MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

I only skimmed this thread, so I'm really sorry if someone already said this. BUT this is my favorite part:

If I read that correctly, I go to a gun store, purchase a pistol.... then have to wait 30 days to get the mag that comes with it??

This needs to be stopped now

Well no, actually. The 1 per month limitation applies to a large capacity magazine. If this passes, your pistol will come with a 7 round magazine. A 7 rounder would not qualify as large capacity. They thought it all through for us, we've got nothing to worry about. They've got our backs...

Well no, actually. The 1 per month limitation applies to a large capacity magazine. If this passes, your pistol will come with a 7 round magazine. A 7 rounder would not qualify as large capacity. They thought it all through for us, we've got nothing to worry about. They've got our backs...

Ahh, thank you for the correction. I didn't think that one through. Not that it makes this situation any better [sad2]

I just emailed all my state represenatives the following. This government not only wants to take our guns, but our money too.

I am a Westborough resident. As so many other hardworking, tax paying and law abiding citizens, I am appalled by some proposed legislation from Gov. Deval Patrick. I believe they are wrong and harmful to the Commonwealth.

First is the proposed increase of the state income tax by 19%. This is wrong in this economy and a heartless assault to the middle class just trying to survive. The state should go after wasteful spending and fraud for additional revenue first, and be realistic with its priorities. I know too many people (sadly some are friends) getting their non-citizen parents and relatives to Massachusetts from overseas to receive FREE housing, FREE healthcare and GENEROUS monthly allowance, with many more on their way as we speak. Recently it was also reported that the state lost track of 20,000 EBT recipients. Please, please help stopping these irresponsible spending and vote NO to the income tax increase.

Secondly, Gov. Patrick is proposing to limit firearm magazine size to seven, which will render most guns in Massachusetts illegal/useless, and turn law abiding gun owners into criminals. I am sure criminals will not care about any law or limitation put in place. This proposed magazine cap will only have the effect of disarming good citizens. When criminals break into our house trying to do us harm, how should we protect ourselves before police arrives (in 15 or 30 minutes)? Throwing potato at them, or asking them to gently rob/rape/kill us? I have school aged kids and was saddened by the Newtown tragedy. But the proposed 7 round magazine limit is a blatant violation of the Second Amendment, and would only disarm law abiding citizens. Please vote NO to this knee-jerking overreaching.

Thanks,

I talked to Sen. Brewer's office this morning - he is a good guy and hasn't had a chance to read the bill yet, but has always been on our side.

Rep Zlotnik called me back this evening and we spoke for a half hour. HE GETS IT !!! Limiting the good guys does nothing to the bad guys.

I know everyone wants to freak out here, but I see 99% of this getting shot down. Maybe even a full 100%

If they knew they could slam this through, they would have already done what NY did 3 days ago. That is NOT going to happen here, even in this shitty state.

I know everyone wants to freak out here, but I see 99% of this getting shot down. Maybe even a full 100%

If they knew they could slam this through, they would have already done what NY did 3 days ago. That is NOT going to happen here, even in this shitty state.

We can all contact our Reps and only hope that you're right.

Most legislators or aides that I have spoken with have agreed with the fact that it is a "knee jerk" reaction, and that it is "feel good" legislation which will not protect our children or citizens. Spoke with Sen. Tarr's (Minority Leader) & Rep. Jones Jr.'s (Minority Leader) offices and the aides said that the R caucus is unilaterally against this. When I called my Rep., Sen. Keenan (D), the aide was like "let me guess you are calling about the gun legislation." I replied "yes sir, and let me tell you why it is a useless piece of legislation so you can pass it on to your boss."

Make some bullet points on a piece of paper in front of you, don't ramble on, and just pick up the phone and call as many people as you can. The aide's are all very receptive, respectful will listen to you and write down your talking points.

I just emailed all my state represenatives the following. This government not only wants to take our guns, but our money too.

I am a Westborough resident. As so many other hardworking, tax paying and law abiding citizens, I am appalled by some proposed legislation from Gov. Deval Patrick. I believe they are wrong and harmful to the Commonwealth.

