M1 Carbines

So....
*It is a NPM
*Undated Marlin barrel
*unmarked M2 potbelly stock/no P/maker/cartouche
*oiler
*half a sling
*LU magazine
*one swipe with a bore snake left a brilliant bore, used, nicks, etc, good crown
“U” Underwood receiver
Dirty, dusty, goat droppings, etc

t
F33C6419-1694-45D6-9B28-26EBAEA2CECD.jpeg 6D00A06A-567B-4E5B-A743-505C1D1DF982.jpeg 834B616C-35C0-4957-B2A3-256008A509AA.jpeg 721700DE-B8AA-4ED2-8263-142446714DA0.jpeg

Looks like he's in a position to negotiate.

Going to need several coats of oil. Sucked up the first two without me having to wipe it down. Broke it down after pics and added a third coat.

Oiled and cleaned the bolt, but did not take it down. Wiped down the trigger group, but did not strip it - it was very clean.

No matter how much I crank on the tang, I can't get the barrel to float...may need a shim.

t
IMG_0999.jpeg IMG_1001.jpeg IMG_1002.jpeg IMG_1003.jpeg

Three coats of oil, and the accessories...1943 Saco-Moc Shoe Corp magazine pouch, 1944 Victory Mfg. Inc. muzzle cover, and 12/61 MRT sling.

When the bolt tool comes, I'll clean the bolt, but probably pass on the trigger group. Another coat of oil, and shim the tang...and off to then range...hopefully 5/18.

Left half of the handguard is light, but that's quibbling. No dings or dents worth steaming. A couple gouges and the grip repair, but that's it.

I think this would be the original "going postal".

t
IMG_1004.jpeg IMG_1005.jpeg

Last edited:
Cycling 5 rounds of dummy ammo. Ejection was straight back at 5:00....this could be a problem for a lefty.

t

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miOY2klY_3w

new ejector and spring to start. Crud in the ejector recess can make for a stiff spring. Theres also a slide modification at some point near the end of production that addressed ejection issues. I cant really remember what the changes where. Found it

The redesigned the slide with a angled cam to help eject cases away from the reciever along with changing the bevel/step cut

1588727894471.png

Last edited:
You're probably right. I’ll try it first before rebuilding it. Just a detailed cleaning for now.
t

Also hand cycling “ live”rounds Is not always a indication of ejection pattern.
Chamber some empty cases and give the slide a quick sharp pull and see where they go.

It took 8 coats of oil to get to the full mark, and I touched up the hand guard with Ebony stain to blend it. Hand guard is so full of oil, there wasn't too much room for stain. I'll add a little every now and then.

So, I'm done save the bolt stripping. If it passes the range test, I won't rebuild it.

t
IMG_1015.jpeg IMG_1016.jpeg

Last edited:
Well, I introduced my National Postal Meter Maid to the Winchester Cowboy......hope they have children.....wonder what make they would have....

N A T I O N A L P O S T A L M E T E R + W I N C H E S T E R =

I-M
-N-ERWOO-
ROC--OLA
INLAN-
IRWIN PETERSON [banana] **WE HAVE A WINNER**[dance]
-UALIT- HARD-ARE
STAN-ARD PRO-UCTS

Yes, I DO have that kind of time on my hands.

t[party2]

IMG_1029.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom