• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LTC question

Called today to see if I left my local PD and nope still pending at my local PD. Supposed to be ready April 8th. Can’t see that happening now. Im in worcester

*****UPDATE****** Next Monday is supposed to be the big day! Im having my doubts as I called the hotline and they told me it’s still pending at my local pd. Whomp whomp whomp. :( We shall see what they say when i call next Monday my guess is a couple more months at this rate

*****UPDATE****** Next Monday is supposed to be the big day! Im having my doubts as I called the hotline and they told me it’s still pending at my local pd. Whomp whomp whomp. :( We shall see what they say when i call next Monday my guess is a couple more months at this rate
Have you called the Police dept? If not, then call them and follow up.

Last edited:
You can call the Firearms License Application Status Hotline at (617) 660-4722 to check the status.

Call once a week or two and once they say they've sent it to your PD, give them a week for the mail and then start calling your PD regularly to ask the status.

Otherwise it will sit in a drawer at the PD for months.

Call once a week or two and once they say they've sent it to your PD, give them a week for the mail and then start calling your PD regularly to ask the status.

Otherwise it will sit in a drawer at the PD for months.
Not in my wife's case, The local PD delivered her LTC to our house just last night. It sat at the local PD less than a week.

BUT, they got the address wrong!!! Wrong street number. She called the state and the guy said she was A-OK since he corrected the street number in the system.

I just put my renewal in, they told me right up front it would be 6 months. Which seems right because that is about what it took for her renewal.

Not in my wife's case, The local PD delivered her LTC to our house just last night. It sat at the local PD less than a week.

BUT, they got the address wrong!!! Wrong street number. She called the state and the guy said she was A-OK since he corrected the street number in the system.

I just put my renewal in, they told me right up front it would be 6 months. Which seems right because that is about what it took for her renewal.
Couple of renewals back (last paper one), the expiration date was the same as the date of issue. Didn't notice it until I got home. Called, went back, they re-typed it while I waited.

Couple of renewals back (last paper one), the expiration date was the same as the date of issue. Didn't notice it until I got home. Called, went back, they re-typed it while I waited.
I guess with the newer laminated cards they can't be bothered.

They fixed it in the "system" but I do wonder if some FFL might refuse to do a deal because the street number is off by one digit. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom