Looking to get a sub $300 9mm for range shooting only

Didn't know we had this many die hard TAURUS fans out there. Help me understand how they are amazing guns worth having? Better than Perfection and No Compromise?

Hey op, check out my ruger p93, paid 200 bucks 4 it 🤗then i took a bunch of berreta92 mags (promag) cut mag catch in them so it work in the p93. Now both my guns use the same type of mag.this is cheap shooting.dont worry about them guys on here that making fun of ya,they a bunch of cheap f***s anyway, who have nothing else better to do than attacking people.

Attachments

• 20220211_161753.jpg
    20220211_161753.jpg
    357.7 KB · Views: 21
why would something you buy today drop by $75 in 6 months?

this thread makes my head hurt
You really expect someone to pay the same price as a new gun for one that's been previously owned? You'll have about as much luck as the FFL down the street from me who had a used .40 Hi Point in the case for $200 for 3 years.

And this is one reason why I'm leaning more towards getting the Ruger P series as they're all used and they're not going to drop much on the resale.

You really expect someone to pay the same price as a new gun for one that's been previously owned? You'll have about as much luck as the FFL down the street from me who had a used .40 Hi Point in the case for $200 for 3 years.

And this is one reason why I'm leaning more towards getting the Ruger P series as they're all used and they're not going to drop much on the resale.

Honestly you would be insane to flip it later. They fugly but work forever and you won’t care about beating it up.

We’re a great value. Haven’t seen them priced that well lately :(
when they first hit the market...man, they were dirt cheap. and i don't use the term "dirt" lightly. my big brain put 2+2 together and blew them off thinking the price point equaled their quality. i was wrong. it was a shrewd marketing ploy to get the brand into the market. wish i bought a couple at the time i'm thinking in hind sight.

Why do you say that? Because of the fire? It was limited to one dealer room only. Being repaired. He is still operating from another room. Biz. as usual at the Mill. Jack.

‘‘Twas an off color joke Jack… in hindsight probably in bad taste. My apologies

I'd like to know if the people shitting all over Taurus have ever actually owned one or are they internet warriors who heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard from someone who heard it from someone?

I'd like to know if the people shitting all over Taurus have ever actually owned one or are they internet warriors who heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard from someone who heard it from someone?
I have a Taurus Raging Bull in 454. I think it is a very fine weapon. Is Colt or S&W better? Yes, but the Taurus is still a good weapon.

Some of us sold their products for years so we kind of, you know have an understanding of the type of shit that we're selling..... 🤣 a few of their guns (g3, g3c etc) are actually halfway decent but this still definitely some turds in the lineup but it's kind of funny these days because companies like S&W have fallen so much in their quality control the Taurus is like "see we're not that much worse than they are" 🤣

I've owned 3. Which was 3 too many. If a more shitty gun was ever made I'd be surprised.
All 3 made multiple trips back to TauASS for repairs before I finally scrapped them.
I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Don't buy cheap bargain basement parachutes, scuba gear, ladders, or guns.
If you can't afford a decent well-made gun from a respected manufacturer, then you can't afford a gun.

Problem is that the respected manufacturers aren't as good as they used to be, but are asking sky high prices for the brand name alone, not any inherent quality. I don't get why when people see the price they automatically assume the higher priced brand is automatically better, I mean, for HK I would say they actually do deliver the quality, as does Glock because they've been making the same thing for 40 years.

I've not been all that interested in Taurus autos, only the 92 and the Gx4, and those have been good for the money. What I can speak to is the revolvers and when I look at the price for the Taurus revolvers and compare them to Smiths and Ruger's at double the price, you're not paying for quality, you're paying for higher overhead costs of US manufacturing because of the time it takes to make revolvers. That and what seems to be a better customer service experience, however I've no personal experience with any of their CS.

$450 for a 7 shot Taurus .357 vs over a grand for a similar Ruger, if you can even find one. It appears that Ruger is in such dire straights with their revolver lines they've simply stopped making them until they can find employees willing and able to make them correctly for $12/hr.

I'll stick with the Taurus for all the wheelgun wants and needs. Now if only they'd make a 7 shot 10mm and a Judge with adjustable sights and a spare .45 Colt only cylinder...

Last edited:
LOL, 2 years later and you are still waiting on the gun to go down in price?

Dude, live life, spend the $100 or $200 and enjoy it while you still can.
I got it 2 yrs ago.

However, I've been waiting for the 692 for a while and you're right, it's time to be done waiting. Next month when the weather warms up it's getting ordered. Gotta get my 9mm wheelgun fix

I got it 2 yrs ago.

However, I've been waiting for the 692 for a while and you're right, it's time to be done waiting. Next month when the weather warms up it's getting ordered. Gotta get my 9mm wheelgun fix
Good.

I will whole heartedly acknowledge that Taurus made some shitty guns but as of late what they have been producing seems much better quality wise. Now my $900 dollar S&W 640 that failed after 300ish rounds put a very bad taste in my mouth. I had to send back both my SP101 Rugers, the 22 had to be replaced as the barrel was cockeyed in the frame.

I hate hi-points, they are ugly and heavy. My sig has a quote on hi-points.

That being said, watch the Demolition Ranch Hi-Point torture video. Those things are pretty well built (from a "don't blow your hands up" point of view).

I know @CrackPot is a big fan of hi-Points.

I don't like admitting it, but I do own a hi-point. It is for a project and I didnt want to ruin a nice gun. I was supposed to do it earlier in 2021 but got delayed.
Blew mine up for whatever that's worth.🫡

I bought a Hi Point, not because I couldn't afford better but because I wanted a .45 as I didn't have an autoloader in the caliber and because I wanted to own a Hi Point so I could spend more time with it to form my own opinion on them.

I don't care much for the 9mm (or the .380 for that matter) Hi Point, but it serves a need for a sub $150 pistol, but when a $200 Taurus exists those are far better in terms of practical use. Yeah, the Hi Point will run forever without issue, but the trigger and weight of them make them poor carry pistols. Obviously the Hi Point is built with home defense in mind.

The best caliber for the Hi Point is the .45.

Back
Top Bottom