Major balks at order to deploy...

http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/news/story/776335.html

Soldier balks at deploying; says Obama isn’t president
Says he shouldn’t have to go to Afghanistan because Obama is not a U.S. citizen

By Lily Gordon - [email protected]

U.S. Army Maj. Stefan Frederick Cook, set to deploy to Afghanistan, says he shouldn’t have to go.

His reason?

Barack Obama was never eligible to be president because he wasn’t born in the United States.

Actually, Obama was born in Hawaii in 1961, two years after it became a state.

Cook’s lawyer, Orly Taitz, who has also challenged the legitimacy of Obama’s presidency in other courts, filed a request last week in federal court seeking a temporary restraining order and status as a conscientious objector for his client.

In the 20-page document — filed July 8 with the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Georgia — the California-based Taitz asks the court to consider granting his client’s request based upon Cook’s belief that Obama is not a natural-born citizen of the United States and is therefore ineligible to serve as commander-in-chief of the U.S. Armed Forces.

Cook further states he “would be acting in violation of international law by engaging in military actions outside the United States under this President’s command. ... simultaneously subjecting himself to possible prosecution as a war criminal by the faithful execution of these duties.”

Cook, a reservist, received the orders mobilizing him to active duty on June 9.

According to this document, which accompanies Cook’s July 8 application for a temporary restraining order, he has been ordered to report to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa, Fla., on Wednesday. From there, the Florida resident would go to Fort Benning before deploying overseas.

A hearing to discuss Cook’s requests will take place in federal court here Thursday at 9:30 a.m.

I'd like to bitch slap him...

What a pussy, service-members are dying and this sorry ass POS is complaining about some BS technicality,,, send him to Leavenworth to think about it.

How can you be both an Army Major and a CO?

While I'm amused at the legitimacy challenge of BO's citizenship, I'm appaled at this guy's trying to avoid deployment

What would Ted Williams say.....

I could really go off on this one, but I'll just ask what kind of leadership is this POS displaying. ZERO, NONE, NADA, ZILCH, ZIP.

You have kids over there on tour number 5, 6, and 7 and this POS is looking to get out of his time and in the process generate some AP coverage.

Sad thing is he's prolly an order taking paper pusher.

Take his rank, fine him in the amount of the cost of the education the American public paid for, and be done with him; he serves no purpose in the military as an Officer in any branch.

I don't like Barrack either, but that's moot, absolutely moot and he is a fool to think otherwise.

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, this is the kind of thing that needs to happen for the issue to be brought to closure.

On the other hand, STFU and do your job. All lawful orders, etc.

I don't see it ending well either.

This won't end well for Major Cook

Ayup, that's for sure. I foresee a quick court-martial and bad discharge. Hopefully they throw in some hard time at Leavenworth. I'll wager he's too dumb and stubborn to take the dischrge in lieu of the court-martial.

How can you be both an Army Major and a CO?

While I'm amused at the legitimacy challenge of BO's citizenship, I'm appaled at this guy's trying to avoid deployment

CO as in Commanding Officer. Any officer, can be a CO, after that, regardless of rank. Generals in command are called CG's.

Freaking coward....[angry] You take the oath and you do the job.... WTF!

My thoughts exactly.

I'll wager it's a case of Yellow Fever, when you get right down to it.

This POS makes all the troops look bad. Good thing is the fact he's an officer, because if he was an NCO, it would look much worse.

<snip>
CO as in Commanding Officer. Any officer, can be a CO, after that, regardless of rank. Generals in command are called CG's.
<snip>

The question confused me too, but I think he meant CO as in conscientious objector. I could be wrong, though.

The question confused me too, but I think he meant CO as in conscientious objector. I could be wrong, though.

Good point.

I really should have read that closer.

This wasn't about conscience, it was about cowardice. Real conscientious objectors don't have a problem going and doing saomething in the medical profession or such.

SGT Alvin York was almost a conscientious objector.

He no different than the pussies saying the same thing about Bush so they wouldn't have to go... Bust his ass down to boot louie and don't send him anywhere.... We need warriors not consciencious objectors deploying anyways!

Ayup, that's for sure. I foresee a quick court-martial and bad discharge. Hopefully they throw in some hard time at Leavenworth. I'll wager he's too dumb and stubborn to take the dischrge in lieu of the court-martial.

My thoughts exactly.

I'll wager it's a case of Yellow Fever, when you get right down to it.

This POS makes all the troops look bad. Good thing is the fact he's an officer, because if he was an NCO, it would look much worse.

I ment CO as in Contentious objector. His attorny is claiming that status for him.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Sorry, I should have been clearer.

Nah, I should have read closer.

Yeah, it is pretty inconsistent that somebody would be in the Guard or Reserves and just now try to duck a deployment. I'll wager it's his second time around, and he figured it wouldn't happen.

Most everybody got him pegged right.

This story makes me very sad. Especially from someone with the rank of Major. I would have expected more.

Although, just out of curiosity....any chance this could make Barry produce the actual document?

Hope he spends time in Leavenworth. He took an oath just like all the others. Although I don't think I would EVER want to serve under him.

I don't think putting a gun to barry's head would make him produce the document.

If there was nothing incriminating on the full birth certificate, we would have seen it by now.

In the mean time, I know how it works, and I'll trust his paternal grandmother. She says he was born in Africa. Hawaii has a pretty loose birth certificate system.

Of course, the real disqualifier for him, birth certificate wise, was just his mother's age at the time.

The bottom line is that it's just a moot point now.

He's in power, he isn't going to leave quietly.

Might not even leave after the end of his term, if he thinks he can get away with it. That will definitely be a significant event in US history. Certainly enough for a couple million people to reach for the reset button, and most of them are armed and organized. They're called the US Military.

I don't think putting a gun to barry's head would make him produce the document.

If there was nothing incriminating on the full birth certificate, we would have seen it by now.

In the mean time, I know how it works, and I'll trust his paternal grandmother. She says he was born in Africa. Hawaii has a pretty loose birth certificate system.

Of course, the real disqualifier for him, birth certificate wise, was just his mother's age at the time.

The bottom line is that it's just a moot point now.

Might not even leave after the end of his term, if he thinks he can get away with it. That will definitely be a significant event in US history. Certainly enough for a couple million people to reach for the reset button, and most of them are armed and organized. They're called the US Military.

The President refusing to leave office at the end of his term is a reset button event. No question.

I disagree. I don't see that happening. He'll leave power just like Bill Clinton did and make millions on the book and lecture circuit.

No, Barry is far more power hungry than Slick Willie ever was. Hitlery was the power hungry Klinton, not Slick Willie.

I actually see Barry trying to stay, and see him also trying to put enough in place to stay.

Klinton staying illegally is said to have been actually polled, though I can't find any reference to that by Googling (don't think I'm surprised about it).

No, Barry is far more power hungry than Slick Willie ever was. Hitlery was the power hungry Klinton, not Slick Willie.

I actually see Barry trying to stay, and see him also trying to put enough in place to stay.

Klinton staying illegally is said to have been actually polled, though I can't find any reference to that by Googling (don't think I'm surprised about it).

I remember that & you're right. Willie was about the trappings of power, Barry's about the excercise.

Back
Top Bottom