Marlboro, MA gun show April 8th & 9th

Milsurps 4 Me said:
Like mentioned in an earlier post in the milsurps section, i'll be there Saturday morning till around 11 sporting a Curt Schilling home jersey. The season is finally here and its time to support the Sox!! [smile]

And they are going to need it. While Curt looked good, not to sure how it's going to go...big loss against a not so good pitcher yesterday. But up ahead now from Nixon's smack.

C-pher said:
And they are going to need it. While Curt looked good, not to sure how it's going to go...big loss against a not so good pitcher yesterday. But up ahead now from Nixon's smack.

They're going to do fine this year. Strong at every position, except maybe Bard, but it's too soon to tell. Wait till they sign Clemens.

Gary

C-pher said:

First opening game win in several years, its gotta mean good things. Besides, its a new team, new year and like a new gun things gotta get broken in.[wink]

For folks looking for some 1911's A dealer friend Ernie Ellery is liquidating an estate of a shooter who had a number of nice 1911's a 52-2 and some High Standards. The prices look good for the items. He will be at the show. Greg

Greg Derr said:
For folks looking for some 1911's A dealer friend Ernie Ellery is liquidating an estate of a shooter who had a number of nice 1911's a 52-2 and some High Standards. The prices look good for the items. He will be at the show. Greg

Any way we can get a list or a heads-up of what he might have, 1911-wise?

DevX said:
Got one, just unsure where to actually look.

Best thing to do is find online companies selling them and keep a list of the average price they're fetching these days, then compare that price to what you see at the gun show. Often its worth the extra $20 you'll pay at a gun show just to be able to inspect the rifle yourself rather than buying blind from a company offering the wide range of "good to very good" condition.
Bright bore, sharp crown, good fitting stock, matching numbers, all things to look for and things you can see for yourself at the show.

Coyote33 said:
Is this the only coupon? If not, are there others of greater "value"?

I think it might be rainy this weekend, and I wouldn't mind checking this out.

All such coupons (at least the ones I have seen for gun shows) offer the same discount. It is a good show. I would use the GOAL coupon in hopes of stimulating more advertising in the GOAL magazine.

C-pher said:
Well, it seems that I'm only going to be there for a few hours on Saturday. I'm going to have to leave about 3 or so.

But I plan on being that the table for the whole day on Sunday.

I'll be down in time to see you before you leave on Saturday. Fooped and I should be there by 11:00ish.

Oppinions from those who went to this show?

I went to this for a few hours this morning. It was my first gun show. I thought it was OK. A little bit of a disappointment. I was expecting there to be more ammo and accessories (night sights) along with the guns and knives. Good selection of guns, I thought most of the vendors there seemed pretty cool, but the firearms prices were high for the most part (as has been mentioned on this board). I was hoping to find some good deals on ammo, there were really only a couple of tables/vendors with ammo (I thought I had seen someplace that there would be an ammo tent).

I'd be interested to hear from those of you who go to these shows more often what your thoughts are. Was this better, worse, or about what should be expected?

Last edited:
I was there and had a good time. Bought a couple of books, some .38+P (the only .357 I could find was $14/box at one dealer, and the other dealer had mismatched ammo in boxes that he claimed was factory ammo. I passed on it. [rolleyes]), some jerky and pepperoni...

I also saw (deep breath): C-pher, Greg Derr, GTK, JayG, Adam_MA, Derek & Brent (joined at the hip [smile]), LenS & Deena, JonJ & Barbara, LisaJ, Eddie Coyle, TypeO1313... and at least one or two others who's name is escaping me right now.

Derek, I really think you need to take a table at the next show! [smile]

there were a few deals to be found... saw a Colt Detective Special for $225, and a Japanese copy of same for $75 that JayG scored... SKS's were going for around $200, MN's were around $150 or so... there was even a guy with a COP .357. He wanted $895 for it! (I'll take $650 for mine... [smile] )

Anyway, it was fun. Not a lot of bargains, but it was fun.

I had a good time as well. I spent 3 hours there. I didn't see any real deals. Most of the stuff I'd be interested in I can get at Four Seasons for less or the same, and I'd rather give them my business.

Holsters were pretty much non existant.

Lens told me to go screw when I cried about my GOAL membership.

Derek said hi but was too much of a socialite to chat with me.

I probably saw lots of others, but I wouldn't know it.

Martlet said:
I had a good time as well. I spent 3 hours there. I didn't see any real deals. Most of the stuff I'd be interested in I can get at Four Seasons for less or the same, and I'd rather give them my business.

Holsters were pretty much non existant.

Lens told me to go screw when I cried about my GOAL membership.

Derek said hi but was too much of a socialite to chat with me.

I probably saw lots of others, but I wouldn't know it.

Hey, hey, be nice there! We told you what to do about it and where you could go for results! [devil] [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom