Major balks at order to deploy...

Other possible Articles would be Article 88, Contmept toward officials, Article 86 or 87, Unauthorized Absence and Missed Movement, if the unit has already deployed as well as other Articles, though they are harder to get a conviction on.

This is a VERY different situation then the Oath Keepers.

Correct, though the Oath Keepers will be in a similar situation should the day come that they MUST make the choice.

For the Oath Keepers, all we have to do is prove the order is unconstitutional, and we're good to go.

This clown is saying the order is unconstitutional because the POTUS is not legally in office, which is a non-issue.

The POTUS doesn't sign deployment orders, or any other orders, other than real high awards.

In the case of the National Guard, the order putting you on Active Duty for deployment is directed by the stae's Adjutant General, and "signed" by a lower grade officer, usually the Chief of Staff or a Deputy Chief of Staff. As I type this, I'm looking at a deployment order from the past, and that's how it's worded.

If the Major failed to comply with the Mobilization Order by the date specified on it, he's in deep shit, even if the order was rescinded after the date. He would be in violation of Articles 86 and 87 (which one they would use would be up to whomever brings the charges).

Correct, though the Oath Keepers will be in a similar situation should the day come that they MUST make the choice.

For the Oath Keepers, all we have to do is prove the order is unconstitutional, and we're good to go.

If it comes to that point then we're all in pretty deep doo doo. Anyone that stands up will be branded a traitor, terrorist and criminal by the government we're protesting/resisting - with all that entails.

If it comes to that point then we're all in pretty deep doo doo. Anyone that stands up will be branded a traitor, terrorist and criminal by the government we're protesting/resisting - with all that entails.

A lot of us already are on that list sweetie....or didn't you read Janet's report?

[wink]

If he ends up being the guy to take down the Obama administration, he'll be my hero!

I guess there are two scenarios;

a) He know's that he's taking a big risk yet he's willing to put himself in harms way for principle.
b) He's trying to avoid deployment?
I'm hoping it's A!

IF he believes he cannot serve his country for whatever reason then he has the duty to resign his commission - NOT to continue to take the 'king's shilling' until he's called upon to actually do his job - lead troops in battle.

I just want to bump this particular quote. Bob pretty much nailed it. It's July. The inauguration was in January. This major maintained his commission, continued drilling, continued receiving various orders from higher, continued issuing orders to subordinates, and continued receiving pay for months after Obama was sworn in. Once he get's a deployment order he suddenly feels he has to stand up and take action. Yeah.....

bs.gif

I just want to bump this particular quote. Bob pretty much nailed it. It's July. The inauguration was in January. This major maintained his commission, continued drilling, continued receiving various orders from higher, continued issuing orders to subordinates, and continued receiving pay for months after Obama was sworn in. Once he get's a deployment order he suddenly feels he has to stand up and take action. Yeah.....

bs.gif

While I tend to agree with you Bob, a defensive to this argument could be that he was fulfilling his State mission during those excercises, in which case his governor is his CiC.

While I tend to agree with you Bob, a defensive to this argument could be that he was fulfilling his State mission during those excercises, in which case his governor is his CiC.

The article stated he was a reservist. I take that to mean Army Reserve. If he was actually in the Guard, then you're point is valid. The Army Reserve is federal, though.

The article stated he was a reservist. I take that to mean Army Reserve. If he was actually in the Guard, then you're point is valid. The Army Reserve is federal, though.

Yep. We all know how well journalists do on the details when it comes to his stuff. [wink]

Either way, he's probably screwed himself out of a career in uniform, and secured another one as a guest speaker.

If he ends up being the guy to take down the Obama administration, he'll be my hero!

a) He know's that he's taking a big risk yet he's willing to put himself in harms way for principle.
I'm hoping it's A!

You forgot c) He's a raving f***ing conspiracy loony

Pure stupidity along with all the other conspiracy theory loons. Obama's mother was an american citizen when he was born. It does not matter where he was born. I wish it did and some one could make him be removed but it is not going to happen. He knows it too but likes to see the morons waste their energy trying to prove it instead of looking elsewhere.

1) Obama is either a citizen or he isn't.
2) There is some reason he doesn't want to produce his birth certificate.
3) Since we know that #2 is true, it should come as no surprise that they revoked his orders, will sweep this under the rug, and the major will become an example.
4) He is a major, but a reservist, which means he gets promoted at a far slower rate than active duty Army. He could very well be close to getting his 20 year letter, so rather than resign he chose to stick it out, hoping he wouldn't get mobilized. Once he got his mobilization orders, it seems as if that was when he made the decision to chicken out. Of course this opinion is in absence of evidence to the contrary, like prior mobilizations or prior legal attempts on his part to identify citizenship.

Pure stupidity along with all the other conspiracy theory loons. Obama's mother was an american citizen when he was born. It does not matter where he was born. I wish it did and some one could make him be removed but it is not going to happen. He knows it too but likes to see the morons waste their energy trying to prove it instead of looking elsewhere.

Well, she may have been a US citizen, but not to the point where it made him a citizen. Note that she was not 19 years old yet, so she could NOT have conveyed citizenship on him.

If she could have, the whole birth certificate issue would have been moot, as it would not matter if he was born on Mars or the Moon even.

