Marlboro, MA gun show April 8th & 9th

It looks like I am going to end up going to this show. I missed an opportunity to buy an interesting older revolver last Big E show so I want to see if the dealer is going to be at Marlboro. This time I am going to try to get an earlier start so that I don't end up parking half a mile away in the back of the hotel parking lot.

FPrice said:
I'd love to but I don't know if my "kitchen pass" goes that long.

[crying]

I'll call her and tell her you're dead. That will buy us a few hours. Then when you show up later that afternoon she'll be so happy you're not dead we won't get in trouble for the initial call. [devil]

derek said:
I'll call her and tell her you're dead. That will buy us a few hours. Then when you show up later that afternoon she'll be so happy you're not dead we won't get in trouble for the initial call. [devil]

Is this what's known as guerilla warfare?

Persuasion by hand grenade?

AKA "A Big Lie and a Heart Attack"?

[smile] [smile] [smile] [smile] [smile]

Boy, I've got it made.

"Look what I found, a NEW gun for you." (I don't call her Dear or Honey)

When I bought my M14, the wife was also working that same show with us, and was talking to a guy that sells safes. She was shopping for a new one (she wanted the $1400 one). She tells the guy I'm shopping for ANOTHER gun, after having paid $800 for the M14 (it was a steal).

Little did she know that I knew the guy moderately well.

derek said:

Yeah, right. With my luck she'd already have the insurance money spent and bitch at me for coming home and spoiling her shopping spree.

Do they have the gun closet things (like safe, just less expensive) at gun shows? If so, at a good deal meaning better priced than say Dick's Sporting Goods or 4 Seasons?

I don't want (can't afford) a safe, but do want a better method than a bunch of cable locks and disarray.

If so, this could be a good reason to get to the show and meet some of you in person. There should be a hat or something we could wear to identify. Is there a set meeting area and/or time?

Coyote,

No, I've never seen lockers/cabinets at the gun shows. Only large and small gun safes for serious money. Best place for what you are looking for is Wal-Mart, Dicks and maybe Four Seasons.

Len, they got that guy that has the buildable gun lockers. I don't really think of them as safes as they have no fire safety, but they are pretty sweet. You can break them apart and build them where ever you like.

I don't really know what the prices are like though, so I agree that those stores will give you better prices.

Len, they got that guy that has the buildable gun lockers. I don't really think of them as safes as they have no fire safety, but they are pretty sweet. You can break them apart and build them where ever you like.
Are you talking about these? http://www.zanottiarmorsafes.com/about.html

They are just as expensive as a traditional gun safe. If someone can't afford a Champion or Liberty gun safe, then they can't afford a Zanotti.

Yep, that's them. I never looked into the prices as he said that they aren't fireproof, so I went with American Securities.

Most places will let you pay on them, so it's not that bad. People pay that much for a gun, so spend the extra 600 bucks and invest in a good safe.

But that's how I look at it.

Coyote33 said:
Do they have the gun closet things (like safe, just less expensive)

The small 1 or 2 gun safes you can mount to the wall or bed itself are about $90 from the guy who sells the holster that hides under you pants -- can't remember the name of his company. He also has the cheapest Glock mags and he was at the last Marlboro show.

But, I just picked up a safe with one shelf at Dicks with electronic keypad with key override for $60. It screws to the shelf in my closet and holds 5 pistols with loaded spare mags. I've been thinking of putting a one of those mini push-on lights on the door or top, but the Heinie sights on one of my Glocks are readiable visible!

cheers,
Chuck

dwarven1 said:
What in particular does the Powder Keg sell? Reloading supplies? Just wondering.

Ross, when I met C-pher and his boss (Greg?) it seemed like they were a general gun shop. Could not tell if they specialized in one thing or another. But they all seemed like great people and if I were closer to them I think the Powder Keg would be a regular stop for me. It's that kind of operation.

C-pher said:

I don't really know what the prices are like though, so I agree that those stores will give you better prices.

Comment deleted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom