• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lowell, MA - Man rushed to hospital after accidentally shooting himself in the head

commodon

NES Member
A man mistakenly shot himself in the head while sitting in a car Friday afternoon, according to investigators.

Lowell Police say they responded to the 300 block of Pawtucket Boulevard shortly after noon for a man with a gunshot wound to the head. They found the man sitting in the passenger seat of a car suffering from serious injuries.

The man was transported via MedFlight to a Boston area hospital. Authorities say the gun unintentionally discharged and the man shot himself by accident.

His condition is currently unknown at this time. The incident is being investigated by the Lowell Police Department and the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office. No further information was made available.

See Man rushed to hospital after accidentally shooting himself in the head

Last edited:
Ehhhh Florida June 2017

Cedrick Jelks, 38, was taken to Memorial Hospital by 25-year-old Shanekia Roberts, who told police that Jelks was sitting in his Nissan Altima by himself and came into their home on Freedom Crossing Trail in a panic and ran straight to the bathroom.

She said she followed him and saw that he had a gunshot wound to his penis, so she took him to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.

Ehhhh Florida June 2017

Cedrick Jelks, 38, was taken to Memorial Hospital by 25-year-old Shanekia Roberts, who told police that Jelks was sitting in his Nissan Altima by himself and came into their home on Freedom Crossing Trail in a panic and ran straight to the bathroom.

She said she followed him and saw that he had a gunshot wound to his penis, so she took him to the hospital, where he underwent surgery.

I give you Chicago's very own "Shot in the Junk-o-meter" -- Courtesy of HeyJackass !!

Last edited:
Ehhhh Florida June 2017

Appendix carry? and now he’s a she…

A
Appendix carry? and now he’s a she…
A long time ago when I was a medical student I did an "away rotation" at Shock Trauma in Baltimore. Back then if a drug deal went bad, they wouldn't try to kill you. Homies would try to castrate the offending party by shooting at their junk. People ran.... So we got a lot of people shot in the ass.

One very busy night, there was this guy who got shot in the ass.... Round entered the lateral aspect of his left butt cheek, exited the medial aspect, crossed his butt crack, entered the medial aspect of the right cheek and exited laterally..
A lot of soft tissue GSWs, if they don't hit an artery, don't require a lot of complex care...Clean em up, send em home. It was really busy so the Attending told me (4th year) and this absolutely gorgeous 3rd year to take care of him. We're standing on opposite sides of his ass. I look at her, she looks at me. . And we start giggling. Trying to control ourselves, like when you laugh inappropriately at a funeral,try to stop and you just laugh harder. He notices and starts yelling " Yo motherf***ers! You laughing at me? I just got shot! Show some respect!"..... We lost it. Uncontrollable, paralyzing laughter.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Addendum: In the OR one time with the same gorgeous medical student and her pants fell down. Surgeon yells at me to pull her pants back up ...That was excruciating.... Immensely awkward and fun at the same time.

He was a gun noob and was playing with it. Guaranteed. I still feel bad for the guy. This is why I think gun safety should be taught in school.
I'm curious... Did he survive?
You might be surprised at how many people shot in the head survive.... With varying degrees of disability..,. Not usually suicides though. That's usually messy. And final.

Also, if you're going to shoot yourself, please go the Junior Seau route and shoot yourself in the chest because your family or who ever else finds you will live with what they see for the rest of their lives.

I'm curious... Did he survive?
You might be surprised at how many people shot in the head survive.... With varying degrees of disability..,. Not usually suicides though. That's usually messy. And final.

Also, if you're going to shoot yourself, please go the Junior Seau route and shoot yourself in the chest because your family or who ever else finds you will live with what they see for the rest of their lives.
Don’t know if he survived. Head shots are bad.

If I were going to check out, I would use a shot gun. I’d go out in the woods and call 911 before I did it. I’d let them know where I was and what my plans were so nobody else had to stumble on my mess. They signed up for it. Also, head shot all the way. I don’t want to feel a thing.

Don’t know if he survived. Head shots are bad.

If I were going to check out, I would use a shot gun. I’d go out in the woods and call 911 before I did it. I’d let them know where I was and what my plans were so nobody else had to stumble on my mess. They signed up for it. Also, head shot all the way. I don’t want to feel a thing.
I take your point about not wanting to feel it.
And, I signed up for it myself.

Sorry for the thread drift.

Addendum: In the OR one time with the same gorgeous medical student and her pants fell down. Surgeon yells at me to pull her pants back up ...That was excruciating.... Immensely awkward and fun at the same time.

Ummmm.., thread drift… we want to hear more about that… 🤯

Circumstances? 🤐

Thong? Lace? What does a 3rd year wear under scrubs while in the OR? 🤤

🤔

We have a 2nd floor bathroom mirror on the back wall of our house facing the woods, where the terrain slopes uphill - perfect backstop. If I want to check my aiming posture, I’ll point the gun at the mirror to see if I’m bringing the gun sights to my eye without cocking my head. That’s the only time I’ve looked down the barrel of a loaded gun - intentionally.

Looking in the mirror at the muzzle-end of a Ruger Super RedHawk Alaskan 454 Casull is impressive.

Back
Top Bottom