M1 Carbines

Looks like from the ser. no.3881190 I am getting an International business machine corp.
IBM now lets see what shape it's in.

A guy on the M1 Carbine Facebook page said he called RTI, and asked if they had an carbines that are project guns. They sold him one for $600. he doesn't know how bad of condition it will be in but wants it to rebuild. He did that today, I asked him to send me pictures when he gets it. He also ordered one of the $899 that say Inland only ended up getting an Un-Quality marked receiver, lucky guy.

What really sucks is I am just a few miles from them,but they don't have walk in service.

I am at my Florida home,but my C&R address is my Boston. MA. home.
If they would have let me pick it up that would have been great,but
since they only do mail order I had no choice.

You guys,are not going to believe this.So today I go to the Florida FFL to pick up my FN M4
that I won on GunBrokers,and had shipped here to Florida So I walk in,and as I am waiting
to be served I noticed a rack in the corner with some old rifles on it.Now the only reason
this rifle stood out was that all the other rifles were blued,and this one was parkerized.
Yes boys,and girls it was an M1 carbine,so I picked it up,and started to look it over
asking the owner if I could give it the once over.He told me to go right ahead,and
handed me a bore light.I find out later that he lived in Newton MA. not to far from
my house.It'an IBM with an 44 underwood barrel,and a stock stamped WRA GHD.
SER. NO. 3746560 with import stamping Exel/Gardner MA. $700 out the door.
It was in need of some cleaning,but this rifle is in very nice condition.The only
thing that was strange was that the bolt was blued.I have a IBM marked
M1 carbine SER. NO. 3881190 coming from Royal Tiger,and I end up
finding this rifle,that is some really weird sh^t. 95120063_665266367631159_3893488802735325184_n (2).jpg 95387958_265659634830624_3407196928851574784_n (2).jpg

VERY nice stock; would look good on my Winchester! Is it a Blue Sky Import? My first one had that off color park finish.

Those are some Ouigi Board caliber circumstances. You do NOT find a M1 Carbine for $700...except maybe in Florida. Pics of part codes?

t

Last edited:
The hammer has the HI on it the bolt has a N,and a 6. That is about it.
I can see you have some doubt about my story,thinking Patron is
slinging the bull.Well majspud I picked the gun up at
Straight Shooters of Palm Bay Florida.

VERY nice stock; would look good on my Winchester! Is it a Blue Sky Import? My first one had that off color park finish.

Those are some Ouigi Board caliber circumstances. You do NOT find a M1 Carbine for $700...except maybe in Florida. Pics of part codes?

t
$700 Is anout what a import marked M1 should be in very good shooting condition.

You guys,are not going to believe this.So today I go to the Florida FFL to pick up my FN M4
that I won on GunBrokers,and had shipped here to Florida So I walk in,and as I am waiting
to be served I noticed a rack in the corner with some old rifles on it.Now the only reason
this rifle stood out was that all the other rifles were blued,and this one was parkerized.
Yes boys,and girls it was an M1 carbine,so I picked it up,and started to look it over
asking the owner if I could give it the once over.He told me to go right ahead,and
handed me a bore light.I find out later that he lived in Newton MA. not to far from
my house.It'an IBM with an 44 underwood barrel,and a stock stamped WRA GHD.
SER. NO. 3746560 with import stamping Exel/Gardner MA. $700 out the door.
It was in need of some cleaning,but this rifle is in very nice condition.The only
thing that was strange was that the bolt was blued.I have a IBM marked
M1 carbine SER. NO. 3881190 coming from Royal Tiger,and I end up
finding this rifle,that is some really weird sh^t.View attachment 353822View attachment 353824
If I remember correctly early carbines where blued and all WWII bolts where blued until they went through the rebuild program and all parts where parked if they went through the mill.
There are commercial bolts out there also.
I stopped in a small place in VT many years ago and they had a complete rack of reweld receivers comercial part fakes and host of other odds and ends. They where sold as parts or display guns only.
First I ever heard of welding receivers back together. Honestly if he did not point out the welds I would never have known.
The place was not to far over MA boatder was a Quonset Hut building really dump of a looking place buy man it was cool. That was 30 years ago!

Look at the field strip picture there is no pitting,or rust on this rifle.
The only thing that has some dings,and is loose is the handguard..
What is really going to burn my ass is when I get the Royal Tiger
one,and find out that this one might be in better shape.

Yea I got an email from UPS to expect a package tomorrow.
Now I just have to wait until my Son opens it,and sends me
pictures.

Back
Top Bottom