• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Mansfield (MA) F&G Protective Assn

Had a strange experience tonight. Dude in a 4Runner came hauling ass into the parking lot, slammed on his brakes, skidded and parked at an angle on the 50 yard range. Came running in under the awning and asked if we were shooting or not. He told me he needed to take pictures quickly of a target stand all the while mumbling about building some himself and how he loved the target stands and built some himself for the gun range in Chicopee. Kept mentioning how great Chicopee gun range is. So he threw out a target stand and a target on the range and proceeded to snap a bazillion pictures of them. Then thanked us and left literally doing a peel out of the parking lot and going about 50mph out of there. Nice enough guy but by far my strangest experience here.

We held our "inaugural meeting" at the new clubhouse last night. Well attended by >40 members. There is still some finish work to be done in the clubhouse but we are finally inside, have real bathrooms again and a kitchen all in working order. It's been just shy of 5 years but we finally made it.

We need to replenish our treasury before we tackle continuing to complete the indoor range. [Since I know that will be the inevitable question that some will post.]

The Mansfield range kind of fell of my radar, how's the facility now? Last I saw the indoor facility was still under construction, has this completed? Is the indoor range 24hr access with both pistol and rifle usability? I don't see any pictures posted of the facility, are they steel targets? I need to get out to a 100 yard range to site in my rifle, so I've been in the market for a membership somewhere. Thanks for any and all info!

The Mansfield range kind of fell of my radar, how's the facility now? Last I saw the indoor facility was still under construction, has this completed? Is the indoor range 24hr access with both pistol and rifle usability? I don't see any pictures posted of the facility, are they steel targets? I need to get out to a 100 yard range to site in my rifle, so I've been in the market for a membership somewhere. Thanks for any and all info!

Did you read my post just above yours?

Indoor range will still need work but that takes money and we've spent everything to get the building back open, so work will resume on the indoor range once the treasury is in better shape. Both (50yd and 100yd) outdoor ranges work fine and have had many improvements made (thanks to many Eagle Scout projects).

Did you read my post just above yours?

Indoor range will still need work but that takes money and we've spent everything to get the building back open, so work will resume on the indoor range once the treasury is in better shape. Both (50yd and 100yd) outdoor ranges work fine and have had many improvements made (thanks to many Eagle Scout projects).
Ah OK, I'm going to have to check it out this week. I really need a local 100 yard range, while AFS in Attleboro is great for quick trips, I need to sight in my EoTech.

Sent from my Galaxy Note5 using Tapatalk.

Anyone know the best time to drop off an application to become a member? I checked the range out this weekend, it's essentially exactly what I'm looking for and close by!

Awesome, thanks so much. I'll drop off the application then, should I stick around for the meeting or just drop it off and go?

To be voted in you have to stick around, but that is the first item on the agenda after the Pledge of Allegiance.

No, they will ask you 2 questions and then the vote is taken publicly with you present.

- Why MF&G?
- Have you read the range rules and bylaws and do you have any problem with them? (they are posted on the website)

Bring the application form, a copy of your NRA or GOAL membership card (club requirement) and filled out waiver form. If you don't have a sponsor, talk with me before the meeting begins. I'll likely be sitting up front left, the bald guy. with a LA Police Gear beige hat.

SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

Mansfield F&G will be offering a special membership promotion at the Foxboro Gun Show on Feb.6 & 7, 2016. For those that sign up at the gun show, the cost for the year (ending September 1st) is only $100.00. Payment can be made by check or cash. You will be given a receipt to bring to the members meeting on Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 7PM and be voted in at that meeting. The "show" will be your sponsor.

Gun Show Info:

Demetri's Function Facility
2 Washington Street, Route 1
Foxboro, MA 02035
508-668-7200
Feb 6 & 7, 2016
Saturday 9:00 A.M.-5:00 P.M.
Sunday 9:00 A.M. -3:00 P.M.
325 tables
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/loc/fox/FOXBORO.htm

Directions and Dealer Flier:
http://northeastgunshows.org/loc/fox...BORO_FEB16.pdf

$1 off coupon (good at ALL shows):
http://users.erols.com/fasttrack/lib...background.gif

Unless she raised the price, it should be $12/person before the coupon.

Last edited:
See Post # 321 above

You can join MF&G for a flat fee of $100 for the remainder of this club year at the gun show. Someone will be at the MF&G table both days. Look for a plastic frame 5' off the table (should be visible from most places in the hall) with info and pictures hanging off of it.

Stop by and say "hi" Saturday morning as I'll be at the table most of that time.

SPECIAL MEMBERSHIP PROMOTION

Mansfield F&G will be offering a special membership promotion at the Foxboro Gun Show on Feb.6 & 7, 2016. For those that sign up at the gun show, the cost for the year (ending September 1st) is only $100.00. Payment can be made by check or cash. You will be given a receipt to bring to the members meeting on Wednesday, March 3, 2016 at 7PM and be voted in at that meeting. The "show" will be your sponsor.

I went to the Foxboro gun show and took advantage of this deal. I'm looking forward to joining this club.

We look forward to meeting all our new members at the Wednesday, March 2nd meeting (NOTE: I screwed up the date in my posting). I'll head back to the post and fix it now.

The website is undergoing a make-over, removing outdated info and adding more up-to-date and pertinent info.

Wow, I just took a look. Great job done by one of our members in revising the website!!

Just a reminder for those interested.

Join us for a Club Open House!

Mansfield Fish & Game Protective Association invites you to join us for a Club Open House, 6:30PM, February 19, 2016.

Learn about our club and the activities we enjoy from our members, see the newly rebuilt clubhouse and our ranges and enjoy a few snacks. Best of all, we will be offering a significant new membership savings if you want to sign-up and join. Please stop by for further information and visit.

Mansfield Fish & Game is located at 510 East Street, Mansfield, MA 02048, about 1.5 miles east of town, behind the DPW.

Also check out the new website at http://mansfieldfish.com NOTE: More pictures of juniors program, other activities will be added shortly.

Back
Top Bottom