• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Marlboro show

?

I have never been to a show how much is it to get in? Can you buy firearms, ammo at a show? Also My wife is still waiting for her LTC will she be able to attend but not handle firearms? Thanks

I think it's like 7-8 bucks to get in. Yes you can buy guns and ammo there, and there is no requirement of having a license to get into the show.

Who knows? Ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances. But given that this is MA, if you DO find it, make sure you have a lot of cash or a credit card with a high limit...

I'd like to go. I actually arrived at this forum doing a search on New England Gun Shows.

I need info.. where is it.
Read the thread. I've excerpted the salient points for you. Coming from the North you want the FIRST Rt 20 exit (which is still Rt 20 West).

Best Western convention center - 495 north to exit 24 (I forget if it's A or B). It's the second Rt 20 exit; go under the over pass and get on Rt 20 West. Go through two traffic lights, and look on the right hand side for the lighted sign. It's probably around a mile or a little less from 495.

It's actually at the convention center (display hall) for the hotel - not in the hotel itself. It's not quite as big as the Big E, but it's usually well-attended, and parking is free. There are a number of places to eat within walking distance, and it's easy to reach from the highway. Just take the Mass Pike East, head north on 495, and then 2 exits up (exit 24), take 20 west. It's about a mile off the highway on the right.

Marlboro/Marlborough is in MetroWest, NOT Southern MA!! It is ~10 miles NORTH of I-90 which isn't a bad separator of North and South in MA.

what is the price of admission?
is it open to the public? (non-licenced, no affiliations)

any web site with more info

Please read the entire thread and you'll have your questions (these and others you think of later [wink] ) answered:

- $8 is usually the cost of admission. If you can find a $1 discount coupon, you can save a buck.

- The only purpose of the show is to sell stuff, so you bet it's open to the public.

- The only license you need to get in is the correct number of greenbacks. What you can buy without a LTC/FID is limited, but that takes place at each seller's table.

- No websites, Carole (promoter) doesn't believe in technology! [thinking] [wink]

I am going up to the show on Saturday Morning. I live in Taunton, if anyone in South East Mass wants to meet up to carpool, I am happy to drive. Just let me know. I will probably be leaving the area around 8:45am because I have to drop my daughter at my Mom's house in the morning because my wife has to work all day.

Anyone interested, let me know.

Yup, they don't want the media taking pics and using them on TV/newspapers to show gun shows in a bad light. Private venue and it is their right to ban cameras.

Hey guys quick question... What kinda stuff is usually brought to the marlborough show? If im looking to get a handgun will any dealers be bringing guns or is it generally just accesories..... thanks joe

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, but this will be my first gun show. I plan on brining my SKS that I have for sale in the classified section, and was wondering is it ok for people to carry rifles slung on their shoulders? If so do I have to have a trigger lock on it? Or do I have to keep it in a case? thanks a bunch.

Back
Top Bottom