• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking to buy a 45 in a couple months agree with the list?

Ive owned a 220 and have a G21 both very nice but completely different, I actually prefer my G21 the size, weight and capacity is great. My close friend has an HK45, in hand its probably one of the most comfortable full sized pistols I've held, but at a cost of course.

For carry purposes I'd recommend the polymer one you like the best due do weight, best of luck to you

Fall / Winter Carry?

Sig P220C

Just get out to your local shop and handle a few, but be sure the Sig is one of them. Be sure you dry fire the Sig vs. a Glock- vastly different triggers. Glock triggers are like crushing a frog with your bare hands. Squishy until it finally crunches. Don't get me wrong- I carry a G43 for summer and am happy with it.

Yes- I'm biased towards the Sig for Fall / Winter carry, but I tried a lot of different 45's and have a few Glocks and 1911's. With a well made heavy leather IWB holster, the P220C is comfortable to carry and conceals very well.

I am going to write to my regional Glock rep and mention that rather than "perfection", "squeezing a frog in your bare hands until it crushes" is a father better marketing slogan.

Last edited:
I have many .45s by Glock,Sig,Colt and S&W. I carry the Shield.45 because it's reliable, conceals well, holds 8 rounds and is extremely accurate. I'd try to pick something as close as possible to what you carry the rest of the year. If you ever need that gun you'll probably be scared out of your mind and trying to remember a different manual of arms won't be easy. I carry the same gun in the same holster in the same place, year round. Boring is good.

I have a Springfield XDm 45 compact which is nice to carry. It is for sale too if interested. I just don't find myself carrying it too often. I have an XDs which fits me better. But the XDm is a good size carry gun

I have a Ruger SR1911 that I like very much and it won't break the bank. The list you have seems very questionable.

Back
Top Bottom