are stuck with the choice of a Glock 19 or a school bus.

Agreed. Your pretty much limited to 10 rounds here so why not have 10 rounds of 45.

Other states......yeah a 2 stack 9mm may be the better choice.

Back
Top Bottom