mad max

if the FSA stops getting FS the cities will be a no go zone. but to mad max standards i would say no

Do you believe it could go mad max if the economy fails?

The only way it goes Mad Max, Walking Dead etc is if the power grid goes down for an extended period, say entire US for a month. Also people will likely behave better if they think everything will go back to normal soon.

So what could cause this? Some kind of natural disaster (meteor, massive solar flare etc). Some kind of attack with multiple nukes or EMP nukes. Some kind of massive cyber attack. All 3 are pretty unlikely.

What's much more likely IMO is another Great Depression as the US collapses under bad debts, financial engineering and decades of artificial economic expansion contracting back to the mean.

Nope, no Mad Max, more The Grapes Of Wrath with tazers.

Unless the grid goes down permanently for some reason. Then it'll be The Road.

ijca4zv6urphlcldmwir.jpg

The only way it goes Mad Max, Walking Dead etc is if the power grid goes down for an extended period, say entire US for a month. Also people will likely behave better if they think everything will go back to normal soon.

So what could cause this? Some kind of natural disaster (meteor, massive solar flare etc). Some kind of attack with multiple nukes or EMP nukes. Some kind of massive cyber attack. All 3 are pretty unlikely.

What's much more likely IMO is another Great Depression as the US collapses under bad debts, financial engineering and decades of artificial economic expansion contracting back to the mean.

Buy gold and silver. It's no longer about building wealth, it's about protecting the wealth you have

Mad Max is a ridiculous scenario with an economy that doesn't make sense. Suppose that things go crazy, I imagine the economy will start making more sense, not less sense.

What kind of bbq sauce do you put on gold and silver to eat it?[laugh]

Silly man....you need to invest in preserving your wealth by turning as many FRN's (Federal Reserve Notes) into real value (gold/silver) as you can afford (that does NOT include food, rent, mortgage, etc. money). If you have none then you don't really have any wealth to protect.

Silly man....you need to invest in preserving your wealth by turning as many FRN's (Federal Reserve Notes) into real value (gold/silver) as you can afford (that does NOT include food, rent, mortgage, etc. money). If you have none then you don't really have any wealth to protect.

I wouldn't buy gold or silver, someone else sets the value of it so it's open for corruption.

I wouldn't buy gold or silver, someone else sets the value of it so it's open for corruption.

Yes, that someone is driving the value as low as possible, so they're doing you a favor if you're a long-term buyer.

Remember the same people are trying to destroy the value of your dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone have a scenario that they believe is going to happen?

I think the Depression scenario is very likely, the other ones not so much. And I don't think the Venezuela scenario is likely cause the dollar is likely to remain the most trusted currency, lesser of many evils.

The value of gold and silver sets itself. Think about this. Dollars used to be back by gold. What are they backed by now? A promise. How much faith do you have in that promise? When that faith is gone (and that could happen in one day) the dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Gold is money...everything else is a promise

The value of gold and silver sets itself. Think about this. Dollars used to be back by gold. What are they backed by now? A promise. How much faith do you have in that promise? When that faith is gone (and that could happen in one day) the dollar isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

What can you or I do with gold though? Ammo has a use. Water has a use.

What can you or I do with gold though? Ammo has a use. Water has a use.

What can you do with a hundred dollar bill? Of course you need to stock food, guns, ammo, water...but currency in the form of paper will be useless. Historically, gold and silver has been used as currency for thousands of years....and it will be again. Bartering can only go so far. A form of currency needs to exist for everyone since we all can not always barter things we have for things we need. We're all in that same boat. Gold and silver gives us all the currency we need to sell and buy things we need that others have. Really basic concept

Last edited:
What can you do with a hundred dollar bill? Of course you need to stock food, guns, ammo, water...but currency in the form of paper will be useless. Historically, gold and silver has been used as currency for thousands of years....and it will be again. Bartering can only go so far. A form of currency needs to exist for everyone since we all can not always barter things we have for things we need. We're all in that same boat. Gold and silver gives us all the currency we need to sell and buy things we need that others have. Really basic concept

At least for a little while, cash will be worth something. Sheeple won't think it is worthless overnight.

Yes, that someone is driving the value as low as possible, so they're doing you a favor if you're a long-term buyer.

Remember the same people are trying to destroy the value of your dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Depression scenario is very likely, the other ones not so much. And I don't think the Venezuela scenario is likely cause the dollar is likely to remain the most trusted currency, lesser of many evils.

Agreed.

More and more countries are moving away from relying on the dollar alone and are switching to baskets of currencies. It's not a death knell for the dollar, but it is certainly losing ground.

People that bought gold at $1850 and silver at $32 have not secured their wealth and there is a lot of room for both to drop a great deal more.

gold/silver and any other commodity that trades on the futures market are as wide open to speculation as any other instrument.

Look at the retarded gold run up after 2008. Was that based on some intrinsic value? No, it was based on fear that the dollar would collapse.

It's all fake horseshit. You just have to decide which pile of horseshit you'd rather roll around in.

gold/silver and any other commodity that trades on the futures market are as wide open to speculation as any other instrument.

Look at the retarded gold run up after 2008. Was that based on some intrinsic value? No, it was based on fear that the dollar would collapse.

It's all fake horseshit. You just have to decide which pile of horseshit you'd rather roll around in.

One thing that tends to make commodities slightly less ridiculous is that there are actual costs involved. A stock's value can explode due to a fad, a currency's value can disappear because of a central bank. If a commodity has a use, there will usually be a floor to its price that gives some sort of safety net (even if it is a small percentage of the inflated value).

To each his own.....I'd rather have something I can hold than put all my chips on a number on a computer screen (as in a bank account). At some point those numbers don't mean much. Google 'bank bail ins' if you want to understand how screwed up things are. I'm not saying go all in, just spread things around and hedge your bets a little

To each his own.....I'd rather have something I can hold than put all my chips on a number on a computer screen (as in a bank account). At some point those numbers don't mean much. Google 'bank bail ins' if you want to understand how screwed up things are. I'm not saying go all in, just spread things around and hedge your bets a little

I remember the first gold and silver run up and how prices were manipulated, took 20 years to get prices up the again and by then inflation wiped out the gain. Will it be a mad max in the financial zone when they hyperinflate out of the trillions in debt?

Back
Top Bottom