First is the proposed increase of the state income tax by 19%. This is wrong in this economy and a heartless assault to the middle class just trying to survive. The state should go after wasteful spending and fraud for additional revenue first, and be realistic with its priorities. I know too many people (sadly some are friends) getting their non-citizen parents and relatives to Massachusetts from overseas to receive FREE housing, FREE healthcare and GENEROUS monthly allowance, with many more on their way as we speak. Recently it was also reported that the state lost track of 20,000 EBT recipients. Please, please help stopping these irresponsible spending and vote NO to the income tax increase.

Secondly, Gov. Patrick is proposing to limit firearm magazine size to seven, which will render most guns in Massachusetts illegal/useless, and turn law abiding gun owners into criminals. I am sure criminals will not care about any law or limitation put in place. This proposed magazine cap will only have the effect of disarming good citizens. When criminals break into our house trying to do us harm, how should we protect ourselves before police arrives (in 15 or 30 minutes)? Throwing potato at them, or asking them to gently rob/rape/kill us? I have school aged kids and was saddened by the Newtown tragedy. But the proposed 7 round magazine limit is a blatant violation of the Second Amendment, and would only disarm law abiding citizens. Please vote NO to this knee-jerking overreaching.

Thanks,

Nice letter, I am in the process of writing my own letter similar to yours. I must reiterate what someone else said, do not trust what your legislators tell you. What they say today is not what they might vote when the time comes. We need to keep up the pressure, because the anti's will continue the pressure also.

I think the problem Dufis Patrick made is going for too much. He could have easily slipped by some reasonable bill with all the emotion going on out there. His bill is redonkulous and his insanity is what we need to focus on. We need to educate our law makers.

The weather is looking real good for Saturday.
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/boston-ma/02108/hourly-weather-forecast/348735?hour=57

I've not been to the state house in years. So, I'll do a little sightseeing and join in the protest by noon time.

With so few gun owners in MA now, I hope we get a good turn out.

Cheers,
Rich
If the poll is even close to accurate, we are, um, going to have some space issues, but BPD said they will accommodate. This will be interesting...

Last edited:
I haven't seen this pointed out yet.

The 1 gun per month part actually references buy, rent or lease. So Iguess if you rent a gun at a range you can't actually buy or rent again for 30 days. And does this mean gun ranges that rent guns would be required to run a background check on everyone who rents a gun so that their 1 gun per month is recorded?

Sent out a bunch of e-mails today. Got a respnse from patricks office. Basically it said, Thanks for input, but we're not interested.

I just saw the news on TV. Over 300 LEOs went out this morning (dressed in SWAT gear) and arrested about 2 dozen drug thugs.
It took a dozen LEOs for each thug. They got a pistol (might have been a replica. Paint was falling off the frame), some cash and a bag of grass.
The TV news crews were there to capture the action. (I didn't see the action part). They showed a LEO going on about how he had warned a drug dealer, years ago, that someday he would be arrested. And this morning it happened. I'm just guessing, but most of those picked up in the sweep, are likely back to selling tonight.
Total cost to taxpayers? $200,000 or maybe twice that?

I'm just wondering if anyone has called up the local TV stations to let them know that some over-time might be had this weekend..?.
And, they don't have to get up at 4AM!! :)

They say these bans don't effect sport shooting bull shit.

But they will!! Maybe not in this state, but if you compete in out of state competitions, it sure as hell will affect you. Think of it, travel out of the state for an ISPDA and have to borrow people's magazines. Can't practice counting to nine dropping and reloading. It will sure as hell mess up your game

That's what I was saying. They'd have to have different rules etc in mass ..

I'm just depressed about this, basically saying stuff my family has owned since my grand dad returned from ww2 is illegal and face being forced to give it up is beating me down.

I just wish there was a legal way to just say no.... Haplessly hopeful isn't my style . I expect the worse so when it happens it doesn't beat me up as much.

Not saying ill be a sheep, ill fight this .

I was looking forward to start reloading and doing shooting comps.... Just depressing .

Back
Top Bottom