• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC question

1994mass

NES Member
Called the PD after recently submitting LTC. They said I was approved and sending it to the state. Does that mean I am all set just have to wait for licensure issuing? Thanks in Advance for any replies!
Also any recommendations for beginner courses in MA?(I live 20 min south of Boston)

Last edited:
Hey, OP.

Now, you wait for the local PD to let you know that it's ready.

As for "Basic courses" please let us know what discipline(s) you want to get into, and a rough area as to where you're based.

More details = better responses.
Yea sorry I am 20 min south of Boston looking for beginner pistol courses and concealed carry courses just want to get comfortable with handling a pistol and learn more of the laws.

Yea sorry I am 20 min south of Boston looking for beginner pistol courses and concealed carry courses just want to get comfortable with handling a pistol and learn more of the laws.
American Firearms School in North Attleboro does basic courses and also allows you to rent guns if you want to try stuff out

You can call the Firearms License Application Status Hotline at (617) 660-4722 to check the status.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to MA LTC applications/renewals. My wife is on 5 months waiting on her renewal. She called the hotline several times and it is progressing but they told her that they are way behind.

There are a LOT of people in the pipeline right now.

The laws in DRPM (Democratic People's Republic of Mass.) are complex, to say the least.

Reach out to Len 2A Training on the board, for one of his classes.

As for the rest, start researching Clubs in your area. You'll need one to practice. Some are "better" than others; others are more focused on one sort of shooting than another.

Lurk around here, ask questions, and have a thick skin. Lots of knowledge here, as well as sarcasm. Welcome. Also, "Go Green" - become a paid member. You'll get more access to the board, and not have to listen to everyone saying, "Go Green."

That’s strange they usually just mail me mine
In my town they are now delivering them to your house in person. Don't know how much I like that actually.

Something about seeing a police cruiser pulling up my driveway and a policeman standing at my door, I don't know???? I have nothing to hide but that whole scene can be stressful. And I do not need anymore stress in my life these days.

You can call the Firearms License Application Status Hotline at (617) 660-4722 to check the status.

Patience is a virtue when it comes to MA LTC applications/renewals. My wife is on 5 months waiting on her renewal. She called the hotline several times and it is progressing but they told her that they are way behind.

There are a LOT of people in the pipeline righ
The laws in DRPM (Democratic People's Republic of Mass.) are complex, to say the least.

Reach out to Len 2A Training on the board, for one of his classes.

As for the rest, start researching Clubs in your area. You'll need one to practice. Some are "better" than others; others are more focused on one sort of shooting than another.

Lurk around here, ask questions, and have a thick skin. Lots of knowledge here, as well as sarcasm. Welcome. Also, "Go Green" - become a paid member. You'll get more access to the board, and not have to listen to everyone saying, "Go Green."
Roger just did it

In my town they are now delivering them to your house in person. Don't know how much I like that actually.

Something about seeing a police cruiser pulling up my driveway and a policeman standing at my door, I don't know???? I have nothing to hide but that whole scene can be stressful. And I do not need anymore stress in my life these days.
Best to look, before you open the door:

1707522275505.jpeg

Do you guys do bring up an interesting point I wonder if they’re gonna wanna give me a new photograph… I look the same just less hair

The guy in my town was great he said 5 weeks from prints to pickup

Called the PD after recently submitting LTC. They said I was approved and sending it to the state. Does that mean I am all set just have to wait for licensure issuing? Thanks in Advance for any replies!
Also any recommendations for beginner courses in MA?(I live 20 min south of Boston)
No, that doesn’t mean you got approved. I submitted mine and Police Chief approved and they sent it to Bureau for processing , then after 5-6 weeks I got a call from PD and they informed me that there is a something on my record which I didn’t mentioned in the form(I know it was my fault and lesson learned). So they declined me. Although in my case I got arrested but the DA didn’t file any charges because I was innocent.

No, that doesn’t mean you got approved. I submitted mine and Police Chief approved and they sent to Bureau, then after 5-6 weeks I got a call from PD and they informed me that there is a something in my record which I didn’t mentioned in the form(I know it was my fault and lesson learned). So they declined me.
Yea luckily I put everything on there sorry that happened

My local PD blamed the state for my renewal taking over four month to receive.

Yea luckily I put everything on there sorry that happened
I have an option to appeal but decided not too. Even though I have a very high chance to win the case. Good luck on your LTC, and recommend you to get insurance as well. Learn MA gun laws too.

I have an option to appeal but decided not too. Even though I have a very high chance to win the case. Good luck on your LTC, and recommend you to get insurance as well. Learn MA gun laws too.
Why wouldn't you appeal out of principle? Especially if you can win? Imo it seems better to appeal now than 10 years from now when you change your mind

Why wouldn't you appeal out of principle? Especially if you can win? Imo it seems better to appeal now than 10 years from now when you change your mind
To be honest with you for few reasons. 1) very expensive 4-5k 2) I think in my opinion having LTC is kind of becoming meaningless specially the senates going to pass the new laws. 3) I’m in MA temporarily and moving back in Colorado maybe in 2 years.

To be honest with you for few reasons. 1) very expensive 4-5k 2) I think in my opinion having LTC is kind of becoming meaningless specially the senates going to pass the new laws. 3) I’m in MA temporarily and moving back in Colorado maybe in 2 years.
Wait. We get to leave!??

Wait. We get to leave!??
Dems are passing what they want to pass and MA is a blue state and nothing we can do I guess(again this is my opinion). Tomorrow or next year they will pass more laws unfortunately.The only thing we do, to come this forum and yell and scream but that is not going anywhere. The best defense is offense and this is what we need to do. We need too force the senate to pass over 10 round magazine, full auto machine guns, not just sit here to see what they do and then start to complain. This is my opinion and just a suggestion. Sorry English is my second language and my grammar is messed up.

A lot of people is just a bullshit answer. There is no reason it can't be done in 2 weeks or less

Back
Top Bottom