It took me a while to find it again, but, here's what the law says. I had to alter this, to relect the exact ruling in place when he was born.

Through birth abroad to one United States citizen
a person is a U.S. citizen if all of the following are true:

One of the person's parents was a U.S. citizen when the person in question was born;
The citizen parent lived at least 10 years in the United States before his or her child's birth;
A minimum of 5 of these 10 years in the United States were after the citizen parent's 14th birthday.

Some people will quote this as a requirement for 5 years in the US, and 2 of those 5 years after 14. That is true, if he was born AFTER November 14, 1986. The law in effect at the time of his birth is what the rule is.

I got my info from the US Code, at the Cornell University Law School website, not some blog.

1) Obama is either a citizen or he isn't.
2) There is some reason he doesn't want to produce his birth certificate.
3) Since we know that #2 is true, it should come as no surprise that they revoked his orders, will sweep this under the rug, and the major will become an example.
4) He is a major, but a reservist, which means he gets promoted at a far slower rate than active duty Army. He could very well be close to getting his 20 year letter, so rather than resign he chose to stick it out, hoping he wouldn't get mobilized. Once he got his mobilization orders, it seems as if that was when he made the decision to chicken out. Of course this opinion is in absence of evidence to the contrary, like prior mobilizations or prior legal attempts on his part to identify citizenship.

So it may take several more soldiers to do the same thing in order to keep this in the public eye.
Furthermore, he will could likely use the same defense at his court martial. It's easy to call the guy a coward but let's see how it develops.

Well, she may have been a US citizen, but not to the point where it made him a citizen. Note that she was not 19 years old yet, so she could NOT have conveyed citizenship on him.

If she could have, the whole birth certificate issue would have been moot, as it would not matter if he was born on Mars or the Moon even.

It took me a while to find it again, but, here's what the law says. I had to alter this, to relect the exact ruling in place when he was born.

Some people will quote this as a requirement for 5 years in the US, and 2 of those 5 years after 14. That is true, if he was born AFTER November 14, 1986. The law in effect at the time of his birth is what the rule is.

I got my info from the US Code, at the Cornell University Law School website, not some blog.

Is that when the rules changed Nickle? In '86? It was US soil before that, wasn't it? Or am I REALLY behind the times?

Before 1986, she had to have lived in the US for 10 years, 5 of which had to be after she turned 14. She wasn't 19 yet.

After 1986, she had to live in the US for 5 years, 2 of which had to be after she turned 14. Only had to be 16.

IIRC, she was 18 years old at the time.

FYI for all you folks bitching about the birth certificate, my father, who was born in Shanghai China to US parents was considered a natural born citizen by the DOD and the FBI.

Also, it doesn't mean a damn thing what the USC says. What matters is what the constitution says and that decision is made by the courts. So far none of them have given these silly lawsuits any attention at all because they are rightly considered conspiracy theories.

Lynne, checked it for you.

Born Stanley Ann Dunham
November 29, 1942(1942-11-29)
Ft. Leavenworth, KS, USA

Bill, the US Code definitely does mean something, regardless of the Constitution.

If you don't believe me, sell a handgun to a resident of another state, and try to weasle your way out of it. I bet you lose, even though the Constitution doesn;t prohibit it.

Matter of fact, if you want to use what little info that's in the Constitution about Obama's residency being valid, you'll lose. Because though the Constitution doesn't clearly define what natural born is, I used the law prevailing at the time of his birth, which is the legal definition, which is also the definition most in Obama's benefit.

If he fails what I have laid out, he will fail EVERY other possible definition know at that time.

The bottom line is simple. His father was not a US citizen when he was born. His mother was 18 years old when he was born, not 19, as would be required for him to be a citizen as you are. The ONLY way he could be a "NATURAL BORN" US citizen is IF he was born in Hawaii. There's more than enough dispute to warrant an investigation into the matter, and enough to warrant a call for his complete birth certificate. The matter was never settled, unlike McCain's situation was (his was ruled on by Congress). Matter of fact, his paternal grandmother and paternals aunts all claim he was born in Kenya.

The court process is a working issue, there's multiple cases out there on it.

Funny thing is, all Obama has to do to stop it is to show his COMPLETE birth certificate from Hawaii, showing which hospital he was born in. He hasn't, and he's allegedly paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to avoid it.

Doesn't that last act make all of you remotely suspicious?

If he was truly born in Hawaii, the complete certificate wil lshow as such, and the issue would be dead. Yet, he has spent obscene amounts of money to avoid just that.

That in itself is enough to make ANY reasonable person suspicious.

FYI for all you folks bitching about the birth certificate, my father, who was born in Shanghai China to US parents was considered a natural born citizen by the DOD and the FBI.

Also, it doesn't mean a damn thing what the USC says. What matters is what the constitution says and that decision is made by the courts. So far none of them have given these silly lawsuits any attention at all because they are rightly considered conspiracy theories.

You don't have to be born in the US to be a natural born citizen. For instance, if you were born on a military installation, you are still a citizen. Otherwise McCain wouldn't be a citizen, (and therefore not allowed to be president) since he was born in Panama IIRC.

I'm hoping it's A!

I'm hoping A as well, but keeping it in/on peoples minds is important.
Remember, even the usurpers own flock may start questioning him someday, and the more fuel for the fire the better...

Back
Top Bottom