Maine gets close to implementing 3 Day Wait Period and makes it illegal to do Paramilitary Training in the State

Maine and Vermont are chichi. Lefties move there and consider themselves too clever by half.

New Hampshire has the good fortune of being largely forgotten. Everyone who knows me knows we're moving to Lisbon, NEW HAMPSHIRE, and I'll STILL get: "So why aren't you in VERMONT yet?" REPEATEDLY. From the SAME PERSON/PEOPLE.
Lisbon is nice! So is Piermont, Monroe, etc.

This is all part of the plan.

Require training to get an LTC and purchase firearms
Ban the training that is required or make it so difficult and expensive that no one can comply
Mission accomplished. No 2A rights have been "banned" or "taken away"
paramilitary training could later be interpreted "he was holding his gun a certain way at the range" and boom you are now charged with federal felonies and your house and bank accounts are seized under civil asset forfeiture after they shoot your dog and rape your wife

We were talking about this last night at our R&G Club and our President and another member who know Janet Mills said that she may veto the two bills. Sportsman Alliance of Maine (SAM) similar to GOAL is on it and has been pressuring Mills to veto the bills if it gets to her. Mills is not anti-gun.

The failure is in the criminal justice system and law enforcement, not in the laws themselves. The Lewiston shooter was known to the courts and to local law enforcement. Could this tragic event have been prevented, I believe it could have. When people who are sworn to protect the public fail to do their job the end result is always the same, people die. Judges, prosecutors, mental health care professionals, and LEOs, do your *^!+*! jobs!

The failure is in the criminal justice system and law enforcement, not in the laws themselves. The Lewiston shooter was known to the courts and to local law enforcement. Could this tragic event have been prevented, I believe it could have. When people who are sworn to protect the public fail to do their job the end result is always the same, people die. Judges, prosecutors, mental health care professionals, and LEOs, do your *^!+*! jobs!
You're 100% right. We talked about that also. Totally preventable, had nothing to do with firearm restrictions

And nobody reported that a company in Hudson NH had an interaction with Card the week prior to the shooting. Not a peep.

Im in Fl today too. 80 and sunny and will be checking out the local sporting clays range today.
Heading out on a snorkeling tour in an hour and tomorrow deep sea fishing. If I can get some snapper I’ll be letting the local restaurant clean and cook.

The Lewiston thing 100% could have been prevented. The independent commission investigating it has said so.
This from a month ago:
Plus there are newer reports out in the last several days that detail just how badly EVERYONE dropped the ball.
Yet the democrats are refusing to let the crisis go to waste. Gun control is no longer political suicide in Maine due to the overwhelming liberal presence in congressional district 1.

The Lewiston thing 100% could have been prevented. The independent commission investigating it has said so.
This from a month ago:
Plus there are newer reports out in the last several days that detail just how badly EVERYONE dropped the ball.
Yet the democrats are refusing to let the crisis go to waste. Gun control is no longer political suicide in Maine due to the overwhelming liberal presence in congressional district 1.
Correct. But, it SHOULD be regular suicide 🙃

ironically, one of their biggest arguments was that 3 day waiting periods will prevent suicides.
call me heartless but i do not believe for one second that the state (any state) should enter the suicide prevention arena.
Yes and that was from the Dems. One Republican female lawmaker stood up and said, you're going to make a mother who was threatened wait 3 days to get a firearm to protect herself? That's insane. (Something to that effect)

We were talking about this last night at our R&G Club and our President and another member who know Janet Mills said that she may veto the two bills. Sportsman Alliance of Maine (SAM) similar to GOAL is on it and has been pressuring Mills to veto the bills if it gets to her. Mills is not anti-gun.
That will probably depend on whether she Is Spoken To.

Got into an argument with a friend about how he was making a mistake voting for Mills and not LePage since he’s a gun owner. Just couldn’t accept that LePage was mean. How’s that working out

This is the new trend across the country, to ban “paramilitary training.” It reminds me of those societies that banned martial arts training, so the subculture developed dancing that hid the true martial arts training. Sounds like someone needs to start a Maine School of Ballistic Ballet.

In one state they banned strip joints, so the owner of a strip club just had the girls reciting Shakespeare on stage, but stripping while doing it, and it was found to be protected artistic expression under the 1st amendment. Someone can start an amateur acting troupe that acts out plays based on war strategies.

This all assumes that courts will uphold these attacks on anything having to do with the second amendment.
Reenactment. You get to use fairly modern gears if you reenact Iraq and Afghanistan. Just have a few long-bearded buddies play with AK’s.

call me heartless but i do not believe for one second that the state (any state) should enter the suicide prevention arena.
Hell, half of them are getting into the suicide promotion arena to realize the Medicaid / Medicare savings.

ironically, one of their biggest arguments was that 3 day waiting periods will prevent suicides.
But yet some states have a death penalty. The irony?

What’s bad for you is good for us???

Unreal

Your body, your choice.

Back
Top Bottom