Maine gets close to implementing 3 Day Wait Period and makes it illegal to do Paramilitary Training in the State

Mmmmmmmm....... I'm not sure that's the case.
It's urban-area Liberals, who are mostly rich, that are the ones who vote these Dems in. The people on public assistance are mostly rural, which is heavy conservative.

It's the voters in Portsmouth and the surrounding areas plus Portland. Really anyplace along or close to 95 south of Portland is suspect.

Maine and Vermont are chichi. Lefties move there and consider themselves too clever by half.

New Hampshire has the good fortune of being largely forgotten. Everyone who knows me knows we're moving to Lisbon, NEW HAMPSHIRE, and I'll STILL get: "So why aren't you in VERMONT yet?" REPEATEDLY. From the SAME PERSON/PEOPLE.

This is the new trend across the country, to ban “paramilitary training.” It reminds me of those societies that banned martial arts training, so the subculture developed dancing that hid the true martial arts training. Sounds like someone needs to start a Maine School of Ballistic Ballet.

In one state they banned strip joints, so the owner of a strip club just had the girls reciting Shakespeare on stage, but stripping while doing it, and it was found to be protected artistic expression under the 1st amendment. Someone can start an amateur acting troupe that acts out plays based on war strategies.

This all assumes that courts will uphold these attacks on anything having to do with the second amendment.

This is the new trend across the country, to ban “paramilitary training.” It reminds me of those societies that banned martial arts training, so the subculture developed dancing that hid the true martial arts training. Sounds like someone needs to start a Maine School of Ballistic Ballet.

In one state they banned strip joints, so the owner of a strip club just had the girls reciting Shakespeare on stage, but stripping while doing it, and it was found to be protected artistic expression under the 1st amendment. Someone can start an amateur acting troupe that acts out plays based on war strategies.

This all assumes that courts will uphold these attacks on anything having to do with the second amendment.
The second amendment is the bastard child of the bill of rights. Courts in the northeast kick it in the trash, along with other rights

This is the new trend across the country, to ban “paramilitary training.”

This is all part of the plan.

Require training to get an LTC and purchase firearms
Ban the training that is required or make it so difficult and expensive that no one can comply
Mission accomplished. No 2A rights have been "banned" or "taken away"

They just passed it. [angry]

Lots of vacant land to grow a garden - just need to add fertilizer

If you plan on moving, get out of the NorthEast. Go south or west. Montana is the way.
Yep. I'm old enough to remember when Maine was considered at least mildly pro-2A... just a few short years ago. :( Now, that is gone. Glad we didn't buy our retirement place there. Couldn't afford NH taxes and Maine was considered a pretty good alternative plan at the time. Now, I look at it... What a joke. 👎

BTW, waiting periods will be the kiss of death for Kittery Trading Post. No thanks for two trips north in order to buy one gun. Forget about it! o_O

...or just a good capoeira school.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvY_HBoe-ZU

They'd frequently have blades between their toes - those cartwheels are slashes to the face, etc.

Yep. I'm old enough to remember when Maine was considered at least mildly pro-2A... just a few short years ago. :( Now, that is gone. Glad we didn't buy our retirement place there. Couldn't afford NH taxes and Maine was considered a pretty good alternative plan at the time. Now, I look at it... What a joke. 👎

BTW, waiting periods will be the kiss of death for Kittery Trading Post. No thanks for two trips north in order to buy one gun. Forget about it! o_O

I didn’t think about KTP. That really sucks.

They've wanted KTP to stop selling guns for a decade. This is their way of accomplishing their goal.
They want to turn Maine into a Donkdom. They're succeeding. Between this and what it will ultimately mean in terms of the direction and climate of the place, and their diversity push, Maine has rapidly become a non-destination. The Left will still think it chichi for awhile, until the shithole they've made becomes too deep to ignore, then move on to the next chichi destination.

the term "paramilitary training" is so vague that airsoft and paintball competition would be banned. Forget about having any 3 gun competition or training. Even martial arts training fits the definition. Even basic firearms training fits the definition.
Damn Ma**h***s invading.

A friend grew up in Winter Harbor. He's as conservative as can be. His wife grew up in Madawaska and while she's as conservative as him, here parents are to the Left of Trudeau. From what he tells me, it's some of the rural areas that are the most liberal.

So, that Bruen decision means nothing. No one cares about it and it gets completely ignored.
:mad:[angry2]

Last edited:
the term "paramilitary training" is so vague that airsoft and paintball competition would be banned. Forget about having any 3 gun competition or training. Even martial arts training fits the definition. Even basic firearms training fits the definition.
Damn Ma**h***s invading.

Yeah - I was just thinking the same thing. I know some guys that are serious about their airsoft training. The only real difference is they use an airsoft version of the real guns.

I've been thinking about this. Next year is 250 for Lex-Con. TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY YEARS! I recall the Bicentennial. It was a HUGE deal in Boston. All sorts of $ flowed in to improve teh historical landmarks and such. Tons of tourism.

We're 2 years out from 7/4/26. Not a peep from Boston. I may have to email Woo, Muaarraaahh and TheDonald. Get your asses in gear and get some federal $ to help the states/cities. Maybe matching funds. Spending taxpayer $ on improving historic colonial landmarks and sites is an investment, not an expense. Those who yada yada and all that.
I well remember the 200.

Back
Top Bottom