Marlboro Show - Jan 24 & 25

I was at the rocking hunting and fishing expo a couple of weeks ago. Filled out some "raffle for a free bass pro gift card", and probably one from LLBean too. I have had 5 calls in the last 2 weeks to claim my 4 free plane tickets I won. I didn't give any of the callers enough time to fully explain what I assume is a nice little scam. Anyway just a word of caution.

Just got back from the show. Not a lot of people but as I was leaving more people were starting to come in as the weather clears up. Honestly wasn't anything to see there, felt like I've been to better shows. Was only looking for one gun and of course no one had one for sale.

Reloading component pricing was up considerably from last Marlboro show, less availability too. I was looking for Varget and CFE-223, there was none of either.
Best price on primers was $38, most were $40-$42. I paid $34 at the last show.

Projectiles were also overpriced, but that doesn't bother me as much, since there is no hazardous shipping fees when ordering them online. But the extra $25 fee tacked on to primer and/or powder shipping charges really sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Was the earplug and jerky guys there?
Dave[/QUOTE]

Yes the the earplug and jerky tables are set up. They are against the back wall as usual.

Crowd was thin--bargains were rare, but there were some.

A guy was selling 90-95% condition Adventureline 20 round AR15 mags, aluminum followers--asking $20, but he came down to $15. Probably had 25 or 30 left.

If you want some pristine Colt NOS 70's mags, a guy was selling those for $35--but them being pristine I'd say the price wasn't insane.

Seemed like a real good day to haggle.

A guy came down to $25 for what looked to be pristine, old-school triangular M-16A1 handguards, no cracks, no chips.

For quick location on the Adventureline mags, divide the show up into a 10 square grid, 1-5 is the far back wall, going left to right, 6-10 being front/closest, left to right. Adventure line were somewhere around grid 7, pristine rebuiilt mags were at the intersection (approximately) of grid 2 and 7.

Good luck.

Last edited:
How much are those custom ear plugs? Worth the price of admission?

Plugs are usually 60 or 70 and justifies going and seeing the same stuff that was there last year. Personally I have been using the custom plugs since I got my first set at Perry back in the late 80s. Hate having my ears sweet all summer and you should get new ones every couple years as your ear canal changes.

How much are those custom ear plugs? Worth the price of admission?

Yes they are. Been using a pair for years. In fact I bring them when I fly. It's amazing how much noise they eliminate.

I used them when staying at a friend's home out in the woods, trying to drown out the noise of the kids partying. After the kids went to sleep it was totally dark and I couldn't hear a thing. I started to have the weirdest dreams and such. I learned it was a form of sensory deprivation. Really weird!

Forgot to show my haul. Cheapest show for me in ages thanks to some good friends.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1422138514542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1422138514542.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 284
I was surprised both at the availability and pricing of preban rifle standard cap mags as well as the lack of stinky greasy ponytail guys.

I got there about 2:30, there were more people than I expected, but the crowd was light. I bumped into Matt from the Armory then we bumped into SKS Ray. I spent half the time hanging around the Armory tables. I bought some trauma and surgical kits and some pre-ban rebuilt AR Mags. The guy does a nice job rebuilding them with the Magpul followers. I also bought 1,000 rounds or Tula 7.62 x 39 for $240.00 from Chris the NY ammo guy, only he wasn't there. His people said he had a contract to plow this year and he couldn't get out of it. All in all, not a bad show.

I was surprised both at the availability and pricing of preban rifle standard cap mags as well as the lack of stinky greasy ponytail guys.

How much were the preban 30 round mags? Did they have external dates? Magpul followers?

Chris

Back
Top Bottom