M1 Carbines

Okay, I purchased one of the RTI carbines. I usually stay away from import marked firearms, just my preference. But I said what the hell. So I paid for one of the excellent ones. I got a 1944 Winchester, the Winchester barrel gages 1 on the CMP gage. The stock is an IBM LW-B ( Lumb Woodworking C0 Poughkeepsie NY ). It has a round bolt, I.R. Co rear sight, T-4 front band. I can't read the date on the sling, the oiler is IS. Came with a wrapped mag packaged in 1956. It will stay in the wrapper as I have plenty of mags. I will pull her apart for a lube and clean this weekend. Over all I'm happy with her. My other carbines where all purchased thru the CMP at a much cheaper price. But these popped up and I had an itch to get one. IMG_0662.jpeg IMG_0663.jpeg IMG_0653.jpeg IMG_0654.jpeg IMG_0655.jpeg IMG_0656.jpeg

My guess is anything ww2 issue correct was gobbled up at the start and some of those will probably show up cleaned up on gunraper for 2k+.

Did anyone get an original wood stock unsanded with a decent cartouche?

Submitted an internet order for a very good to excellent condition carbine an hour ago. Got an email confirmation; trying to get through the phone for verbal confirmation. On the comment section I asked for NOT Winchester, or NOT Inland if possible; NPM, QH, or IBM if possible, and M1 stock if possible.

Web site says 16 left...if that was true in the first place.

t

Last edited:
Took about three hours to get a person....they must really be busy. They have my order, FFL, and request. Hand select is out of the question; National Postal Meter +$500, Quality Hardware and IBM +$300. They would leave my request in the comment section...assume it will be an Inland...I can live with that.

t

No specific information on the order...supposedly shipping...

t
Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.44.01 PM.png
The buyer backed out on my VZ24 :eek: [angry2] 💩
But I sold the 1912 Colt out of the blue🐰

Last edited:
Sort of off topic, but I recieved my AK part kit yesterday that I ordered with the carbines in a different shipment. It came in in better condition than expected.

So you're six days ahead of me....any notification yet? What did you order?

t
Nothing the phone is always busy,and when I went to my order on there web page it stated the same thing you got.I ordered the excellent to unissued I just hope the pickers
did not work for Classic Firearms.

Dude! I'm getting a National Postal Meter![banana]Not sure how a $500 hand select option became free with a note in the comments section....but I'm not complaining....

Shipping Label Created today at 2:59

SN 4,335,602
Translates to late 4th (of 5) block NPM; 4,080,000-4425099 or ~November 1943

On a serious note, I'm wondering if my hands are strong enough to do a detail strip on the bolt and action...

t[smile]

Hmmm...my bolt tool is MIA...can I borrow someone's?
I think I tossed it; last time I used it, the forked plunger holder had split in half.

Last edited:
Dude! I'm getting a National Postal Meter![banana]Not sure how a $500 hand select option became free with a note in the comments section....but I'm not complaining....

Shipping Label Created today at 2:59

SN 4,335,602
Translates to late 4th (of 5) block NPM; 4,080,000-4425099 or ~November 1943

On a serious note, I'm wondering if my hands are strong enough to do a detail strip on the bolt and action...

t[smile]

Hmmm...my bolt tool is MIA...can I borrow someone's?
Awesome!

I had first set up an account and signed up to receive emails a month before I ordered.
Once you've signed in, click "order status," then "view order" off the main page.

t
Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.00.43 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.00.53 PM.jpeg Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 8.01.14 PM.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom