Man arrested at BU trying to carry guns into graduation ceremony

It's not that clear. If BU owns all of the property on both sides of street, maintains the street/sidewalks, etc... The courts will look at it as their jurisdiction. I'll try to find the cases for it. I know they exist, and am fairly sure they were appellate cases.

IF all the conditions are right and he was on a public way owned by BU this sounds like a great opportunity for a defense with some force behind it an attempt to clarify state law.

It's not that clear. If BU owns all of the property on both sides of street, maintains the street/sidewalks, etc... The courts will look at it as their jurisdiction. I'll try to find the cases for it. I know they exist, and am fairly sure they were appellate cases.

No way. I managed buildings that were owned by MIT and by no means were they "campus".

Correct me if I am wrong but carrying on a restricted ltc is only citable correct?

It's a "civil offense" according to the Suffolk County DA quoted in the news story. Coupled with the allegation he was carrying on school property, I'm fairly certain Andrea has kissed his LTC good-bye.

Yes, looks like he was carrying both his and his wife's handguns on a restricted license.
They just bought a pair of M&P shields.

Ya I'm going to guess he's unsuitable now...

If he gets convicted, he's MA prohibited for life. In any case if he had an LTC he should(*) have been cited, not arrested.

* - I use "should" in the legal sense, not as an editorial comment.

It's a "civil offense" according to the Suffolk County DA quoted in the news story.

Civil for carrying on restricted; criminal for carry on the buildings or grounds of a school. Since the later carries a possible prison sentence, and involves firearms, it is a lifetime MA DQ for an LTC.

That would be BC.

Actually the BC campus cuts thru Brookline (Norfolk Co.), Boston (Suffolk Co.) and Newton (Middlesex Co.). BC PD prosecutes cases in all three counties!

- - - Updated - - -

It's got to be the guy who started a thread about him open carrying in MA & how brave he is when he only had his license for 4 days... Ahhhh I forgot his username
[rofl]

Hmm, you could be right!

It's got to be the guy who started a thread about him open carrying in MA & how brave he is when he only had his license for 4 days... Ahhhh I forgot his username
[rofl]

I thought that guy was from western mass. The person who got arrested today is from Marshfield.

Back
Top Bottom