MA Gun Grab 2024: Senate bill S.2572

The news on the radio yesterday said they will reconvene or something like that in a week, and if they can't agree, this might all be out the window.
“I think we need to be very careful that we don't infringe too heavily on the rights of those who are protected by the Second Amendment. And that's what I hope to bring to the table, is some voice for restraint. And some voice for protecting constitution,” said McKenna.

f*** you McKenna, f*** you
Shall not doesn't include just the tip you tyrannical f***.

If they don’t agree what will stop the governor from issuing an executive order instead. With press and everything.
Executive order can't change the actual law and would be struck down quickly.
The speaker owns the state and no lowly governor would dare cross him openly.

Agree but until SCOTUS clarifies its dicta and strikes clearly strikes down any and all non-historical restrictions, we live with the narrow rulings we currently have as dogs begging for scraps.
It’s hard to stay on track in regards to - “divide and conquer”
It’s always been effective strategy, but ones soy society begins to feel empowered - things don’t get to be boring let just say…

It’s hard to stay on track in regards to - “divide and conquer”
It’s always been effective strategy, but ones soy society begins to feel empowered - things don’t get to be boring let just say…
That's the problem - divide and conqu
We are divided because we have people openly interested in exactly how the bill will make getting their hobby toys harder - not that thousands of people become paper felons, just how does it effect me.
We are divided by our own self interest.

Secondly, they throw out an omnibus bill with tons of shit in one session but we have to pick it apart in very narrow, well defined parts to get it through the courts. So they again divide us this time financially and manpower because there are a very limited number of attorneys capable of handling these cases (Caetano was an anomaly - her public defender did an incredible job but the stars aligned for that case also)

Executive order can't change the actual law and would be struck down quickly.
The speaker owns the state and no lowly governor would dare cross him openly.
I hear you on that but she did it once via executive fiat. She won’t push the AGs office to prosecute anyone just one of the same bs since 2016 just fear of what if isn’t that what happened? These threads are a proof of what she has accomplished with her press release 8 years ago.

I hear you on that but she did it once via executive fiat. She won’t push the AGs office to prosecute anyone just one of the same bs since 2016 just fear of what if isn’t that what happened? These threads are a proof of what she has accomplished with her press release 8 years ago.
What she did was scare a bunch of people from the bully pulpit.
Those that knew the law continued business as usual and not a single FFL was slammed for just selling against her decree.
She knew if she went after anyone then that gave the 2a advocacy groups standing and she'd be eviscerated even in Mass courts - and if they were dumb enough to write their usual fantasy then it would reach SCOTUS.

That's the problem - divide and conqu
We are divided because we have people openly interested in exactly how the bill will make getting their hobby toys harder - not that thousands of people become paper felons, just how does it effect me.
We are divided by our own self interest.

Secondly, they throw out an omnibus bill with tons of shit in one session but we have to pick it apart in very narrow, well defined parts to get it through the courts. So they again divide us this time financially and manpower because there are a very limited number of attorneys capable of handling these cases (Caetano was an anomaly - her public defender did an incredible job but the stars aligned for that case also)
I don’t think this process was any different for many decades, and it it’s still the same squirrel wheel in action.
Something must be different in order for anything different to take place - or they 🏆

I don’t think this process was any different for many decades, and it it’s still the same squirrel wheel in action.
Something must be different in order for anything different to take place - or they 🏆
Bruen is in play
Gun control is getting slammed across the US creating case law that builds a strong foundation for us to fight here and fight successfully.

When? 18-24 months before we see anything substantial since there are so many cases out there taking turns taking small steps in the process.

But in those states they didn't have bills that prohibited past actions like what we will likely see
On the red flag crap - the "illegals can have guns" opinion.
No shit - if you don't want illegals to have guns then toss them out of the country.
The People includes illegals for the rest of the bill of rights so any pro 2a person should cheer that decision.

But that opinion builds a base that if a non-citizen can't be disarmed without full due process then neither can a citizen.

Interesting that Day referred to looking at the summaries - not the actual bill texts - to "start chipping away" at the language.

This is problematic because the summaries are absolute BS; they do not accurately portray the content of either bill whatsoever. The summaries are complete lies and obfuscate critical language of the actual legislation. Much is left out, glossed over, incorrectly summarized, etc. I don't even think he knows what was in his own bill.
Because he didn't write it.
Bloomturd handed it to him with a check and said "Pass this".

