• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

marlbobo sept 24 / 25

Reporting from the gun show attendance seems high 20 minutes before opening line has reached just a little bit past the white tent... More updates to come

Constant line at the door. Moderate crowd Appeared to be a 5 to 10% drop in vendors. The usual suspects in attendance. CCI lead nose SV available but $65 a brick of 500.

nics been Dow n since 1:30 been sitting at on target firearms for over an hour and a half waiting to buy my sr22 attendance is still pretty good in here, people still walking around. Gonna sit tight and wait for this to blow over.

Last edited:
Yup it crapped out at around 2:00 pm and came back on-line around 3:45pm. The NICS system has been a mess for at least a month now. They keep changing the system. FFL dealers are the Beta Team for the NICS system from updating your operating system to locking you out from getting in because of passwords bouncing. Our Federal government at work. Why would anyone want the USG operating anything. Look what happened to the American Indians, Veterans and Obamacare. We the voters are suckers for putting up with this. So much for purchasing a firearm at the peak hours of a gun show.

so aside from the NICS problems, how about some reports on the show. What kind of stuff, how's the prices?

so aside from the NICS problems, how about some reports on the show. What kind of stuff, how's the prices?

jerky? really that's all I have left with on average in the past 8 years.... I snagged 5 nice 20 round mags 3 years ago for 20 each sunday at 345pm... I thought that was good seeing it was 3/80$ 10 minutes earlier

Don't know about the prices. This is info from my FFL dealer friend. He's been attending gun shows in this state for 35 years. He had one guy that was trying to sell his Pre-ban AK-47 for $3k and my friend ask him who do you think is going to buy it. Dealers can't touch it so its a FTF at best. A $500.00 AK for $3k. Yeah right! Also their was a half dozen dealers missing. These are the ones that were selling Pre-Ban Firearms. Rumors flying about Plymouth and one other show being cancelled because of dealers pulling out. Get out and vote!!!

I've been going to this show for years and I have to say that without a doubt this was the least attended show by dealers that I've ever seen. I'd say about 1/4th gun dealers, 10% ammo and the rest were knives, accessories and a boat load of tables full of crap. Now with that said I bought more stuff at this show then I have in quite a while. Attendance at 1pm was super light and many vendors were grumbling about the low turnout. The thing about vendors not having a good day is that they tend to negotiate more. Picked up an ammo can of 220 rounds of Federal 147gr 7.62x51 for $150 and a nice Stainless Star FireStar in 9mm at Stoney Acres for a very good price. Though I will have to visit his shop to pick it up this week due to NICS being down. No biggie.

Show was decent for me. Not the greatest show ever but decent. Spent way too much money. Crowd was large. I arrived at 11 AM and I still had to stand in line briefly. It was a little creepy with the Maura AR/AK Ban sign on the door warning us all to behave. Overheard a couple vendors talking and they both expressed that they were pleased with the size of the crowd. One set of two tables was conspicuously unoccupied. No explanation. Other than that, I didn't detect any shortage of vendors. The fact is that one of the popular local show vendors has been forced out by show management. Another popular show vendor closed shop and moved to Maine earlier this month. Other than those two and the body armor guy, I didn't detect anyone else missing. Everyone I personally went to see was there.

But I'll be the first to admit that it was pretty weird with no one displaying or selling ARs or AKs. Plenty of folks selling AR & AK parts including complete uppers... but no one selling complete guns or 100% lowers. Lots of stuff marked LEO only (much more than usual). Plenty of Mini-14's and a boatload of Hi-Points for sale. Pretty sick that a gun most of us used to laugh at now the de facto number one surviving replacement for ARs and AKs in this insane state.

For handgun sales, it was business as usual. No question that people were buying. I lost out on one great S&W revolver deal when the guy in front of me snapped it up. But I found another possible acquisition on another table that I'll be revisiting at the dealers shop if it is still around next week.

=========================

EDIT: After I thought about it a little more last night, I did come up with 2 or 3 other vendors from recent past shows whom I believe were missing from this weekend's show. [slap] None critical in any way to my shopping or enjoyment, but I wanted to correct myself anyway. -EJ

Last edited:
I saw that guy.. parked next to him and waited in line with him, I was too afraid to even ask for the price of that AK. Happy I didn't, I would've laughed him out of the show...

I noticed a couple larger tables were not there.
The optics booth (trijicon / aimpoint).
The magpul booth that usually set up near it.

I noticed a couple larger tables were not there.
The optics booth (trijicon / aimpoint).
The magpul booth that usually set up near it.

Georgia Optics was not there and they have been at every show I've been to. The other I believe was Precision Armament Works. I heard they closed after the AG Fiasco.

Back
Top Bottom