• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lost wallet & LTC

I had one of those biker wallets in high school, wore it every day with a matching Buck 110 in a leather case! Times sure have changed...,
I’ve had a pocket knife on me EVERY DAY since my Boy Scout days in the mid 70’s, including every day of my High School days. Imagine the 24-7 news coverage if that happened today!!! Recently at work I whipped out my little Gerber to cut some packing tape on a package and my 21 year old coworker asked who I needed to carry a weapon!

I had one of those biker wallets in high school, wore it every day with a matching Buck 110 in a leather case! Times sure have changed...,
I’ve had a pocket knife on me EVERY DAY since my Boy Scout days in the mid 70’s, including every day of my High School days. Imagine the 24-7 news coverage if that happened today!!! Recently at work I whipped out my little Gerber to cut some packing tape on a package and my 21 year old coworker asked who I needed to carry a weapon!

Funny enough a contact for PSNH called the other day and a customer I had visited August had my wallet, dropped it in their attic while doing an inspection.

Best part is the customer went through my wallet back in August and called the utilities instead of me! My business cards are still in it.

And the local PD dropped my replacement license off at my house in mid February.

I never carry a wallet. Jack.
Gun-That-Looks-Like-A-Cell-Phone.jpg

What would that accomplish?
I don't know about reporting the lost LTC to the police.

I would check with the police to see if they found the wallet though.

On two occasions, when I found wallets, I took them to the police.

When I followed up a day later, they had been picked up by the owner.

Never lose your wallet again!

No! They haven't changed...we have!
Embrace the "No shitz given" attitude of your youth and stay Perpetually Young!

I legitimately miss not being able to keep my wallet on a chain. I think I stopped doing that when I worked in manufacturing and it would've been a safety hazard. Then the leather on the (cheap) wallet wore out and just stopped existing near the ring that held the chain.

I don't know about reporting the lost LTC to the police.

I would check with the police to see if they found the wallet though.

On two occasions, when I found wallets, I took them to the police.

When I followed up a day later, they had been picked up by the owner.
Once biking around Pepperell we came upon a gen-u-wine Mass. dealer plate
with mega-magnets jury-rigged to the back. (Frayed duct tape covering the
surface of the magnet to prevent scratches).
It had detached from some car the dealer was tooling around in.

PPD was nearby, so I brought it in.

The desk sergeant's reaction was,
"We wondered when that was coming in -
the dealer just told us he lost it
and didn't see it when he retraced his route".

I lost my wallet when my canoe tipped on the merrimack river. Nothing important in it so I just went and got a duplicate license and forgot about it. About 3 years later I walk into the house and my mom asked what the hell did you do? The haverhill police called and wants you to come to the station! I think I was 17 or so when I lost it. I knew I didn't do anything so I walk into the lobby, the cop at the desk says hey Ed, come on over here. Oh shit! How does this cop know my name? He points at my wallet on the table and says get this out of here, it stinks. Turns out some fishermen found it and wanted to make sure they didn't find something belonging to a missing person. Everything still in it including about 15 bucks.

My LTC was destroyed in an accident and I have not been able to get a replacement from my local PD. Their website says to call and leave a message which I have done once a week for 10 months. I went their to speak to someone and they told me there was a form online that I cannot find. He also took my info and said he would look into it for me, that was 4 days ago. Hoping he comes though. Does anyone know of this online for the New Bedford Police department.

Police "Nobody likes are respects us... [crying]

Also the police
My LTC was destroyed in an accident and I have not been able to get a replacement from my local PD. Their website says to call and leave a message which I have done once a week for 10 months. I went their to speak to someone and they told me there was a form online that I cannot find. He also took my info and said he would look into it for me, that was 4 days ago. Hoping he comes though. Does anyone know of this online for the New Bedford Police department.

The replacement must be requested by the issuing PD and is free. Even if you fill out a form, the FRB will not process a request directly submitted by the license holder.

Damn, that is some otherworld cockblocking right there by your PD. I don’t think that guy is “coming through” for anything.

Man your local PD really sucks. My pd got me in like 4 days after I lost it but still took forever to get the replacement….. As Len suggested. I’d start going above their heads with the local gov and start applying pressure politely (not that you should have too!)

Last edited:
The replacement must be requested by the issuing PD and is free. Even if you fill out a form, the FRB will not process a request directly submitted by the license holder.
That’s what I thought. Someone in a thread I posted this morning looking for help told me to contact FRB directly but I’m pretty confident that won’t get me anywhere. I’m going to the PD headquarters again today after work. They told me I’m in the system and should be good but that doesn’t help me buy a new Sig I’m eying.

I’m going to start just going there after work and talk to the officer. He seemed nice about it and maybe he’s just new and didn’t know how this all works but if that gets me nowhere I will contact my selectmen next.
he's not new. unless he means the order has been placed for the new card, he's being intentionally obtuse.

as you note, "you're in the system" does nothing for anyone in any of the many circumstances when you might need to present the physical artifact.

Back
Top Bottom