Soon or later they will pass the law. Wait for the mass exodus from MA. Lefties invaded and control the MA ( and few states) without any military involvement.

Lots of talk here about how this won't survive Bruen. Well, if Biden gets re-elected and adds a couple more communist idiots to SCOTUS Bruen will be getting tossed right into the waste basket, so don't count on that saving anyone's rights. Reality sucks.
When that day comes, I'm taking my money, dogs, wife, and moving to a mountainous corner of some "friendly-ish" state, and minding my own business. No uninvited outsiders welcome. The sign on the driveway will be the 1 and only warning.

Feds don't have a problem putting lowly state level thugs in their place

Qualified Immunity has nothing to do with the feds vs the states.

Qualified Immunity protects state actors (federal and state) from CIVIL liability when their victims sue.

That’s it. Criminal charges are unaffected by QI.

She didn't "do" anything by fiat. She said she would do things by fiat... and then didn't bother.

That's a BIG difference. She could issue an executive order, I guess, if she wanted to... but it would be toothless. It could never be enforced; the moment anyone got prosecuted, the whole house of cards would tumble. We'd all know that, meaning that ploy won't work a second time.

She didn't "do" anything by fiat. She said she would do things by fiat... and then didn't bother.

That's a BIG difference. She could issue an executive order, I guess, if she wanted to... but it would be toothless. It could never be enforced; the moment anyone got prosecuted, the whole house of cards would tumble. We'd all know that, meaning that ploy won't work a second time.
She didn’t enforce anything the first time either. For not enforcing anything she got plenty of results.

She didn’t enforce anything the first time either. For not enforcing anything she got plenty of results.

You skipped my last sentence.

I mean, feel free to look at this as negatively as you wish. It's fine to be a pessimist, and it's fine to be a pants-shitter. But don't be surprised to get some pushback.

You skipped my last sentence.

I mean, feel free to look at this as negatively as you wish. It's fine to be a pessimist, and it's fine to be a pants-shitter. But don't be surprised to get some pushback.
I’m not surprised by anything. If you believe things have been working like they were pre2016 that’s great. For some that could be the case but by reading all these posts in here and the uncertainty I get a different vibe. For some is business as usual for others is wondering if they can make a functional firearm.

Qualified Immunity has nothing to do with the feds vs the states.

Qualified Immunity protects state actors (federal and state) from CIVIL liability when their victims sue.

That’s it. Criminal charges are unaffected by QI.
If scotus strikes down AWB as unconstitutional and the local/state police continue to enforce it are you saying that those police and departments won't get hit with section 1983 suits?
I post that there would be lucrative suits against state actors which implies civil.

I’m not surprised by anything. If you believe things have been working like they were pre2016 that’s great. For some that could be the case but by reading all these posts in here and the uncertainty I get a different vibe. For some is business as usual for others is wondering if they can make a functional firearm.
There are literally tens of thousands of post Healey guns out there.
Even if this thing passes you will still be able to make functional firearms, it will be harder to comply with state law but that's where I call out my idea of big boy rules - act at the level of risk you are comfortable accepting for your actions.

Lots of talk here about how this won't survive Bruen. Well, if Biden gets re-elected and adds a couple more communist idiots to SCOTUS Bruen will be getting tossed right into the waste basket, so don't count on that saving anyone's rights. Reality sucks.
Why do you think I am so set against grandfathering in the new bill?
If the senate version passes that gives us immediate standing since thousands of people purchased post Healey "banned" guns and have possessed them for demonstrably lawful purposes since 2016.

Every piece of case law builds a higher wall against revering Heller.
And please don't try to bring up Roe since both sides have admitted that was wrongly reasoned as soon as the opinion was published.
Miller was the and we are still fighting it going on 100 years now.

For some it is wondering if they're going to wake up and be instant felons along with all the associated negative consequences.

After 2016 the choice was on how to interpret the notice of enforcement and move forward. This time it's more like am I getting screwed for something I did years ago that was perfectly legal. The bar is much higher, especially for those of us that work in a industry where clearances and/or clean records are required.

Last edited:
If scotus strikes down AWB as unconstitutional and the local/state police continue to enforce it are you saying that those police and departments won't get hit with section 1983 suits?
I said nothing of the sort.
I post that there would be lucrative suits against state actors which implies civil.

I agree with all of that.

My point is that it would never be the feds coming down on state actors. It would be individuals suing state actors. The federal government has nothing to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom